Previous   Next

What is your most vivid memory of Michael Jackson?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 27, 2009

Browse the archives

“The ‘Thriller’ video.”

“Me and my sister dancing to the ‘Thriller’ video.”

“His little mouse Ben and that song ‘Ben.’ … I was never scared of my mice.”

“When he caught on fire in the Pepsi commercial.”

Comments

hujiko 5 years, 5 months ago

My most vivid memory is how nobody seemed to care about Michael Jackson until after his death, but soon there after he gained huge praise, many news reports, and various tv specials.

kansastruthteller 5 years, 5 months ago

The allegations of child molestation and sleeping with little children in his bed.

Ronda Miller 5 years, 5 months ago

Just seeing the drastic changes in Michael throughout his lifetime...From a cute little boy, handsome young adult, and then the horrors that followed as he began to "transform" himself". So many pleasant memories of Jackson and his brothers. He was a genius in many differing respects and changed a lot for the better within our world. Thanks, Michael - you are missed!

beatrice 5 years, 5 months ago

Ben the "mouse"? In the sequel to the movie Willard, Ben was the lead rat among a pack of killer rats!

Motown's 25th Anniversary performance.

BigPrune 5 years, 5 months ago

My most vivid memory of Michael Jackson?

Imagining this freakish man/child snuggling with a group of kids in his bed all night and getting away with it, and then wondering WTF is wrong with the parents to allow it to happen.

igby 5 years, 5 months ago

Isolation from the real world and from fans changed Michael, he slipped into a fantasy world of make believe. He became lost in himself and without really caring about what people thought of him he became this personality that reminded me of the joker from the Bat Man movie. His face was frighting but no more the M. Manson's or one of the Kiss band members.

I like his music and he was the best, even greater than Madonna, but not greater than Elvis.

The child molestation charges and his appearance brought the younger generation to not know Jacko, for his true contribution to the arts.