Previous   Next

Can you watch the KU men’s basketball game at work?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 12, 2009

Browse the archives

“I cannot; we don’t have a TV there to watch it on.”

“No, I will not. I will be in my office all morning.”

“No. There are no TVs where I work.”

“I’ll be able to watch it between classes.”

Comments

Omegatron 5 years, 5 months ago

This is why you are glad you saved up sick and/or vacation time.

This is when you come up with some bull$#!% excuse as to why you need to leave work early.

This is when you hope you have a boss that is as big a fan as you, that you can convince to have a long lunch meeting at a sports bar.

TopJayhawk 5 years, 5 months ago

It's why I work the night shift. Makes getting sleep a little tough though.

trinity 5 years, 5 months ago

i'd be able to watch it via streaming on the 'net-if i didn't have a dang dentist appointment going on at tipoff! :(

schula 5 years, 5 months ago

Yes - we are having a March Madness party and will be able to watch the game from 11:30 - 1:30 with snacks

Ceallach 5 years, 5 months ago

Yes, by using earbuds I can avoid disturbing other staff. That is until I suddenly scream, "Oh, what's the matter with you?" Then, of course, the hawk is out of the bag and I have to calm down and use my office voice.

G_E 5 years, 5 months ago

The Hawks seem to always play better when I'm not watching, so the fact that I'll be unable to watch the game is probably a good thing.

jonas_opines 5 years, 5 months ago

Glad I got all my topics covered in class so they took my final Tuesday instead of today.

Mary Darst 5 years, 5 months ago

Yes, I get to watch it. I just hope I get to watch them tomorrow night.

cmheck 5 years, 5 months ago

I have a big screen in my clubhouse! I can see it from my office chair or I can just go sit on the couch and watch!! This is one big perk that comes with the job.

HermioneElliott 5 years, 5 months ago

Of course I am going to be watching it, as I have every Jayhawk game so far. I am anxiously waiting for the brackets to come out. I didn't do that great last year, there are just so many teams to learn about, try as I might, there are always a couple of stats I seem to forget. Rock chalk, Jayhawk, KU!!

whatatown 5 years, 5 months ago

I will be watching it at work! I've got one cool boss.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

I try to keep the lemurs from watching basketball on TV. They do enough leaping around without being inspired by the Jayhawks.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 5 months ago

I thought they played in a gym somewhere. Whose work are they playing at?

olmsted78 5 years, 5 months ago

supposedly espn 360 doesn't work on all providers, as my buddy informed me of a couple mins ago. He thanks u for the link, jubate.

now, let's go--

lovenhaight 5 years, 5 months ago

ESPN360 is working for me too, all the way in Chapel Hill.

labmonkey 5 years, 5 months ago

Good thing most people couldn't watch...we might have had many office shootings today.