Previous   Next

Do you have any lucky charms or rituals?

Asked at Checkers Foods, 23rd and Louisiana streets on March 26, 2009

Browse the archives

“No … I just haven’t found one yet.”

“I have an angel hanging on my rearview mirror.”

“A sweatshirt for KU.”

“Lucky number 7.”

Comments

tonythetiger 6 years, 2 months ago

yeah, I put on my shoes before I go to work.

Chris Ogle 6 years, 2 months ago

Yep- Soon as I get up, I read the obituaries.... If I don't find my name, then I'm still in this thing.

After that.... go straight to the Horror-scopes hoping to find "Today, Kick back and relax"

Chris Ogle 6 years, 2 months ago

autie- count me in... however, my lucky socks kinda stink..... .

grammaddy 6 years, 2 months ago

autie- Us, too. We even repeat the menus we had for each game. Must have right chair, right t-shirt,same food and only the folks who were with us when we watched the game are allowed to stay.

trinity 6 years, 2 months ago

heh-i make sure i have my red undies ready for every game day. i.e. making sure they're washed! :)

hai i kneedz sum luckee charmz-i can has?

walter_sobchak 6 years, 2 months ago

"A real man makes his own luck - Billy Zane, Titanic."

Dwight Schrute

Linda Aikins 6 years, 2 months ago

Our hometowns are supposed to, TOB. I hope they do - they need the moisture. But I think the weatherdrama just continues.

Ritual? See post on gametime snacks.

Ceallach 6 years, 2 months ago

No need, I am a lucky charm. I go to the KC Irishfest each Labor Day weekend to refill my luck-o-meter.

HermioneElliott 6 years, 2 months ago

Using luck or charms is an heathenish practice. What some call luck is a convergence of events that lead to something good that was unexpected happening to someone.

Chris Ogle 6 years, 2 months ago

Herm and Bob---- wanna borrow my lucky socks for the game??

jonas_opines 6 years, 2 months ago

Yes, and those damned kids are always after them.

ms_canada 6 years, 2 months ago

snap - how about taking that lucky lemur to the Aeros game tomorrow nite and have him root for the Rockford Icehogs. They need some good luck. That is, if he wouldn't feel too much of a traitor.

Deja Coffin 6 years, 2 months ago

Notice waka said a cup of vodka and not a shot......oh waka!

My pots of gold don't bring me as much luck as they used to but there's still at least one person that can't keep their hands off them!

Linda Aikins 6 years, 2 months ago

I really wonder - what does Katie recommend you do when there is a lot of snow? Trash bags over your boots?

trinity 6 years, 2 months ago

lolololol gootsie...and i bet she has her own stash of non perishables, can openers, local maps, cash, bottled water, and spam!

RoeDapple 6 years, 2 months ago

Married her. 37 years and holding...........

schula 6 years, 2 months ago

I would love to be having chili tonight, but I am working at the Women's NIT basketball tournament game. I probably won't be out of there until 9:00. I am hoping one of my co-workers will go get something to eat with me.

jumpin_catfish 6 years, 2 months ago

My darling bride of many years and I recently had supper at a local Asian food restaurant and my wife's fortune cookie said "You can expect your luck to change". Well, it did because 5 minutes later as we drove out of the parking lot her car died at the light on 23rd Street and we had to have it towed to the shop (fuel pump $200.00). But it gets better, two days later I picked up afore mentioned darling bride of many years from her work to take her to get the now repaired car and you guessed it my car died at the light on 6th street (air flow meter $180.00). Don't tell me those fortune cookie don't work, it didn't say anything about good luck, it just said her luck would change. Damned if it didn't!

trinity 6 years, 2 months ago

we're all going to be needing good luck charms when this blizzamaggeddon hits.

schula 6 years, 2 months ago

Thanks for the suggestion, Multi. I think I will give it a try.

Tony Kisner 6 years, 2 months ago

Waka, I am sure you do have a cup. But I am not sure if it is working for you or against you.

To be crazy this weekend try switching to a cup of 3.2 beer and see how that goes.

RoeDapple 6 years, 2 months ago

catfish - "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all, Gloom, despair and agony on me"

Chris Ogle 6 years, 2 months ago

can Purdue win this thing tonight??? hope so.

viewfromahill 6 years, 2 months ago

Where is the ritual? And tell me where, where is the taste? Where is the sacrifice? And tell me where, where is the faith?

Where is the cave Where the wise woman went? And tell me where Where's all that money that I spent?

I propose a toast to my self-control You see it crawling helpless on the floor

Someday, there'll be a cure for pain That's the day I throw my BLOGs away When they find a cure for pain....

jonas_opines 6 years, 2 months ago

I need some help folks. I'm watching MU and Memphis, and I'm finding myself almost having to root for MU. I mean really, who do I root for? I can't really root for Memphis, and they can't Both lose. . . . sigh.

Also, that Microsoft commercial with the really cute redhead Laura, is that Kate Bosworth? I'm almost positive it is.

jonas_opines 6 years, 2 months ago

but man, that three. and besides, Calipari seems like the king of the one and done wunderkind, and I hate that.

jonas_opines 6 years, 2 months ago

Man, the last minute of this MU-Memphis game might be as long as Marion's last post.

jonas_opines 6 years, 2 months ago

But ultimately, I had to side, sort of, with MU.

Because of those Memphis 3-Throw girls. The shrieking ones. Memphis should get rid of those.

/and Duke loses!