Previous   Next

Do you have a preference on where to have the Fourth of July fireworks show?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 21, 2009

Browse the archives

“At Clinton Lake because it’s more open down there. I think it has better scenery.”

“I think it would be great if it was downtown because it is closer to where I live.”

“Downtown, because it brings business to our businesses.”

“It should be held at the lake so the fireworks reflect off the lake.”

Comments

Christine Anderson 4 years, 11 months ago

The privacy of my own bedroom. (hee,hee)

Donnuts 4 years, 11 months ago

On the north side of the river because of ease of people from town seeing it. It is not big enough to do it at Clinton and people will have to find places to park if they do that anyway which is not an easy problem to solve. Is this hinging on a debate to move them to someplace else?

prospector 4 years, 11 months ago

Ban 'em. I blow up stuff all day, I need a break.

Since the parking and show last year were planned to resemble a Chinese fire drill, mission accomplished! If the lake plan was in store for us this year, the riots would be commencing. A downtown show will keep the riff-raff from west Lawrence away.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 11 months ago

Is it summer already?

At least the Brits didn't cue the clip with Lee Greenwood's "...and I'm proud to be and American..."

autie 4 years, 11 months ago

Talking about fireworks? With the Memorial Day weekend upon us, the first three day weekend of the season, here is something for xbusguy, TOB and Prospector. I helps to get one in the mood.

a little Taj in the morning always helps.

spacehog 4 years, 11 months ago

In my living room, right between the stripper poles.

autie 4 years, 11 months ago

The fourth of July celebrations in my neighborhood tend to be traditionalist in nature. Hamburgers, hot dogs, ribs..and all that goes with that. Anywhere from 30 to 50 people, lots of kids. Occasional incoming fire. Then when the city display is on, we set all the chairs in the street towards the park and enjoy. They play the accompanying music on the local radio station that is supposed to be insync with the display. It is usually pretty decent.

Ceallach 4 years, 11 months ago

Will you guys also have a food-a-thon available to your yard guests?

autie 4 years, 11 months ago

I'm with Roed, my front yard would be a cool place.