Previous   Next

Do you ever run, walk or ride your bike to work or school?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 30, 2009

Browse the archives

“I don’t have a car. So yeah, I ride my bike to work.”

“When we lived in Lenexa, I would bike to our office sometimes near Kansas City International Airport on back roads. It took about two-and-a-half hours.”

“No, because I live out of town. I try to walk during the lunch hour.”

“I’ve ridden my bike to work, and I’d like to run (a long distance) to work some day.”

Comments

ohjayhawk 5 years, 4 months ago

I don't now. It's too far to feasibly walk and there is no route I feel safe enough to traverse on a bike. However, when I was in Lawrence, I didn't have a car. So, I walked to and from my apartment at 18th & Tennessee to work at 23rd & Louisiana, as well as up the hill to classes.

Noemon 5 years, 4 months ago

Did Rey Lin's old office teleport from place to place, or was it on wheels? Ooh, maybe it was made by Baba Yaga Corp, and just walked around.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 4 months ago

Run...never, but I did have to walk my bike when it broke down.

average 5 years, 4 months ago

I'm curious how Ray Lin crossed the Missouri River on a bike between Lenexa and the northland. Shoulder of 435 would be safe enough, but technically illegal. Heart of America bridge downtown is doable, but white knuckle (not exactly 'back roads', either).

Practicality 5 years, 4 months ago

When I start working from home, I will consider it.

RoeDapple 5 years, 4 months ago

My shop is 30 feet from my house. I walk, crawl. jog or run, but seldom drive. Should I contact Al Gore for carbon credits?

preebo 5 years, 4 months ago

Absolutely... I used to ride my bike to work daily. However, now I work from home, so I walk about 50 feet to work everyday.

Catzilla 5 years, 4 months ago

Yes, yes, yes. For years and years. That's why I'm not a fat boy.

puddleglum 5 years, 4 months ago

I drive the coolest car in lawrence, according to gsxr2000's survey. thanks, bro!

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 4 months ago

The answers had nothing to do with the question, but I would have been surprised if they had been. I am zaftig, I saunter over to the bus stop. I totally advise sauntering for its benefits to mind, body, and soul. I also have the benefit of social contacts by talking to the bus driver and other passengers. Then I say hello to all the workers at Walmart, yes we do exchange Christmas cards. What was the question? My answer, yes and no. Maybe.

KU_Golf 5 years, 4 months ago

I rode my road bike from Lenexa to KC Convention Center. it took me around 3 hours one way. The general route from Lenexa is to ride East on 87th St, North on Mission RD, then Southwest Blvd, finally North on Broadway St. i didn't have to cross any major river. i don't think i can make through the day if i run a full marathon before work.