Previous   Next

Would you consider sharing your home to help cut expenses?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 27, 2009

Browse the archives

“No I wouldn’t, because I work hard for my home and I want to take care of it myself.”

“No, I don’t think so, because I’ve lived a long time to have my own home. I raised my children by myself, so it’s my turn.”

“I already have two roommates, so yes.”

“Sure, sometimes you got to do what you got to do.”

Comments

Jersey_Girl 4 years, 10 months ago

snap - are they ring-tailed lemurs?

bobberboy 4 years, 10 months ago

No, it's already proven if you want your neighborhood and property values to go down hill - then just open it up to multiple family dwellings. So absolutely NOT.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 10 months ago

Chicago has two teams. Our President Obama is a White Sox fan. It is illegal to "bare" children. So, beware! My cat Deion is my roomie, he has good opinions, good table manners, and he is always there for me.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 10 months ago

(should have seen that coming, hehe)

Hey, where's inmate?

H_Lecter 4 years, 10 months ago

A delicious idea, but it takes some planning. I added extra soundproofing to the basement and an extra meat locker.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 10 months ago

Lab, How big is your list?
The spousal unit only lets me have one on the list.

prospector 4 years, 10 months ago

Schula, nothing against them, "Just the facts, Mam". How long has it been? I have been to Wrigley for a game and it was a real treat, Harry Caray and all. You did note that Joshua was from Chicago?

sinverguenza 4 years, 10 months ago

I'd share my home. And I say that only after noticing that waka isn't around for this thread.

Just kidding, waka. I'd at least feed you.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 10 months ago

Schula - I don't believe Prospector believes in fantasy.

couranna1 4 years, 10 months ago

stupid on the street when people's rights were just ripped away in CA It has always just been beyond my comprehension why this is even an issue. All people are equal and free regardless of what any law or religion has to say about it It is the genus in the equation of man. Anyone who is opposed to gay marriage is denying people a right (inborn and innate) to be happy and live a life they choose There is no need for elections or laws to do what is natural. If we as a society allow the people to legislate this and make this decision for us we are doomed to be dictated to over and over again on any issue they decide. This has to be stopped not just in California but the entire country. Obama where are you? To the CA supreme court "You disgust me as you are anti person

schula 4 years, 10 months ago

Prospector -- what do you have against the Cubs going to the World Series?

ArumerZwarteHoop 4 years, 10 months ago

They must agree to marry me, join FLDS, and bare many of my children.

Practicality 4 years, 10 months ago

LOL,

I think it is more likely he got goosed then, if those are the two options.

prospector 4 years, 10 months ago

Prac, Joshua looks like he was just told the Cubs are going to the World Series or someone goosed him.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 10 months ago

I only had a real room mate once. She ended up borrowing money, then not paying her part of the bills, moved put owing me money. But when we did get along, it was good fun, very pleasant. She was just having a bad time in her life, and I ended up getting the bad end of it during the wrong time for me to get ripped off. I lived with a boyfriend for a couple of months before we got married. had a few caregivers that worked so many hours that is was almost like living together or being married, lol.

At this point..so many people have destroyed my trust of humans...(and LJW online isn't helping that any, lol)...so I'd have to know someone well. I couldn't just place an ad.

Practicality 4 years, 10 months ago

Is it just me, or does Joshua look like the person taking the picture of him is naked or just flashed him.

To answer the question, no, no, no, NO. Especially if it is Joshua.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 10 months ago

consumer1 (Anonymous) says…

If they paid in advance, stayed out of the kitchen, and left me alone (except to give me money). -- so you're saying you're the friendly type then?

prospector 4 years, 10 months ago

I could handle it if they did NOT like Free State beer. It would be touch my growlers, lose a hand, or I might go all momma bear on you.

Music_Girl 4 years, 10 months ago

As a single person I can see having roommates but as a married person...heck no! Marriages are tough enough without adding unnecessary drama.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 10 months ago

I suspect that the girl with roommates is renting. Not to save money, no. I would do without something, but then I rent an apartment where I am not allowed to have a live in guest. Several years ago I "shared" a place because of money problems and to this day, I do not like those people. I am now very happy to live by myself.

consumer1 4 years, 10 months ago

mom_of_three 4 years, 10 months ago

My house is just big enough for us and three teenagers.

bronze 4 years, 10 months ago

sure i have had temporary roommates - like a friend that just completed a divorce and stayed about 4 months in the guestroom.

labmonkey 4 years, 10 months ago

I will extend an open invitation to Summer Glau and Mila Jovovich. My wife cannot complain since they are on my "list."

ArumerZwarteHoop 4 years, 10 months ago

With a young Swedish foreign exchange student, just have to get the wife on board.

autie 4 years, 10 months ago

Oh, but houses are like gallows, there is always room for one more.

Mary Darst 4 years, 10 months ago

We built our house small enough that we don't have room. There was a point to that.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 10 months ago

It'd have to be somebody that is fond of lemurs.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 10 months ago

"I don't think Hef shares his home, that's why there is a show called the Girls Next Door. They get their own house."

I'm going to shoot myself for knowing this, but the wife watched the show. It is called The Girls Next Door because when Hef started the magazine he wanted nekkid ladies in it that looked like "the girl next door."

autie 4 years, 10 months ago

Does Heidi Klumm need a place to stay?

lily 4 years, 10 months ago

zettapixel 4 years, 10 months ago

I'd share my home with an 18-year old Swedish international student just starting at KU in order to cut expenses!

Ernest Barteldes 4 years, 10 months ago

I would if I were single. The idea of being married and having roomates is not exactly appealing

Donnuts 4 years, 10 months ago

When the going gets tough...

Chris Ogle 4 years, 10 months ago

Boy howdy, would that ever be a disaster.... at my age, I can't even get along with myself.

RoeDapple 4 years, 10 months ago

Seems to work for Hugh Hefner.......

Hang on a second, I'll ask Mrs. Roe........