Previous   Next

What’s your favorite kind of barbeque?

Asked at Checkers Foods, 2300 La. on May 9, 2009

Browse the archives

“Ribs from Gran-Daddy’s Barbeque.”

KC Masterpiece ribs and chicken.”

“I like it spicy. Biggs is probably my favorite.”

“I really like brisket and it’s all about the sauce.”

Comments

bombshell 4 years, 11 months ago

Gates.

hands down. every time.

Original_Me 4 years, 11 months ago

Alaskan king salmon with sweet teriyaki sauce or super garlic-ed up bbq sauce ~ sinful!

eastside46 4 years, 11 months ago

Guy & Mae's is the best in Williamsburg.

mom_of_three 4 years, 11 months ago

I like Gran-daddys in town or vermont street.
But there is nothing like the ribs I had in Memphis. I highly recommend Pig on Beale. Can't wait to go back and try other places to compare.

couranna1 4 years, 11 months ago

BB's lawnside BBQ in KC Lawrence does not have one good BBQ place

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 11 months ago

Autie -

Because we were all outside smoking meat today.

autie 4 years, 11 months ago

what happened here? this thread should have 200 post at least. I just thought of how my cousin cooks pork. He puts inside a couch and sets it on fire. Or maybe that was my ex wifes brother. and it was a whole pig.

Phil Minkin 4 years, 11 months ago

Rosedale for ribs(and fries) Gates for chicken Bryants for beef or pork Vermont street for the turkey leg-a real bargin

ms_canada 4 years, 11 months ago

I am rather partial to Tony Roma's Original Ribs. Yummy!

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 11 months ago

Prospector is on a roll today..harp seal..Stucky..what better name could be found for that naked man story. Did you check out the New Orleans Cat House Stair railing? I wonder if he made that himself.

Imagine Hoffman or Clooney as the CJ editor but who would play the snarky reporter and photographer who set up that shot of him holding the gun posed like that in front of those various 'colorful architectural elements' in those clothes, with a view to his profession and all.

autie 4 years, 11 months ago

I find the best bbq on my deck. Baby backs with some Gates sauce.

prospector 4 years, 11 months ago

Here is the Yeah for handguns story of the day.

Best part:

"As Stucky described it: “Then he started screaming like a little scared girl, 'Please don’t shoot me, please don’t shoot.’ ”

prospector 4 years, 11 months ago

Harp Seal burnt ends.

I had a bottle of Bryant's sauce in the fridge when I heard he died. I used it one more time, put the bottle on the shelf, and it is still there. His family messed things up, but still do okay on Brooklyn St.

spacehog 4 years, 11 months ago

Arthur Bryant. Or Spangles. And Bob Dylan, of course

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 11 months ago

KC Masterpiece is the worst BBQ in the world. The sauce they sell in the market is acceptable, but (and I think they are down to one) that restaurant is horrid.

Lots of great BBQ joints around KC (lawrence, not so much), but KC style BBQ is the way to go. Memphis, Carolina, Texas... all have their merits. I can't argue with smoked flesh, unless it is from KC Masterpiece.

Marc Mondi 4 years, 11 months ago

Oklahoma Joe's, all the way. Carolina-style pulled pork sammich!

onrywmn 4 years, 11 months ago

I like Zarda BBQ. My hubby, daughter and her boyfriend are taking me there tomorrow for Mother's Day. YUM!

Donnuts 4 years, 11 months ago

Chicken thighs with a lemon section or raspberry preserves under the skin with some honey to make the skin crisp. Don't add too much preserve. Flavored charcoal is good.

Grilling franks are good too...