Previous   Next

Were you surprised by this young KU men basketball team’s Big 12 league championship?

Asked at Wayne and Larry’s Sports Bar, 933 Iowa on March 7, 2009

Browse the archives

“No … . I think they had the potential to do it all along, it was just a matter of taking it one game at a time.”

“I guess I was. … They had a lot to live up to with last year’s team … and they owe it to Cole Aldrich; he’s my man because he’s from Minnesota too.”

“Not really, considering how well we’ve been doing in recent years.”

“Absolutely not. … With Bill Self as coach, they’re going to go all the way.”

Comments

labmonkey 6 years, 3 months ago

KU seems to always pull out a Big 12 championship or Big 12 Tourney Championship in the end, so it really isn't that surprising.

misseve 6 years, 3 months ago

They question now is HOW are going to do against NON Big 12 Teams... They have shown a history of choking when it counts (last year being the exception)

jonas_opines 6 years, 3 months ago

Vry suprised, cuz Bill Self is a sux hack coachez and dosnt know nething ab out basketsball. I know cuz he still lozes games sumtimes, if he waz good coach KU wud never loze. KU also is overated, like teh Big 12.

Chris Ogle 6 years, 3 months ago

The_Original_Bob (Anonymous) says…

Karlin is majoring in himself?

I tend to repeat repeat repeat things too, after having a couple refills refills. As soon as I get looking, it's time to go home (by myself, thank you very much)

coolmom 6 years, 3 months ago

yes a little as they are so young but pleasantly. nice to have happy news.

Maxwell Butterfield 6 years, 3 months ago

Is anybody else noticing Jacob's eyes? Very interesting colors...

jumpin_catfish 6 years, 3 months ago

If your honest with yourself than you are surprised. Its all gravy from here on out. Go Hawks!

Omegatron 6 years, 3 months ago

I think I would've been had Danny Manning not been an assistant on the team.

He went through it before.

Lost a lot of games early then came back late in the year.

Experience counts.