Previous   Next

Do you take road trips?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Mass. on June 9, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes, about once a year, usually somewhere close like St. Louis or Oklahoma.”

“Yes, California to visit family. I’m getting ready to (go) right now.”

“I do take road trips … back and forth from Lawrence to Dallas … I have a bunch of friends all over the nation, going to different schools.”

“As much as possible … (to) Colorado and East Coast, Cape Cod.”

Comments

Chris Ogle 5 years, 10 months ago

Oh yeah.... Bright green vest and BMW motorcycle goes with me damn near all the time. Would like to go to Alaska someday..... better hurry while I still can go go go.(not much room for the hover-round on my bike)

RoeDapple 5 years, 10 months ago

Went to Eudora the other day..... ended up in St. Louis at the IHOP..... Ummmm, pancakes, ummm......

jonas_opines 5 years, 10 months ago

Took one to Austin with the new dog, who spent the first hour wagging his tail and anxiously awaiting the "park" we must be going to, and spent the next 9 hours giving me looks that clearly said: "Seriously, this had better be one Hell of a park we're going to."

All things told, we all enjoyed ourselves, but by the time we we're past Wichita on the way back it was time to be home.

Still, I'd take 10 hours in a car to Austin than 22 hours in a plane to Beijing anyday. blech.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 10 months ago

Hailstones the size of canned hams are the worst.

Music_Girl 5 years, 10 months ago

Road trips are fun....sometimes. I've taken several with college friends that were amazing. Some with the family weren't nearly as fun though. This summer I'm going out west for a wedding. Taking a couple extra days for sight seeing though so it should work out just fine.

Mary Darst 5 years, 10 months ago

R-I ...wondering the same thing??? We need to get in there and get those two girls out.. It makes me sick to think of them being ther 5 more minutes. autie ..wedding ..you can't do anthing about it so don't worry...be happy. I just need a road trip.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 10 months ago

I took one to Kansas once. It was CRAZY.

Linda Aikins 5 years, 10 months ago

I think JoCo is in for hail the size of Klondike bars. OUCH!

Road trips other than to family? Yep - once to Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and home; another to Tempe for Insight bowl via OK, NM, AZ, and back including TX. It was a blast!

Flap Doodle 5 years, 10 months ago

Good one, R_I, a trifle on the obscure side, but good.

kmat 5 years, 10 months ago

Hey RI - If you would bother to check the news you would know that Gore is probably heading to Asia to try to get these girls released. He has to have clearance from the State Dept (they were in talks about this last week). Even your beloved Faux News has reported this. Considering that the US has no official relations with N. Korea and Gore can't just go walk in and negotiate, this is all being handled behind the scenes. You just love having any little reason to try to slam Gore.

jonas_opines 5 years, 10 months ago

Man, I made a really bad decision this morning when I looked at the clouds, decided to chance it, and rode my scooter to school.

MultiD: Since I'm trapped here at school, ask and you shall receive. I like what the perspective on the first one does to his already enormous ears.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 10 months ago

Al will have his private jet fly around & around over North Korea until the exhaust fumes block out the sun. Then, under cover of darkness, he'll release the ninjas.

passionatelibra 5 years, 10 months ago

I love road trips. I've gone from Oregon to Alaska. Fairbanks to Anchorage numerous times. Fairbanks to Washington to New Orleans to Mississippi to Oregon back to Alaska. Alaska to Canada to Haines to Washington to Kansas. Kansas to Oregon and then back to Kansas. There were many little ones in between but those were my most memorable ones.

Yep, I love road trips, I just can't afford them any more :o\

kmat 5 years, 10 months ago

Sorry, sorry - mixed up RI with some of our rightie posters.

But still, slamming Gore over this. And the info is all over the news and the web.

passionatelibra 5 years, 10 months ago

I wouldn't take one of those in the ocean, it looks like it's the perfect size to be a whales beach ball. I can see them tossing it between one another laughing because of the screams coming from the inside of it. Reminds me of a cat toy I have...

I would love to be able to drive home in a Jeep Wrangler though! My Dad would be snagging it to take to the cabin on a consistent basis.

hujiko 5 years, 10 months ago

just got back from driving through the oklahoma panhandle into new mexico and back through colorado. beautiful country no doubt

Deja Coffin 5 years, 10 months ago

I love taking road trips!! We even travel to other parts of Kansas to see their roadside attractions and landscape. I'm an off the beaten path kind of girl.