Previous   Next

Would you drink wine from a can?

Asked at The Community Mercantile Co-op, 901 Iowa on May 26, 2009

Browse the archives

“No. The aesthetic is all wrong.”

“I’m suspicious, but I would try it.”

“Under certain circumstances, I imagine I probably would.”

“No. I’m more of a traditional man. I like it out of the bottle.”

Comments

Chris Ogle 5 years, 7 months ago

“Under certain circumstances, I imagine I probably would.”

Now that is an honest answer!!!

grammaddy 5 years, 7 months ago

No, I prefer mine out of a box-chili bean red.

Mary Darst 5 years, 7 months ago

What a funny question. Makes me think of a friend that refuses to drink Crown out of a styrafoam cup. It just makes me laugh. Bet ya in the right circumstance you would drink it out of an old shoe. Autie, can ya guess who that is. A real BIG boy.

Gregory Moore 5 years, 7 months ago

A lot of things about wine have changed, like when to drink it, with what to drink it with, and what it comes in. Sure!

jonas_opines 5 years, 7 months ago

Depends how far along in the night it is, I suppose. I could try to pull the Elitist thing, but, uh, I'd be lying. At a certain point, I'll drink pretty much anything.

dajudge 5 years, 7 months ago

Depends. what kind of wine? the question is too vague.

Fred Vance 5 years, 7 months ago

Depends on what vintage week the wine is....

unelectable 5 years, 7 months ago

It's like drinking cheap beer later in the process. You don't know the difference so what's the difference.

greenlid79 5 years, 7 months ago

Ahhh

'This delightful wine conjures up notes of blackberry, plum, and vanilla with slight hints of oak and aluminum.'

zettapixel 5 years, 7 months ago

Reminds me of the question my 5 year old asked me at Hastings the other day...

5 Year Old: (Pointing to a beer bong in the music section) "Daddy... what's that?"

Me: "You're too young to know that yet. Ask me again when you're older."

5 Year Old: "Daddy! WHAT IS THAT?!"

Me: "It's an instrument. Like a trumpet."

5 Year Old: "But you said I was too young to know that. How come I'm too young to know it's an instrument?"

Me: (Smacking My Head) "Ugh... You ask too many questions son... too many questions!"

Music_Girl 5 years, 7 months ago

I might try it but I doubt it'd be the same as a good ol bottle.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 7 months ago

I don't drink wine out of its current containers; I don't see why I would start drinking it from a can.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 7 months ago

RETICENT_IRREVERENT (Anonymous) says…

Shotgunning merlot…

Bottoms up !!

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 7 months ago

I think wine tastes bad. I have never hear of a beer bong, but the next time I am at Hastings I will look for it.

sherbert 5 years, 7 months ago

Isn't wine supposed to 'breathe'? Seems like it would pick up the metal taste, too.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 7 months ago

Don Nuts! the seussism went through my mind too when I saw the cquestion

I don't drink wine...

but: I would drink it from a can, sam I am, I would drink it on a bus, I would drink it when I cuss, I would drink it with a goat, I would drink it wearing a coat, wine in a can, Don Nuts is the man!

a topeka bus driver worries about the aesthetic of wine? what is this world coming to? and she was shopping at the Merc!

naw, bet she didn't grow up in Topeka...and bus driving is just to put her through acting school.

Boston_Corbett 5 years, 7 months ago

Boston_Corbett 5 years, 7 months ago

beatrice 5 years, 7 months ago

No, I wouldn't drink wine from a can. I'm an adult. I also don't drink wine from the bottle. I pour it into a wine glass before drinking. Call me old fashioned that way.

Life is too short to drink cheap alcohol.

hawklet21 5 years, 7 months ago

I'm not sure if I would like it, but I would probably give it a try at least once (especially if it were free!)

dajudge 5 years, 7 months ago

Natty Lights for 54 cents a can is not cheap alcohol. Would the wine cost more? 'cause I can't spend more than that.

Jaminrawk 5 years, 7 months ago

I think it was Jim Gaffigan said that you feel like a desperate alcoholic when you drink wine from anything other than a glass. When you are using the Yatzee cup, you know you have a problem.

jumpin_catfish 5 years, 7 months ago

So Clayton doesn't even use a glass, just slugs it back from the bottle. He must be one of those evil republicans.

PapaB 5 years, 7 months ago

Wow, this place is crawling with drunkards! I'm kidding, but want to point out that they prevent that metal taste by spraying a barrier onto the inside of the can. Once a can hits the expiration date on it, it means that barrier has deteriorated and you get the metallic taste. I don't think you'll ever see someone handing another a can of wine while they ask what year it is.

beatrice 5 years, 6 months ago

PapaB, the place is crawling with drunkards because the people of Lawrence are responsible and know better than to drink and drive. Safer to just crawl home.

TOB, before I can answer your question “would you eat lemur stew out of a Kangaroo pouch instead of a bowl?”, I would need to know two things -- is the pouch attached, and is the kangaroo still alive?

Bunker_Hill_Resident 5 years, 6 months ago

Out of a can.....NO WAY.....I can't even bring myself to drink wine with a screw top. It must be bottled and corked for me.

Sorry Marion...but there is a little more to good wine than just spoiled grapes.