Previous   Next

Are you going to watch the Kentucky Derby?

Asked at the 23rd Street Brewery, 3512 Clinton Pkwy on May 2, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes. They’re beautiful horses, we love looking at them. They’re very graceful, kind of brings a tear to the eye.”

“Yes, I will watch it as a job-related activity.”

“Yes, if I remember to turn it on at post time.”

“No, they don’t play golf there.”

Comments

couranna1 4 years, 11 months ago

Craig Lunte is a moron Of course the Kentucky Derbt is way cool

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 11 months ago

R_I, Trying to find pic of my best friend who used to ride show dressage, etc, (hot little blonde) all dressed up from behind with her whip. You guys would howl. She had her hair pulled back in that tight little bun and those black boots.

Everyone dressing for the Derby? Here is a site for all your Derby info http://www.ehow.com/how_2121461_dress-kentucky-derby.html

riverdrifter 4 years, 11 months ago

We are there! It's cloudy & chilly here with a chance for rain. The favorite, I Want Revenge, just scratched according to track chat. I'll bet on Firesan Fire to win and put another stack on the parimutuel field.

sgtwolverine 4 years, 11 months ago

No. I'm still mad at NBC for cutting out of a sporting event that wasn't done -- I think it was a hockey game -- to start its ridiculously long pre-race coverage consisting mostly of celebrity interviews.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 11 months ago

No, but I had a girlfriend that used to wear jodhpurs...

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 11 months ago

Seabiscuit or Hidalgo? Black Beauty? Black Stallion? What's your pony show?

Did Red Pollard ever find his parents? This bugs the heck out of me.

madmike 4 years, 11 months ago

I never thought that I would live to see the day that I agree with Irish and dissagree with Marion!

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 11 months ago

These horses are athletes just as much as their human counterparts You can tell when you are watching a great one that is totally in the moment. When a jockey and his horse are in sync, and acting as one, it is a glorious thing to behold.

autie 4 years, 11 months ago

It will give me something to do between batches of fish..Somebody thought I should fry some up today.

prospector 4 years, 11 months ago

I got my best hat on, the julep glasses are out, been practicing my singing of "My Old Kentucky Home", and...what?, an hour ago, I thought it was central time!! Crap, just hand me the bottle of Bourbon.

Marion Lynn 4 years, 11 months ago

Horse racing is a brutal and abusive "sport", responsible for the deaths of thousand of horses.

I will not participate in any way.

Chris Ogle 4 years, 11 months ago

I would rather watch Phyliss.....

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 11 months ago

Hey, something to bash besides Walmart and torture. And with recent mass horse deaths to fuel the rage. (sigh)

Donnuts 4 years, 11 months ago

Ahh... the smell of horses in the springtime.