Previous   Next

Do you go to a doctor on a regular basis?

Asked at La Prima Tazza, 638 Mass. on June 15, 2009

Browse the archives

“I usually go to the doctor every summer before I head back to school.”

“Yes, I do, once a year.”

“No, I do not. I don’t have the money.”

“Nope, I very rarely go to the doctor. I’ve been in great health for a long time.”

Comments

RoeDapple 5 years, 3 months ago

I go the the doctor regularly due to irregularity in my regularity.....

Chris Ogle 5 years, 3 months ago

Do you go to a doctor on a regular basis?

Nope.... just eat prunes

RoeDapple 5 years, 3 months ago

R_I - Do you dance with your dog or cat? And is the other a good sport about it? Or does it really bug one to get left out? Do you take them on road trips? In the summer? Or to happy hour? Is there a pattern developing here? Or are we headed in the right direction?

Inquiring minds want to know..............

;-]

jumpin_catfish 5 years, 3 months ago

Yes, but the voices tell me not to listen to him. I like the voices.

labmonkey 5 years, 3 months ago

Poker Player? I wonder if the day will happen when someone will answer "Bar Sknk" or "Chronic M***" when asked their occupation.

Casey is cute... good luck with all those statistics I'm sure you are taking.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 3 months ago

No....I should go to the doctor regularly but I just wait until I get knocked up every 3 years. Maybe I should make an appointment instead of a baby.....hmmmm....it might be cheaper in the long run. BRB, gotta make a call.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 3 months ago

These questions could be phrased differently. Dejacrew423, could you use a different wording? I really, really, loathe "knocked up." It sounds like you are not respectful of yourself or your children. Doesn't anyone say, with child anymore, or in the family way? Every year I age there are more reasons to see the doctor and more reasons for tests, more reasons to go to Kreider Rehab.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 3 months ago

I go to doctors very often.

in fact, I am personally responsible for most of the U.S. national increase in health care costs!

oh but somebody's gotta do it.

Obamacare will cause restrictions in access to specialists. four times in my life quick access to multiple specialists has saved my life.

I'm doing what I can to stimulate this economy, all right?

passionatelibra 5 years, 3 months ago

Even with my insurance I can hardly afford to go to the doctor. My dental insurance is even worse. I have to beg, borrow and steal just to try and get my Son's health issues taken care of, now I'm told he needs his wisdom teeth pulled and braces. Aaaaaah!

I can't believe I went to college to just have to keep hustling... backwards. ugh

average 5 years, 3 months ago

Coming up on 13 years now since I last saw a doc (for a broken bone). I'm even insured. But, if I ever went to a doc, I'd run the risk of getting diagnosed with something or other, which would make me uninsurable in the future. Since my medical record is a big mystery right now, I can get reasonably cheap private insurance if I lose my job or want to start a business.

If it wasn't for that risk, I'd probably have had a checkup or two over the years.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 3 months ago

passionatelibra I know what you mean. My daughter works for Walmart and the health issue is a struggle for her. My grandson was diagnosed at KU and it took a lot of money that she and his father had to come up with. When I hear about people who have such troubles, it makes me feel guilty that I get so much on my medicaid card.

passionatelibra 5 years, 3 months ago

Irish,

I busted my rear to get off welfare and I have to admit, when I am feeling pretty beat down, I wonder why I even bothered.

I went from being so far below the poverty line I didn't even know one existed and I qualified for assistance with everything to being a little higher up under the poverty line but I don't qualify for any assistance with anything anywhere ever. I am struggling more working than I was on welfare.

One question I have, why do they look at a persons income BEFORE taxes? It's not like I can use it to buy my son's school lunches or his text books, let alone pay for the dentist.

What happened to helping the working poor?

Ok, I am done feeling sorry for myself. Back to work!

notajayhawk 5 years, 3 months ago

I'm trying to figure out how I can get sick regularly.

[I wonder if my boss would get suspicious if I scheduled sick days a couple of months in advance.]

mom_of_three 5 years, 3 months ago

I go to the doctor once a year for a checkup, and then when I am under the weather. too many health issues in my family to not get a check up once a year.

notajayhawk 5 years, 3 months ago

Nobody likes doctors. Nobody ...

bearded_gnome 5 years, 3 months ago

first you go to doctors for the girls ...

They poke and prod, and I am not really that much of a masochist. Though I did get married.

RI. --LOL

I woke up yesterday morning with cough/sore throat, today feel sick more of the same/headache/aches.

I am certain I have the Swine Flu, afterall I live near the I70 traderoute. so, I blame Marioni for my Swine Flu!

my dog is a comfort. do I wear sunscreen? yes, it keeps the photons off my skin and you know when you feel like this, you feel every one of those eeeevil photons hitting your skin.

then, of course if you go to the doctor, there's the tongue depresser thingy. why do I want my tongue to get depressed, especially when I'm already sick? RI is right, doctors, masochists! then they want to needle you, or give you pills. or, they have you do tests! they like to take your blood. blood, our precious bodily fluid. what do they do with the blood after they test it? huh? there's a conspiracy there I tell ya'!

RoeDapple 5 years, 3 months ago

00/gnome, Somewhere there are vast stockpiles of body fluids, probably stored in underground facilities, being saved for Lord knows what evil purpose. I blame Bill Clinton

labmonkey 5 years, 3 months ago

Purity of Essence. They are trying to contaminate our precious bodily fluids.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 3 months ago

RoeDapple (Anonymous) says…

yeah! what about if they take that blood and grow thingies in it? you know, mass killing bugs bugs that you get if you walk around on the Bowersock dam. bugs you get if you're diverted by the 2nd and locust repair.

yeah! Roe! we need to organize!

bearded_gnome 5 years, 3 months ago

Nobody likes to go to the doctor. Nobody. The nurses hurt you, sometimes very badly. First you go because your father wants you to. Then you go to get the girls. If you keep on going, you do it for scholarships, and to get the girls. Then you go to the doctor for the money and the girls. Then you get to just watch the practice of medicine, and that's fun. But nobody likes to go to the doctor. Nobody.Yes.

[with apologies]

Flap Doodle 5 years, 3 months ago

Dr. Ilsa can be very strict & that's just how I like it. Sometimes I don't think she's a real doctor, though....

labmonkey 5 years, 3 months ago

I drink my Dr. Pepper slow like Dr. Dre.

igby 5 years, 3 months ago

Doc, she says "do you have insurance because we may need to run some more test".

I said "no, I got cash".

Doc, she says, "I can refer you to the community clinic down the street if you like".

I said "no just give me the dam shot or what ever".

Doc, she says, "well, we need to do a full blood work-up and there's lab fee involved".

I asked how much do you need?

Doc, she says "180.00".