Previous   Next

Have you visited a museum in the past year?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on March 6, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes … I visited all the Smithsonian museums in September.”

“Yes, I have. The Nelson-Atkins … they had a special exhibit about train travel.”

“Yes, I have. I’ve been to the Spencer museum, the Nelson … it’s part of my career.”

“I have not visited a museum in the last year, but I have to go visit one for my humanities class.”

Related story

Comments

Omegatron 5 years, 9 months ago

I visited the Smithsonian in D.C. last summer.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 9 months ago

Saw the Window on the Plains museum in Dumas, TX and the Robert E. Howard museum in Cross Plains in January.

zettapixel 5 years, 9 months ago

Went out to DC a few months ago and went to the Air and Space Museum and the NMNH. Fun places!

mom_of_three 5 years, 9 months ago

Yes, and I wish I could go to the Smithsonian. It's on my to-do/places-to-visit list

ohjayhawk 5 years, 9 months ago

No, and it's sad because there are several museums in the town I live in now that I've not visited.

trinity 5 years, 9 months ago

no i have not and wish that wasn't the case! love museums...chicago has some really cool ones!

sgtwolverine 5 years, 9 months ago

Wait ... I'm supposed to be able to remember what I did over the past year? That's asking a lot.

Ceallach 5 years, 9 months ago

I had to go to Carruth O'Leary Hall, does that count?

Deja Coffin 5 years, 9 months ago

Does the Titanic Museum or Ripley's Believe It or Not museum at Branson count? I think we're going there in May!

sgtwolverine 5 years, 9 months ago

"poor displays of discarded old rusty broken weaponry"

Hey! That's no way to talk about the state of Missouri!

Sorry. I had to say it.

labmonkey 5 years, 9 months ago

I went to the Liberty Memorial twice in the last year. Everyone in this area should go at least once. My only problem with it was that it seemed a little TOO centered on the United States for a war that we did relatively little fighting in.

I_Bejewel 5 years, 9 months ago

Yup! Took my boys to the Nelson Atkins museum about a year ago. Then to the Watkin's museum here in Lawrence with one of my boy's cub scout group. I too would love to visit the Smithsonian some day. I truly love museums and feel it's good to take the kiddos as well.

1029 5 years, 9 months ago

I went to that creation museum in Kentucky. It was entertaining, but I made the mistake of reading one of those descriptive exhibit signs out loud. This guy overheard me and approached me with his family (8 kids!) and asked if I would read some of the other exhibit signs out loud to him and his family. Being a good christian, I agreed. Within a few minutes of reading out loud to the family, people started to gather around. I soon realized that I was the only one in the museum that could read (except for the people I was traveling with). I got really annoyed after an hour or so of leading this pack of backwoods christians through the museum exhibits, but I think I scored some major points with God that day.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 9 months ago

1029 I think any points you may have scored that day were just lost on that comment......

Freestater456 5 years, 9 months ago

World War I museum last Tuesday. It was a really cool meseum.

devobrun 5 years, 9 months ago

Yes, I went into the Field Musem in Chicago last fall. The special exhibits were about fantasy depictions of monsters of the ages and such.

So, I went into a continuing exhibit on Africa. It was pretty much just a guilt trip regarding slavery. No geography. No history (except slavery). No cultural contrasts between regions of the continent. Just guilt regarding slavery.

I left having learned nothing. Sad.