Previous   Next

Do you plan on going to Oklahoma City for the Big 12 tournament?

Asked at Wescoe Beach, 1445 Jayhawk Blvd. on March 10, 2009

Browse the archives

“No, sir, I’m not really that much into basketball.”

“I am not. I would like to, but I don’t have the funds.”

“I am not because it’s too far away. I don’t have money to travel.”

“No, but if I had tickets, I would go in a heartbeat.”

Related story

Comments

labmonkey 6 years ago

"I am not because it’s too far away. I don’t have money to travel.”

— Joseph Swisher, political science and psychology major, Topeka

And you never will Joseph, you never will.

Bring the Big 12 Tourney to KC permanently!!!

ohjayhawk 6 years ago

It would be awesome if I could. But, I too do not have the funds currently to go the approximately 900 miles to OKC... not to mention the $$$ for the tickets. I was able to go to the semis of the women's tourney at Municipal once, and that was awesome. I'd love to make it to the men's tourney once.

Ceallach 6 years ago

Nope, I too will be watching it from home.

How are we supposed to debate a topic like this? Maybe holding it in Oklahoma was a plot by the Dems, Reps, those illusive "moderates" from each party, or even a religious group.

Ceallach 6 years ago

TOB, no debate there, everyone knows he is to blame :)

HermioneElliott 6 years ago

Yes, I am, that is why I have a budget. Because I knew quite some time ago about the event so I put money away. College basketball is awesome and some of the best memories that we take away from college. I love our Jayhawks.

deskboy04 6 years ago

I am going to stay home and watch the Whataburger commercials on the television.

RoeDapple 6 years ago

I already have the best seat in the house....my house.........

schula 6 years ago

Gives a whole new meaning to "what would you do for a klondike bar"

And no, I won't be travelling to OKC to watch the tournament. I will watch it from the comfort of my living room.

Andy Hess 6 years ago

Vertwaun Hopkins...you, sir, are a huge dork.

BOOM. Roasted.

Ceallach 6 years ago

RI may not be guilty but he knows who to blame. Unless that is just a smoke screen to cover his own deeds. Hmmm, if the state-wide smoking ban passes will smoke screens become illegal?

blindrabbit 6 years ago

ohjayhawk: Methinks you need a geography lesson; OKC is almost exactly 300 miles from Lawrence, not the 900 you suggest. I drive it all the time; just about 4 1/2 hours, driving the speed limit.

blindrabbit 6 years ago

ohjayhawk and Original Bob my oversight! In Pennsylvania it's Oh10 and not Ohio! Hope you can go sometime!

EireishHawk 6 years ago

Somewhere south of heaven and north of hell.

Richard Heckler 6 years ago

Bring it to Lawrence,Kansas not KCMO...

Think about the fun and revenue right here in Lawrence,Kansas