Previous   Next

Do you have any summer travel plans?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 3504 W. Clinton Parkway on May 20, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes. We’ll probably go to Puerto Vallarta.”

“Yes, we’re going to Oklahoma for a pow-wow on the Fourth of July weekend.”

“Yes I do. I am going to New Orleans to visit family and to enjoy the sunshine down there.”

“I’m going to L.A. to drop off my friend at the Los Angeles airport so she can go to Taiwan for a month of school.”

Comments

shadowbox66044 5 years, 5 months ago

Yes...The Sahara. I hear it's lovely this time of year.

shadowbox66044 5 years, 5 months ago

And oh yes, Saudi Arabia. Can't beat the sun around those parts too! Oil, Solar...Saudi Arabia has got it going on!

shadowbox66044 5 years, 5 months ago

Eudora....busted the real truth out of me!

Chris Ogle 5 years, 5 months ago

Going to the grocery store here before long..... might make a day trip out of it, and go to the West side of town.

preebo 5 years, 5 months ago

Well...actually, we are leaving Friday. We're heading to So Cal for a week.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

Going to the Bonny & Clyde Festival in Gibsland, LA this weekend.

RoeDapple 5 years, 5 months ago

No, but Mrs Roe does so I guess I'm included.........

Ronda Miller 5 years, 5 months ago

I am going to Cuba with Richard Gwin...still waiting for an invitation....I have that thing for Castro and wanting to wash his feet as he is dying...hope my timing is right.......

Seriously...hoping to go to Belize....hoping is a long ways from getting there though.

Music_Girl 5 years, 5 months ago

Going to Montana for a week for a wedding and sight seeing...it's going to be a blast!

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 5 months ago

coolmom 5 years, 5 months ago

that would be exploring missouri lol, worlds of fun is in missouri to isnt it? then you can tell everyone you explored another state over your summer vacation. i think i will stay in a mostly few mile radius as i am financing a 16 yo on a trip to disney in southern cal and another 2 week trip in july to england and berlin. i will live vicariously.

Ronda Miller 5 years, 5 months ago

prospector, that would be a terrific place to shoot a "thriller" movie! :)

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

If you are in the vicinity of St. Jo, stop in & see the Glore Pyschiatric Museum. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2142 I see they've moved it into a new building. That cuts down on the creepyness factor.

grammaddy 5 years, 5 months ago

I'm going to Andover,New York to see a sister I haven't seen in almost 30 years. My 2 nieces are grown now and I've never even met the youngest one. She just had a baby and the older one has a 9 year old daughter I've never seen . It ought to be one helluva a family reunion. Can't wait!! I'm taking the train there in order to lessen the carbon footprint.

jonas_opines 5 years, 5 months ago

New York at some point to see Ubermime and the family. Haven't ever made it to the NE, other than Washington DC.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

Oops, I didn't click prospector's link & wound up posting the same site again. Great minds do work alike. TOB, is the World's Largest Handdug Well open for business again?

heyheymama 5 years, 5 months ago

Planning some secret rendez-vousss

Chrissy Neibarger 5 years, 5 months ago

I am planning on traveling back and forth between home and work all summer. Summer vacation is being used up for a surgery and recovery time this year.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 5 months ago

Is the Glore museum open at night? When there's a full moon and a strong breeze that will soon bring a thunderstorm?

BrianR 5 years, 5 months ago

Technically, mowing the lawn is travel, right?

RoeDapple 5 years, 5 months ago

Irish (Irish Swearingen) says… "We are going to check out places in Kansas. There are a lot of great places you can see on day trips. Worlds of Fun! Kansas City Mo zoo. Hannibal, Mo."

Irish, since I have found out you do have a sense of humor I would like to point out that none of the places you mentioned can be checked out in Kansas.

;-)

Ceallach 5 years, 5 months ago

Hoping for another Rocky Mountain high in July, then Baltimore in September for my niece's wedding.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 5 months ago

congratulations Ceal!

last fall, north lawrence had ... the giant mushroom!

we're hoping for another one this time, what a great tourist destination, and this time they could put mushroom maps at the Visitors' Center. people could do poetic readings about the giant mushroom.

well, I'm going to the dentist, does that count?

jaywalker 5 years, 5 months ago

Just got back from Charleston (great town!) and headin' back home to good ol' KC tomorrow! Then it's Amelia Island in two weeks. Life is good.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 5 months ago

autie, yeah, and he'll get rusty in that cool moist air, listening to Coltrane, reading a spiderman comic, while his skin gets a 'bronze' tan. swedish meatball.

trouble is, he might get TOSsed off the beach, or get scared by a jaguar.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 5 months ago

Roe, LOL, ROFL, I don't know, that's all I can say. I reread what I wrote and it has to be the silliest ever. But, really, I was living in the future when Kansas annexes Missouri. Oh= my -God!!!!! Oh, well, I needed a laugh and I got one.

alm77 5 years, 5 months ago

Road-trip to see family and friends in Florida!! Stopping in Chattanooga, TN to break up the trip and SEE ROCK CITY! and Ruby Falls on Lookout Mountain! We're all very excited and I'm still typing up the itinerary (which everyone complains about at first, (why do we need a schedule on our vacation??) but then they're glad to have some direction once we get going). Beaches, tours, alligators and awesome food are in our near future.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

Lemur-Palooza is in Mehoopany, PA in July. I'll be taking my traveling squad of ring-tailed performance artists.

hujiko 5 years, 5 months ago

Capulin Volcano in New Mexico at the end of this month

grammaddy 5 years, 5 months ago

Is anyone venturing to this year's Wakarusa Festival. I heard it had been moved to some mountain in Arkansas or something.