Previous   Next

Do you drink much soda?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 23, 2009

Browse the archives

“I don’t. Maybe once or twice a week.”

“Yes, I do. Because of my work schedule, it keeps me going during the day. ”

“No. I don’t like the stuff that’s in the soda.”

“I do not because I don’t like the carbonation, and I try to keep my caffeine intake limited to coffee only.”

Comments

RoeDapple 8 years ago

I drink enough Diet Dr. Pepper to float an aircraft carrier. I'm cranky, don't sleep well and fell like 220 volts running through my veins. Any suggestions?

;-]

RoeDapple 8 years ago

No, wrong plumbing. But whatever tickled Sarah T. make mine a double...

;-)

labmonkey 8 years ago

Isn't professional volunteer an oxymoron?

RoeDapple 8 years ago

I sometimes sense limited truth among the OTS responders.....

But if the pay is right I'm happy for her...... (TIC)

classclown 8 years ago

Soda is loaded with CO2. Therefore when you drink it and then belch, you are releasing CO2 into the atmosphere adding to the global warming crisis. Therefore soda is evil.

Lawrence city commission please ban soda and be ahead of the curve until we can get the Obama administration and Congress to follow suit or at least create some tax for it.

BigPrune 8 years ago

Al Gore drinks 2 liters of soda per day.

I wonder why he is so stiff looking?

trollkiller 8 years ago

No, in Kansas we drink pop. This isn't the South.

Flap Doodle 8 years ago

autie, in the part of the South where I grew up, coke was the generic term for all soft drinks.

ohjayhawk 8 years ago

I'm with sgt - I drink pop, not soda. My wife drinks soda, though. I drink caffeine-free diet pop pretty much every day.

Chris Ogle 8 years ago

I don't drink anything more than Pop..... of course Pop, he will drink damn near everything.

Chris Ogle 8 years ago

Hey KSA, quit being such a party pooper.

coolmom 8 years ago

the first time i ordered a "pop" when we moved to the west coast it took several minutes to get the young waitress to have a clue what we were saying it was like speaking another language. To answer the question though yes.

trinity 8 years ago

nahhhhhhhh, pretty much have quit drinking soda POP altogether. used to consume a can or two a day...just decided good ol' water or tea is much better for me. every now&then i get a jones for a diet something or other on a weekend&go ahead and have one.

but the barley pop-oh yeah. still in the picture. ;)

somedude20 8 years ago

I remember using coke and a wire brush to clean up rust on the old hummer when I was in the military. I think of that now when I have a rum and coke, yum!

conservativepunker 8 years ago

I drink quite a bit. Thanks to a District Manager at a record store I worked at, I am now addicted to the Nutrasweet/Caffiene Boost in Diet Coke. Better than sugar!!! :)

Flap Doodle 8 years ago

After the New Coke disaster, I drank only Dr Pepper for a decade. Nowadays, I'll drink a coke about once a month, just to stay in practice.

walter_sobchak 8 years ago

Elvis ate a dozen glazed donuts on his way to the White House.

ms_canada 8 years ago

Here in my neck of the woods everyone calls that drink pop, no exceptions. I have never heard the use of soda. Its always a can of pop or a bottle of pop. And the bottles are all the 2 litre large ones made of plastic. The cans only come in small 12 oz. size. They are all recycled. On a 12 can case you get 60 cents for return. The large bottles are 20 cents. I recycle everything possible. Juice cans/bottles, milk cartons, tin cans, bottles and paper. I built a large box in my garage for the payment recycle stuff. When it is full, I take it to the depot and usually come home with close to $20. The non payment stuff goes in a large blue plastic bag and out back for pick-up weekly.

Christine Pennewell Davis 8 years ago

No never have been a pop, soda, coke drinker and my family thinks I am weird they can not live with out it. Not into flavored water either just plain water if I want flavor I will make koolaide. That is my blood family, mom, dad, sisters, my kids and hubby are more like me even if they do drink it once and awhile when we eat out but give me water anyday, oh yeah and coffee need my coffee.

craigers 8 years ago

Absolutely. I'm working on a big cup of soda right now. Good stuff! And for those addicts out there if you go to Zarco Phillips 66, they have drink cards that you buy five drinks and the 6th one is free! I'm working on promoting their pop stimulus package.

sgtwolverine 8 years ago

Py -- yeah, the weather was great that day. Glad to hear you had a great time in A2; next time you're in the area you should let me know! Where did you eat on St Patrick's Day?

Oh, and did you hear the big news out of A2? http://freep.com/article/20090323/BUSINESS06/90323020/Ann+Arbor+News+to+close+in+July

Ceallach 8 years ago

In order to mentally survive the current economic circus in DC I may need to give up soda/pop altogether and start sipping that Kool-Aid.

trinity 8 years ago

yup original, barley pop=beer! :)

Marty_McFly 8 years ago

Can I get a Tab? Or how about a Pepsi Free?

mom_of_three 8 years ago

We always called it "pop" when I was a kid, and still do.
And yes, I drink too much at times - makes my stomache hurt, so i try not to drink too much. I don't drink coffee, so it's my only caffeine. I do try to drink ice tea, but sometimes, it just isn't enough.

formerlawrenceres 8 years ago

I am an unsweetened ice tea drinker myself. Although a nice big Coke and alka seltzer is the best hangover cure. Try it, I swear it works.

another_concerned_parent 8 years ago

No, I do not drink too much soda pop, according to me. I would hook up an IV of Diet Dr Pepper if I could. It keeps me going through the day.

sgtwolverine 8 years ago

If you have time when you're here in the summer, Py, definitely get ahold of me.

viewfromahill 8 years ago

Generally, I just pour it directly onto the keyboard.

Curtis Lange 8 years ago

I drink Dr Pepper like it is water.

G_E 8 years ago

Hopping on the "I drink a ton of Dr. Pepper/Diet Dr. Pepper" train.

RoeDapple 8 years ago

Recently took 4 large plastic bags full of crushed cans, 94 lbs, 99% diet DP. 2 years worth, and that's what I drink at home. Probably almost that much more at work. Is there an AA for pop drinkers?

(Have cut back recently)(a little) (maybe..........)