Previous   Next

What bugs bother you the most?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 12, 2009

Browse the archives

“Cockroaches, because they multiply and they’re scary and they get into everything.”

“Mosquitoes, because they bite and itch.”

“Bees, because they’re annoying and they hurt when they sting you.”

“Gnats, because they just fly around you and land on you.”

Comments

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

ticks............ because they don't need to go there......

Chris Ogle 6 years, 1 month ago

PETA bugs me the most... because they are a PIA (pain in ***)

MeAndFannieLou 6 years, 1 month ago

Anybody else have those camelback crickets? They look like a cross between crickets and cockroaches - long antennae like roaches, and they jump like crickets. And they don't necessarily jump forward, so you never know which way they're going to go so it's hard to avoid them.

Eew, ick.

schula 6 years, 1 month ago

Locusts -- I am deathly afraid of them. If I see one, I am almost petrified!

sinverguenza 6 years, 1 month ago

MeandFannieLou - I hate those too.

But June bugs and grasshoppers really get me - they attack! Ick.

jonas_opines 6 years, 1 month ago

Volkswagon Bugs. The new yuppie ones.

On a separate note, are there any good spots around the lakes near town where you can take a dog to swim, without having to founder through the unkept spots covered with poison ivy? If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 1 month ago

The little gnat-like things that sound like they're saying "watch the trade routes, watch the trade routes" as they buzz around.

jonas_opines 6 years, 1 month ago

O-Bob: The goal is for several humans and dogs to be able to swim at once, and chill with drinks. I don't know if those rocks are quite ideal for that.

Does Lonestar Lake allow dogs to swim by their beach? I seem to recall being there with a dog before.

labmonkey 6 years, 1 month ago

Roe-

I know what you mean about ticks. Chiggers seem to like to bite there also...

Right now, I hate grubs, because they are food to moles, which are tearing up my yard. I am putting some Gurb-X down today. I will try to starve the moles out of my yard.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 1 month ago

in season and out, the bug that bugs me the most: Merrill. If those annoying blood-sucking insects haven’t started bugging you yet, get ready. Local health and bug experts expect a larger number of summer insects this year, as compared with last year.

bug experts? Bugologists? bugientists? bugiticians? entomologists-no it can't be that, "ents" were tolkien's trees weren't they? entertainment, that bugs me. entrance, to be preoccupied with bugs?

bugs...words about bugs bug me. articles about bugs bug me.

Don Nuts, you just about put a name on that VW-bug driver there buddy. she treat you wrong buddy?

and, who in he|| mentioned the traderoutes? how dare you.

Ceallach 6 years, 1 month ago

That would be the dreaded Jitter Bugs. They got so bad I had to switch to decaf.

Ronda Miller 6 years, 1 month ago

house centipedes because when I kill them as they run overhead their legs fall on top of me and I twitch and itch (as do the legs) forever after. I don't like feeling a spider's web across my face either...makes me think a spider will be peeking around into my face at any moment...reminds me of ret.....

Ceallach 6 years, 1 month ago

I, too, am blessed with a Mulberry tree; and I'm thankful that I no longer need to hang laundry out to dry.

beatrice 6 years, 1 month ago

Scorpions. Can't stand 'em, and can't seem to get rid of 'em. Life in Arizona.

donnuts: "Those dam rereleased VW bugs and the wretched lying women that drive them. Especially the yellow ones."

Now what have yellow women done to you to make you so upset?

Leslie Swearingen 6 years, 1 month ago

I remember when my daughter, a teen, knocked on the back door to be let in. When I asked why she didn't come in the front, she said that "they" wouldn't let her in. I opened the door and there was a straight line of cicada's, right across the door. She absolutely refused to step over them! I think they look like they are wearing camo.

Ceallach 6 years, 1 month ago

RI, probably was . . that's about the time many of us were always hanging our laundry on clotheslines. No longer have the lines but I'm still plagued by the poles they were tied to :\

Nick Yoho 6 years, 1 month ago

we love our mulberries!

Clothes lines would be much cheaper and sustainable than running a dryer. Why , WHY! did I pull out my clothesline poles!

bugs can be irritating, but, who are we to complain?

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 1 month ago

Electronic/surveillance... always listening in on my centipede conversations with writhin' Ronda.

( ... or was that centiPete? )

compmd 6 years, 1 month ago

Well for me, I have to go with "all."

But I absolutely hate those camelback crickets, they can get huge and scare the bejeesus out of me whenever I see one.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 1 month ago

oh look! don nuts is communicating something in a secret code. maybe something about yellow women?

personally, I like yellow women, brown women, white women, black women, red women, tan women, blue women, orange women (think cheetos), etc.