Previous   Next

Do you have a regular workout routine?

Asked at Wayne & Larry’s Sports Bar & Grill, 933 Iowa on May 28, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes. I try to walk every morning.”

“Sometimes … usually five days a week, cardio and weights.”

“Yes, it’s up and down ladders at work, eight hours a day.”

“I do gymnastics and dance.”

Comments

maxcrabb 4 years, 10 months ago

I start off early in the morning by reading the comments on ljworld.com. After finding a ludicrous comment (not very hard) I spend about 10 minutes planning a response, start typing, sigh, press CTRL+A, sigh, press delete.

Repeat as often as necessary.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 10 months ago

shoot. Wish I'd seen this earlier. Sometimes these are just tame. Today..better than usual! Don't forget to read the captions under them too, that's part of the fun. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/picturegalleries/5399545/Sign-language-week-51.html

autie 4 years, 10 months ago

Beating ones head against a keyboard is a symptom of swine flu, ya know. It all started with the trade routes to Herrington, Kansas and somehow ends up in a run down part of Rio de Janeiro causing high rates of prostitution and poverty. CDC scientist have determined that polar bears are highly at risk. Plus, be aware that these statements are subject to change at any time.

from the citation:

Pywacket 4 years, 10 months ago

Does dog wrangling count? We're talking about 265 lb of dogs, total...

RoeDapple 4 years, 10 months ago

I regularly beat my head against my keyboard when reading ML's posts........

;-)

sassypants 4 years, 10 months ago

I also have a regular routine, but having trouble keeping up with that routine. Passionatelibra I sent you a message. Hang in there.

gogoplata 4 years, 10 months ago

I drive trucks break arms and arm wrestle.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 10 months ago

I spend an hour a day knapping flint arrowheads to prepare for the impending zombie riots.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 10 months ago

Just wait O_Me it gets better. I know a young woman, who at the age of two was being baby sat by her preschool teachers after school until the Mom could pick her up. Very nice teachers, young ladies. The Mom called. The teachers said, Come join us, we're at such and such. (I can't remember the name, it's gone now, south on Iowa) A small bar with a pool table. Needless to say, the Mom was alarmed, as she herself did not even go to 'bars'. Drink at a restaurant with a meal, yes..but a bar with a child? Never. She went, and as they had said, being a week night there would be almost no one there, and it was clean, calm, kid was having a great time, and she took the child home. What does the child do now? Dropped out of college, bartender moved up to /bistro mgmt. Drinks far too much. Coming from a home with almost no drinking at all at home, parents were not party people. Her friends, and at KU, now that was all a drunk fest. So..chicken, egg, chicken..can't tell here.

Original_Me 4 years, 10 months ago

autie, multi, cabella: I went nuts in a riot laughing!!! You guys cracked me up!

I walk, free-weight, take stairs instead of elevators or escalators, and practice proper breathing techniques for a minimum of a minute daily. I know a minute might not seem enough or a lot (it isn't), but it is a minute more than not doing it at all. Only on busy days I do the minute, but it's usually between 5-15 minutes. Awesome feeling when you're done! :)

passionatelibra 4 years, 10 months ago

I did have a routine but I've grown very bored with it. I am trying to change things up now.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 10 months ago

I do 6 min QWERTYs off and on during the day. The rest of the time I lift weights and stretch. I bend to scoop the litter box daily and feed the cat. I used to do more, but I bought slip-ons. My routine has expanded since I no longer use botox,alas (why don't they put that on the $4 plan?). Why has is expanded? I'm extra sensitive to light, so my forehead and eyes react strongly..so when they put Brow Furrowing in the Olympics..I'm good to go.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 10 months ago

I don't have a routine, but then I don't have a plan. However, if I manage to get one of those monster weapons Roe brags about I will have to increase my arm strength a bit. I never did get the bit about "squeezing the trigger between heartbeats. I mean, how do you know when they is? Anyone remember westerns where our young hero had to teach a girl how to shoot to fend off the marauding Indians (they used that word back then) and he would wrap his arms around her and say tenderly, "now you squeeze, you do not pull, you squeeze the trigger nice and slow and calm." Oh, man.

prospector 4 years, 10 months ago

My casting arm does and I am ready to thumb wrestle with the other hand after regularly grabbing the lip of a squirming fish.

Routines are not in any of me my plans.

sgtwolverine 4 years, 10 months ago

Yes. I very routinely do not work out.

cabella 4 years, 10 months ago

I walk my preschooler daughter to the bar everyday. She walks me back home.

sally87 4 years, 10 months ago

Irregular tennis and gym participation. I do however walk or jog daily.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 10 months ago

A bit irregular.

Thought about joining that Activia club..

autie 4 years, 10 months ago

what a question to ask in a bar.

zettapixel 4 years, 10 months ago

Racquetball at least 3 times a week... weights 3 times a week.

M. Lindeman 4 years, 10 months ago

Is walking to the frig for another adult beverage count as working out?

Donnuts 4 years, 10 months ago

I promised myself when I graduated high school that I would at least bike about everyday I could, then I started walking a lot as well. Lawrence being small I could walk across it with no problem.

I now try to do yoga as often as possible which is an hour a day and swim as far as I can a day as well as run and cycle. All at least once a week depending on weather.