Previous   Next

Do you have a system for cleaning your house?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 3504 W. Clinton Parkway on May 18, 2009

Browse the archives

“Doing it as fast as I possibly can.”

“Yeah, I just let my roommate do it.”

“We split up the chores between my four roommates.”

“I do the dirtiest stuff first.”

Comments

jonas_opines 5 years, 7 months ago

I do the drunken shuffle to music. Put on some hard rock, get somewhat intoxicated, and lurch from place to place as fast as you can chucking stuff into different rooms. Items will be organized slightly later.

ohjayhawk 5 years, 7 months ago

Houses are supposed to be cleaned? Hmpf, imagine that. I guess you learn something new every day.

Fred Vance 5 years, 7 months ago

This May??? Must be time to clean again.

passionatelibra 5 years, 7 months ago

I clean a little bit every day. BY doing that, it only takes me an hour or two on Saturday to get some deep cleaning done.

I used to be pretty fanatical about having a clean house, now not so much. Cluttered or lived in is fine to a point but if it's flat out messy I can't relax until it's clean.

Cynthia Walker 5 years, 7 months ago

I invite my parents over for a visit and then clean like crazy during the hour before they arrive.

georgeofwesternkansas 5 years, 7 months ago

My cleaning lady has a perfect system, I just leave a check....

bearded_gnome 5 years, 7 months ago

gootsie, "ditto george" is that a cleaning lady, or a cleaning gentleman in your case?

heard of a business, might have been in britain, where men were hired to come and do housework ... in the nude.

dunno if said service is still going.

my system: dynamite.

passionatelibra 5 years, 7 months ago

bearded_gnome (Anonymous) says…

dunno if said service is still going.

passionatelibra replies...

If you hear of that business here in town let me know. I will scrounge pennies until I can use it at least once!

Ha!

salad 5 years, 7 months ago

I think Cody represents alot of what's wrong with this country: "I can make as much mess as I want, someone else will clean it up."

bearded_gnome 5 years, 7 months ago

Passionate libra, for some reason I can't get my computer to pull in the link...thing needs some wd40 or somethin'!

go to google and type naked housekeeping without quotes, you'll find, brisbane(australia), london, and craigslist/NY among others.

this is a popular service worldwide it seems. also some women will do it too.

me, I don't get the attraction to watch a naked woman doing housework.

and I'm not allowed to make the bed because no matter how hard I might try, I can't get it right.

now ... Autie isn't it better that way!

passionatelibra 5 years, 7 months ago

gnome,

I think the attraction for me is seeing a man do housework. The naked I could do with or without. Now if he was shirtless with his bottom half covered, oh yeah baby. Now that would be the icing on the cake.

Thanks for the info! If I ever have money I can spend on something totally frivolous, I just may do that :oP~

passionatelibra 5 years, 7 months ago

Autie - I find that hard to believe!

But, I did grow up around Alaskan Roughnecks and am a bird of a different breed LOL

classclown 5 years, 7 months ago

Dow Scrubbing Bubbles. They do the work so you don't have to.

I spray the house with it and go out for a beer.

passionatelibra 5 years, 7 months ago

classclown - Be careful with that. I heard they make things disappear...

Deja Coffin 5 years, 7 months ago

My husband and I have completely different systems for cleaning the house. He just wants the house to appear clean while I'm a deep cleaning maniac. He can "clean" the house in 30 minutes while I sweep, mop, wipe down, etc. every single room which takes at least 3 hours....I straighten throughout the week and leave one day for a nice deep cleaning.

make_a_difference 5 years, 7 months ago

When I became a stay-at-home mother, I discovered that being at home didn't make me like housecleaning any better. But I do like the end result. So when I clean that is what I focus on. But I've never hesitated doing/spending time with my kids because in reality the household chores will still be there waiting. The day comes when the kids aren't. A friend told me years ago that she liked being at my house...in her words "It's clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy". That remark stayed with me & continues to remind me of what is important. But when I am cleaning...put on music that ones legs just have to move to, turn it up & begin.