Previous   Next

Do you enjoy watching lightning storms?

Asked at downtown Lawrence on July 29, 2009

Browse the archives

“I like to watch them as long as it’s not waking me up at 4 in the morning.”

“Yeah, I like it. They’re just neat.”

“I love Midwestern thunderstorms. They are beautiful. Lightning is a little scary.”

“Yeah, I do. I always find thunder and lightning relaxing.”

Comments

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

I did until lightning hit the tree in our yard just as I opened the gate to our chain link fence after retrieving the mail. Not enough shock to hurt me but enough to drop the mail and run like a banshee to the house.

Topside 6 years, 1 month ago

Both me and the old lady love 'em (as I'm sure most people do) makes for some good times.

bow chicka wow wow...

jonas_opines 6 years, 1 month ago

I just had Jon Stewart's voice in my head go: "You like watching thunderstorms. . . . on weeeeed, maan?"

H_Lecter 6 years, 1 month ago

Just for fun, I ran a wire from the lightening rod to a very inviting chair.

mmmmm...the anticipation

Leslie Swearingen 6 years, 1 month ago

I am terrified of storms. I think everyone is going to be a tornado. Deion (the cat) goes underneath the sofa and I sleep on the sofa to keep him company. I want to be properly dressed in case I have to get out in a hurry. I do not like thunderstorms.

puddleglum 6 years, 1 month ago

I thought lightning was the product of the corrupt liberal media. and obama donated a lot of money to the clouds so he bought the thunderstorms and beat down ol' mccain & palin. then, palin quit. where's tommy?

Flap Doodle 6 years, 1 month ago

I like to run around in storms holding up a long piece of rebar and saying rude things about Zeus.

dajudge 6 years, 1 month ago

Is a banshee anything like a lemur?

jengaman 6 years, 1 month ago

I'm with IRREVERANT on this one. As soon as I see a T-Storm rolling in...the booze starts flowing.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 1 month ago

If the ability to appear in a Marvel comic book for decades counts for anything, Thor would be the winner in a match with Zeus. dajudge, imagine a lemur who's just eaten a bowl of chocolate-covered expresso beans. That's kinda like a banshee.