Previous   Next

What was your favorite toy growing up?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 4000 W. Sixth St. on May 24, 2009

Browse the archives

“A Prince Albert tobacco can.”

“Ninja Turtles. I watched the cartoon.”

“Howdy Doody because he was on TV.”

“The ‘She-Ra, He-Man’ collection. … I guess as a 6-year-old, I really liked strong female characters.”

Comments

Deja Coffin 5 years, 7 months ago

My stuffed dog Wrinkles and then this like stuffed bear or something that when you pushed in it's tummy the nose would spin. What were they called? There were a bunch of them and each nose did something different. Poppels? I have no clue.

cutny 5 years, 7 months ago

Brings back memories of the classic OTS answer some ten years back: "An Easy Bake Oven, my sister and I used it to dry out our pot."

Remember that one?

George_Braziller 5 years, 7 months ago

Two sets of wooden building blocks. One set I got in 1966 when I was five, the other one was my grandfather's who was born in 1910.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 7 months ago

I haven't grown up yet... but I still like girls (that clean fish)

classclown 5 years, 7 months ago

What's your favorite toy now that you are grown up? Þ

Let's see how many comments get deleted.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 7 months ago

My Annie Oakley outfit with fringed, divided skirt, vest, hat, boots and gun belt with 45. It also came with a rifle that you broke open and loaded with caps. I equally loved my pirate tree house with spyglass and sword. I was a major tomboy.

RoeDapple 5 years, 7 months ago

My pet dinosaur, until it got too big for our cave.....

bearded_gnome 5 years, 7 months ago

hey, this ots question has been asked before!

we're caught in the dreaded OTS-time warp!

I wonder if they're testing to see if our answers change... mine hasn't:

hot wheels! yeah, had the curves and banks, ran all over the bedroom i shared with little bro. cars started up high above my top bunk bed, raced around including across the bedroom door, and around and around, ending on little brother's bottom bunk bed. was cool. I think I had at least a couple dozen of 'em.

last night on the ots I posted that there was a police call: two people for public lewdness/display were having sex in a car by the Salvation Army.

no sign of Waka1 on here!

dude, is Waka1 in jail? does he need our help?

Dude, I hope Waka1 had fun before they caught him in the continuing episodes of: the --homeless sex-- saga!

Christine Anderson 5 years, 6 months ago

Little Lost Baby, Mrs. Beasley, Bo-Peep, a brown teddy bear that played rock-a-bye baby, Wacky Apple, and a Cinderella doll whose used to talk until I left her in the neighbor's tree during a rainstorm in River Falls, Wi.

RoeDapple 5 years, 6 months ago

Mrs Roe said her doctor kit got so much use the cotton swabs had all turned black........... Glad she decided to teach...........

I think..........