Previous   Next

Do you ever run, walk or ride your bike to work or school?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 30, 2009

Browse the archives

“I don’t have a car. So yeah, I ride my bike to work.”

“When we lived in Lenexa, I would bike to our office sometimes near Kansas City International Airport on back roads. It took about two-and-a-half hours.”

“No, because I live out of town. I try to walk during the lunch hour.”

“I’ve ridden my bike to work, and I’d like to run (a long distance) to work some day.”

Comments

KU_Golf 4 years, 8 months ago

I rode my road bike from Lenexa to KC Convention Center. it took me around 3 hours one way. The general route from Lenexa is to ride East on 87th St, North on Mission RD, then Southwest Blvd, finally North on Broadway St. i didn't have to cross any major river. i don't think i can make through the day if i run a full marathon before work.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 8 months ago

autie (Anonymous) says…

Kind of like when a blog has a title and the body of the blog is in no way related? Oh…I get it. Multi, sounds like you need a little duct tape? -- Cousin!

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

My cousin thought his brain was melting one time. Come to find out he drank way too much Evan Williams and passed out with his head too close to the lantern and his ear was was dripping out.

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

Kind of like when a blog has a title and the body of the blog is in no way related? Oh...I get it. Multi, sounds like you need a little duct tape?

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 8 months ago

TOB...help..gray matter..is that ever supposed to liquify and leak?

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 8 months ago

The answers had nothing to do with the question, but I would have been surprised if they had been. I am zaftig, I saunter over to the bus stop. I totally advise sauntering for its benefits to mind, body, and soul. I also have the benefit of social contacts by talking to the bus driver and other passengers. Then I say hello to all the workers at Walmart, yes we do exchange Christmas cards. What was the question? My answer, yes and no. Maybe.

puddleglum 4 years, 8 months ago

I drive the coolest car in lawrence, according to gsxr2000's survey. thanks, bro!

JackRipper 4 years, 8 months ago

Machiavelli_mania (Anonymous) says… "No. Lawrence is not that safe for the pedestrian, the biker, the runner."

or the motorist.

Machiavelli_mania 4 years, 8 months ago

No. Lawrence is not that safe for the pedestrian, the biker, the runner.

Catzilla 4 years, 8 months ago

Yes, yes, yes. For years and years. That's why I'm not a fat boy.

bronze 4 years, 8 months ago

no i only walk my dog to events in downtown such as the farmer's market.

preebo 4 years, 8 months ago

Absolutely... I used to ride my bike to work daily. However, now I work from home, so I walk about 50 feet to work everyday.

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

Yes, a little walk when the truck won't start. And once when the ice wouldn't allow me away from the curb.

RoeDapple 4 years, 8 months ago

My shop is 30 feet from my house. I walk, crawl. jog or run, but seldom drive. Should I contact Al Gore for carbon credits?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 8 months ago

Blue, At least you can have the pride of not driving a Yaris.

blue73harley 4 years, 8 months ago

I am an evil commuter with a huge carbon footprint.

Practicality 4 years, 8 months ago

When I start working from home, I will consider it.

average 4 years, 8 months ago

I'm curious how Ray Lin crossed the Missouri River on a bike between Lenexa and the northland. Shoulder of 435 would be safe enough, but technically illegal. Heart of America bridge downtown is doable, but white knuckle (not exactly 'back roads', either).

Chris Ogle 4 years, 8 months ago

Run...never, but I did have to walk my bike when it broke down.

Noemon 4 years, 8 months ago

Did Rey Lin's old office teleport from place to place, or was it on wheels? Ooh, maybe it was made by Baba Yaga Corp, and just walked around.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

I like how they asked people how they get to school when none of those questioned are in school.

ohjayhawk 4 years, 8 months ago

I don't now. It's too far to feasibly walk and there is no route I feel safe enough to traverse on a bike. However, when I was in Lawrence, I didn't have a car. So, I walked to and from my apartment at 18th & Tennessee to work at 23rd & Louisiana, as well as up the hill to classes.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 8 months ago

Occasionally to work, rarely to home.

South Dakota, Land of the combination gas station, liquor store, ammo shop, and casino, with a drive up window to boot. Why can't we have these in Kansas?