Previous   Next

Do you enjoy watching lightning storms?

Asked at downtown Lawrence on July 29, 2009

Browse the archives

“I like to watch them as long as it’s not waking me up at 4 in the morning.”

“Yeah, I like it. They’re just neat.”

“I love Midwestern thunderstorms. They are beautiful. Lightning is a little scary.”

“Yeah, I do. I always find thunder and lightning relaxing.”

Comments

couranna1 4 years, 8 months ago

More lighning and thunder the better

Flap Doodle 4 years, 8 months ago

If the ability to appear in a Marvel comic book for decades counts for anything, Thor would be the winner in a match with Zeus. dajudge, imagine a lemur who's just eaten a bowl of chocolate-covered expresso beans. That's kinda like a banshee.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 8 months ago

I started scrolling down to tell sgt that was just too damned funny, but then I saw he was just setting me up to be vulnerably giggling so 75 could tbone me. Good one, I felt that right in the side fellas. We need to save that storm thread and the lightning/sycamore photo today where whoever said 'Think Jack and the Beanstalk" then go back and look at that photo. Exactly.

Roe..had you not dropped it, you could have changed how people think of snail mail.

jengaman 4 years, 8 months ago

I'm with IRREVERANT on this one. As soon as I see a T-Storm rolling in...the booze starts flowing.

dajudge 4 years, 8 months ago

Is a banshee anything like a lemur?

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

I think Jesus could take them in a cage match.

75x55 4 years, 8 months ago

Multi - it's his destiny....

logicsound09 4 years, 8 months ago

So who would win in a battle between Thor and Zeus?

Both seem to have lightning and thunder at their beck and call...

...but Zeus (Jupiter) is the King of the Greek (Roman) gods, whereas I believe Thor must answer to Odin.

sgtwolverine 4 years, 8 months ago

Yes, but only when snap is around.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 8 months ago

I like to run around in storms holding up a long piece of rebar and saying rude things about Zeus.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 8 months ago

Logic's got that Lieutenant Dan wannabee thing going on.

puddleglum 4 years, 8 months ago

I thought lightning was the product of the corrupt liberal media. and obama donated a lot of money to the clouds so he bought the thunderstorms and beat down ol' mccain & palin. then, palin quit. where's tommy?

logicsound09 4 years, 8 months ago

Of course. And you get the best view from the top of a tall pole, prefereably made of a highly conductive metal (is that redundant?) of some sort.

However, my cat is somewhat of a pussy when it comes to them...go figure. :-)

blue73harley 4 years, 8 months ago

No, they contribute to global warming and should be stopped. Could be Al Gore's next invention.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 8 months ago

I am terrified of storms. I think everyone is going to be a tornado. Deion (the cat) goes underneath the sofa and I sleep on the sofa to keep him company. I want to be properly dressed in case I have to get out in a hurry. I do not like thunderstorms.

H_Lecter 4 years, 8 months ago

Just for fun, I ran a wire from the lightening rod to a very inviting chair.

mmmmm...the anticipation

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

Me? I love it. But the dog doesn't care for it much. He'll cry like a fourth grader with a skinned up knee when the thunder cracks.

jonas_opines 4 years, 8 months ago

I just had Jon Stewart's voice in my head go: "You like watching thunderstorms. . . . on weeeeed, maan?"

Topside 4 years, 8 months ago

Both me and the old lady love 'em (as I'm sure most people do) makes for some good times.

bow chicka wow wow...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 8 months ago

I love the smell of ozone in the morning. Smells like... Thors hammer striking.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 8 months ago

Lighting storms are why God created margaritas and porches.

RoeDapple 4 years, 8 months ago

I did until lightning hit the tree in our yard just as I opened the gate to our chain link fence after retrieving the mail. Not enough shock to hurt me but enough to drop the mail and run like a banshee to the house.