Previous   Next

What is your favorite TV game show?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on May 1, 2009

Browse the archives

“‘Cash Cab’ … you get picked up in a cab, and they ask you trivia questions, for money, in New York.”

“‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire’ because I want to be a millionaire.”

“‘The Price Is Right.’ I just enjoyed it a lot when I was a kid. I liked the big wheel you spin for the Showcase Showdown.”

“‘To Tell the Truth’ because of the deception and trying to figure out who is the real person.”

Comments

Chris Ogle 4 years, 11 months ago

. If fact, days will go buy without me turning it on.

Same here..... when the TV is broken.

Machiavelli_mania 4 years, 11 months ago

I don't watch TV that much. If fact, days will go buy without me turning it on.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 11 months ago

Password. You had to be grown up enough to sense true grown up back stage life and interactions. A lot like What's my Line was. You had to know what was going on in Hollywood or New York to get their comments. Match Game, even a 10 yr old could get most of that, lol.

buffalo_bob 4 years, 11 months ago

I would bang kadie...in the a$$..... LOL I love red states....

Chris Ogle 4 years, 11 months ago

"If I could figure out bait storage and smokes…" ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Don't forget those modified tackle boxes

coldplay 4 years, 11 months ago

kadie would like to make 30K let alone $1 million being a personal assistant in Larryville.

Gootsie 4 years, 11 months ago

Absolutely - I love me some game shows!!

Shop Til You Drop Supermarket Sweet Press Your Luck Wheel of Fortune Price is Right Password Match Game (aka Drunkfest) Concentration Jeopardy Family Feud Let's Make a Deal Who Wants to be a Millionaire What's My Line Gong Show Joker's Wild Tic Tac Dough (avoid the dragon!!!) Bumper Stumpers (one of my favs)

persevering_gal 4 years, 11 months ago

Oh, thank goodness! I am not the only one who watched Supermarket Sweep! Press Your Luck is also a classic!

Drew Alan 4 years, 11 months ago

"no whammies no whammies and.... STOP!"

hawklet21 4 years, 11 months ago

I'm going to go with Deja here... Supermarket Sweep was hilarious. Gotta love those brightly colored sweatshirt/polo combos.

autie 4 years, 11 months ago

thanks prospector. ceptin one thing..I don't have to go down to the river..it's coming to me. I just came back from the east and the Neosho is flat cranking. Should be an interesting weekend. Those poor folk down Oklahoma way..they send us wind and red dust, we return the favor with water.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 11 months ago

Match Game aka "Richard Dawson and the Wannabees"

It is kind of bothering to watch it now and see all those really really old people..and know that they were possibly younger then, than I am now. And that some of them are dead. 8- [

prospector 4 years, 11 months ago

Autie, somebody down there needs to run Gene Kelly out of town. This goes out to you.

Mississippi Fred McDowell - Goin Down to the River

Pywacket 4 years, 11 months ago

Eartha Kitt--amen to that. I remember seeing that when I was a little kid and thinking it was scandalously funny. So was Hollywood Squares--featuring Paul Lynde, Cliff Arquette (as "Charlie Weaver"), and many other celebs who appeared frequently. Morey Amsterdam, Rose Marie (both from the old Dick Van Dyke Show), Jonathan Winters, John Davidson, Florence Henderson... Both those shows pushed the limits for their time.

R-I~ Is What Do Ya Know on TV now? For radio shows, I prefer Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me.

Jeopardy is the only one I occasionally watch, but I would be willing to give Wheel of Fish a try.

I do not see the appeal of most game shows--some of them are so dumb as to be astounding (and not in a funny way).

sgtwolverine 4 years, 11 months ago

My favorite? Who Wants To Receive A Federal Bailout.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 11 months ago

That fish study cracked me up when it came out. Anyone who's ever seen one fish nip another and it took off across the aquarium knows it feels pain. A middle aged woman at Walmart was losing her innocence about fish yesterday. She wanted to get some kind of fish, I can't remember. Then she wanted to add in more. The sales girl said. These will eat you those. She picked another kind. Those will tear the tails.Those will eat your snails too. Etc. No, those will kill everything. I guess she didn't know fish just didn't learn the why can't we all just get along lesson. Would have been great on youtube.

Here's one for you guys. (6am, just popped into the head when I woke up I don't know why, blame it on xbus)

ifish. Floating waterproof closed cell foam insulated beer can holder ipod + cameraphone radio that stays upright if dropped. The ipod part is area between where your fingers and thumb wrap around the can so you don't have to put down your beer to look at photos or talk on the phone, take a pic or fish, listen to the game. And if you drop it in the lake when the fish strikes, it's waterproof and doesn't spill your beer. I'm gonna be rich. If I could figure out bait storage and smokes...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 11 months ago

Where do you people find all these different game shows? I must be listening to the wrong radio stations.

spacehog 4 years, 11 months ago

Naked Twister. Filmed at my house

Deja Coffin 4 years, 11 months ago

I always wanted to go through the obsticle course at the end of the show or Super Market Sweep..."Go for the gourmet cheese and the meat!!"

Flap Doodle 4 years, 11 months ago

The Price is Right, Bill Cullen version.

BABBOY 4 years, 11 months ago

Deal or No Deal.

Those models. Wow!

I heard they make some insane six figure salary for doing that which is even cooler. (Hot chicks with Money)

jaywalker 4 years, 11 months ago

Jeopardy. First, last, always.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 11 months ago

All I am saying is that If you fish, you support torture...

Chris Ogle 4 years, 11 months ago

Hey RI: Any pain a fish feels, is nothing compared to a worm being threaded on the hook... being a nice guy, I always give em a shot of beer just prior to the "big dip" mission.

EarthaKitt 4 years, 11 months ago

Nothing will ever match Match Game. It had nothing to do with the game, and contestants were merely foils for the panel members' jokes. They were completely sexist. They were SAUCED. They SMOKED! Loved it. Loved it! Gene Rayburn, Charles Nelson O'Reilly, Richard Dawson, Brett Somers, Fannie Flag....

And while I'm happy that we've evolved, it sure is less fun to watch today's sanitized programs.

And one more thing. Could somebody please explain to me the appeal of Deal of No Deal?

prospector 4 years, 11 months ago

R_I, am I suppose to share my morphine with the fish before I release them? OD them prior to going under the knife?

number3of5 4 years, 11 months ago

Wheel of Fortune is and always will be my favorite game show.

Mary Darst 4 years, 11 months ago

My fav was Deal or No Deal. The Game Show Net. has some really fun older ones. Who could forget the Match Game? The Newly Wed game. Those were the days....

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 11 months ago

Best game show ever... Pandemic! It comes on about once a year when the news cycle is slow.

And a happy Commie Day to you as well, Autie.

Chris Ogle 4 years, 11 months ago

Bowling for Dollars with Fred.... forgot about that one.

Mary Darst 4 years, 11 months ago

Happy May Day to whom it may concern!

Roads_Collar 4 years, 11 months ago

"The President Obama Prime Time Show"

prospector 4 years, 11 months ago

"The Sportsman's Friend" with Harold Ensley. The game he could find while cruising in his red Ford Country Squire station wagon was the best.

"Bowling for Dollars" with Fred Broski is second.

schula 4 years, 11 months ago

Jeopardy! I record it every day! I also like Cash Cab.

autie 4 years, 11 months ago

and before I have to go..Happy May Day shout out to comrade TOB. please, no military parades.

autie 4 years, 11 months ago

all time favorite: Jeopardy with the French host, Alex Trebek.

Currently enjoying Cash Cab..except we hate Ben when he says, "Redddd Light Challleeeengggeee"

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 11 months ago

I am waiting for a new game show to begin...

Who wants to confirm a Supreme Court Justice?

Flap Doodle 4 years, 11 months ago

Full Contract Xtreme What Would You Do for a Klondike Bar?

blue73harley 4 years, 11 months ago

I wish I was a millionaire because I could use a personal assistant.

Errrr...I meant to say, I hate game shows, too.