Previous   Next

Do you think your dreams have meaning?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 27, 2009

Browse the archives

“Of course they do. I think they give me direction in life and help me look at past issues and how to deal with them. ”

“Yeah, sometimes. Usually they’re related to whatever I’m going through in my life.”

“No, I don’t think they mean anything at all. , ”

“Yes, I think that they have some significance if you’re going through any kind of troubles.”

Comments

bearded_gnome 4 years, 8 months ago

apparently some guy jumped off the bridge, now in the water "hanging on" under the bridge.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 8 months ago

MG, clearly it is a dream about revolution. you are rebelling against the order, you will have the bread no matter what authority says.

also, I hope those loaves were wrapped in a waterproof container!

also, maybe your dream was about water conservation: put bread into the tank, displace water, toilet flushes less water. amazing, you figgered out a new way to conserve water!

most people used bricks for that. but you can't eat bricks, or well, most of us can't. if you're a six-armed guy living in a treehouse, shooting lazarbeams, I bet you can eat bricks.

Music_Girl 4 years, 8 months ago

Actually it's a recurring dream and it has happened at random times of the month...

canyon_wren 4 years, 8 months ago

What is weird is when you dream a dream, then (in the same night) you dream you were telling someone about that dream!

BABBOY 4 years, 8 months ago

Maybe it is time to drop this feature. They are running out of questions.

Machiavelli_mania 4 years, 8 months ago

Yes, I do. Just dreamed of my deceased sister last night. These dreams are very important to me and are mentally stored for a lifetime.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 8 months ago

Music Girl, What time of the month did you have that dream? If there was pain involved, I think we've got that one figured out. :)

Jersey_Girl 4 years, 8 months ago

Nah, jonas, you probably just ate too many green veggies at dinner.

jonas_opines 4 years, 8 months ago

When I was 10 my parents watched Amadeus, and that night I had a dream about Mozart (same laugh), except that he was green, had 6 arms, and lived in a giant beehive. He kidnapped women to take them to the beehive, where he fired lazer lights at them and turned them into 6-armed, green-skinned women.

I took that to mean that I was weird, I think.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

"Speaking of wierd dreams, I once had a dream where it was illegal to keep loaves of bread anywhere except the tank part of the toilet. If you were caught keeping loaves of bread anywhere else, the offense was punishable by death. If anyone has an explanation of that one please share haha."

Ell Ess Dee.

Music_Girl 4 years, 8 months ago

bearded_gnome 4 years, 8 months ago

Jerseygirl, I used to think 'earth mother' was sexy, but then I growed up.

now, archetypes of sexy women in my dream are not so 'earth motherish.' but as to zuccini juice, clearly RI's dream is all about sex, no question about it.

zuccini juice is far superior to oysters as an aphrodisiac food!
how do you think Noah had so many kids? he could only take 'two of everything' on the ark, but he could pack an unlimited supply of zuccini juice.
later, in the Biblical account, it says Noah got drunk, and everybody thinks that's alcohol scrambling his head...think again.
well,

cthulhu_4_president 4 years, 8 months ago

I had a dream that I was eating a giant marshmallow.

When I woke up, my pillow was gone.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 8 months ago

Oh R_I. come on fess up....I rented that at Family video last week in the adult section.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 8 months ago

Often mine are all too real. After a rough week, just the other night I was dreaming about some unknown locations in Lawrence and was noticing how dreadful the neighborhoods smelled. It was just awful. The dream was long an drawn out, and the smell persisted. I woke to find a skunk has sprayed outside the window of my bedroom with the little ac unit. The kind with the thin plastic adjustable side panes that you know have small leak holes here and there where the fit is imperfect.

Perhaps needless to say, I understood the dream. My brain was saying...."Get me the "H" out of this place...I wanna go back to my home!!!!"

Febreeze, doze, febreeze, doze..repeat. What ever gets you through the night. Alright.

TOB..don't know, but sometimes it's fun to just sit here and pretend to cast some feed over top of a tank the fish is swimming in from time to time to watch it strike the top. ;)

bearded_gnome 4 years, 8 months ago

today is a date of real history:

today is the birthday of the user most recently known as Bronze, now disappeareded.
formerly he was: Ocean, cool, rusty2, jaguar, spiderman, ariadne, coletrane, et al.

TOSsed off this board at least 8 times now.

apparently he now has time for that "cool and fruity treat on a hot day" eh Snap?

Jersey_Girl 4 years, 8 months ago

So, gnome, are you telling us that you find zuccini juice erotic?

bearded_gnome 4 years, 8 months ago

yes, anybody who publishes a "system" of dream interpretation is bull of biosolids.

dreams are far too complex.

yes, my dreams have significance. they're a good window into my own subconscious.

the id fighting the superego, the collective unconsciousness of Jung so I get archetypes like earth mother, only somebody's hitting her over the head with some big@$$ zuccini yelling something about butter and cows...my archetype gets all messed up, I mean, its hard to have a good archetype in my dream with zuccini juice all over her, dripping down.

puddleglum 4 years, 8 months ago

of course, everybody knows that

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 8 months ago

I'm not sure, some times dreams are just weird. The other night I was beating this old blonde haired lady over the head with this giant zuchini I found in my garden, well It grew in my garden so I really didn't find it, I harvested it, anyway I was beating her over the head with this gigantic zuchini that was about 31 times bigger than a babys arm while holding a bible, not a baby holding a bible, but I was holding a bible, pummeling her about the head with the bulbous end, as the other end where the stem attaches was perfectly sized for a hand to hold and these 3 ghosts full of holes were standing around just egging me on, then I baked zuchini bread, and thought I had made just 5 loafs, but when I sliced them up I had over 5000 slices, but not nearly enough butter, so then I had to find all these cows to milk, but they kept running away as soon as I set my milking stool and bucket down. Some dreams are just weird.

Music_Girl 4 years, 8 months ago

If my dreams mean something....I don't want to know what it is because it can't possibly be good!

Jersey_Girl 4 years, 8 months ago

Super Gulp, autie? I know the feeling. I may need to double my dose of Mountain Dew this morning.

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

Sorry Jersey, its Monday and I'm a little slow today. More java, por favor.

Jersey_Girl 4 years, 8 months ago

Thank you, tagger!! I expected so much more, people! Where are all autie's smartass comments? Come on! It's Monday morning and I need some laughs.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 8 months ago

I have one dream that means "you shouldn't have eaten chili that late in the evening".

Kevin Sontag 4 years, 8 months ago

We miss you, Mitch Hedberg:

I hate dreaming, man. Because when you sleep, you wanna sleep. Dreaming is work, you know! There I am in a comfortable bed. The next thing you know, I have to build a go-kart with my ex-landlord.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 8 months ago

I dreamed we were hiding in the church basement from killer strawberries and there were soldiers in full combat gear outside. I started to open a window and one of them yelled at me, "My god, woman, there are children in there! Don't let them near the strawberries!" Then he shuddered and said, "I fear these more than anything else we have to fight." That dream has stayed with me. I wake up and fix the dream in my mind so I won't forget it.

cthulhu_4_president 4 years, 8 months ago

The poll doesn't specify what state of conciousness. We are all assuming they mean asleep.

Asleep: No. Awake: Yes.

blue73harley 4 years, 8 months ago

If they do, I will soon be meeting Jennifer Anniston! Sweet!

Chris Ogle 4 years, 8 months ago

I am going back to sleep, and try to get a re-do of last nights dream.

jaywalker 4 years, 8 months ago

They mean I'm gettin' some quality sleep, thank the Lord.

canyon_wren 4 years, 8 months ago

It's obvious that they are often related to things that are currently happening in our lives. I am not sure what meaning they have, though when you dream about the same subject over and over, it probably does tell you something about your subconscious fears, etc. (I am always dreaming that I can't find my little pick-up--I used to dream a lot that I had lost my purse!). It would be neat to be able to believe some of the dream interpretation books, but I don't really think those authors know a whole lot more about the subject than we do!

edjayhawk 4 years, 8 months ago

Yes they are a way to help achieve my goals.

denak 4 years, 8 months ago

I think that dreams can manifest subconcious dreams and desires.

What they always mean I don't understand. I had a dream once where I met the man of my dreams in a church where Castro was sitting in front of me. Have no clue what that is all suppose to mean.

Dena

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

I'm not sure as I was asleep at the time. But I would say there is no prophecy, only deja vous.

H_Lecter 4 years, 8 months ago

In my dreams everybody dies.

....I think it's important to wake up with a smile

harley11 4 years, 8 months ago

Yes, I believe dreams can tell a person what to be aware of. My latest puzzling dream was a black lion crossing my path. Any suggestions what this means?