Previous   Next

Do you think your dreams have meaning?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 27, 2009

Browse the archives

“Of course they do. I think they give me direction in life and help me look at past issues and how to deal with them. ”

“Yeah, sometimes. Usually they’re related to whatever I’m going through in my life.”

“No, I don’t think they mean anything at all. , ”

“Yes, I think that they have some significance if you’re going through any kind of troubles.”

Comments

harley11 5 years, 1 month ago

Yes, I believe dreams can tell a person what to be aware of. My latest puzzling dream was a black lion crossing my path. Any suggestions what this means?

H_Lecter 5 years, 1 month ago

In my dreams everybody dies.

....I think it's important to wake up with a smile

denak 5 years, 1 month ago

I think that dreams can manifest subconcious dreams and desires.

What they always mean I don't understand. I had a dream once where I met the man of my dreams in a church where Castro was sitting in front of me. Have no clue what that is all suppose to mean.

Dena

canyon_wren 5 years, 1 month ago

It's obvious that they are often related to things that are currently happening in our lives. I am not sure what meaning they have, though when you dream about the same subject over and over, it probably does tell you something about your subconscious fears, etc. (I am always dreaming that I can't find my little pick-up--I used to dream a lot that I had lost my purse!). It would be neat to be able to believe some of the dream interpretation books, but I don't really think those authors know a whole lot more about the subject than we do!

jaywalker 5 years, 1 month ago

They mean I'm gettin' some quality sleep, thank the Lord.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 1 month ago

I am going back to sleep, and try to get a re-do of last nights dream.

cthulhu_4_president 5 years, 1 month ago

The poll doesn't specify what state of conciousness. We are all assuming they mean asleep.

Asleep: No. Awake: Yes.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 1 month ago

I dreamed we were hiding in the church basement from killer strawberries and there were soldiers in full combat gear outside. I started to open a window and one of them yelled at me, "My god, woman, there are children in there! Don't let them near the strawberries!" Then he shuddered and said, "I fear these more than anything else we have to fight." That dream has stayed with me. I wake up and fix the dream in my mind so I won't forget it.

Kevin Sontag 5 years, 1 month ago

We miss you, Mitch Hedberg:

I hate dreaming, man. Because when you sleep, you wanna sleep. Dreaming is work, you know! There I am in a comfortable bed. The next thing you know, I have to build a go-kart with my ex-landlord.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 1 month ago

I have one dream that means "you shouldn't have eaten chili that late in the evening".

Jersey_Girl 5 years, 1 month ago

Thank you, tagger!! I expected so much more, people! Where are all autie's smartass comments? Come on! It's Monday morning and I need some laughs.

Jersey_Girl 5 years, 1 month ago

Super Gulp, autie? I know the feeling. I may need to double my dose of Mountain Dew this morning.

Music_Girl 5 years, 1 month ago

If my dreams mean something....I don't want to know what it is because it can't possibly be good!

puddleglum 5 years, 1 month ago

of course, everybody knows that

bearded_gnome 5 years, 1 month ago

yes, anybody who publishes a "system" of dream interpretation is bull of biosolids.

dreams are far too complex.

yes, my dreams have significance. they're a good window into my own subconscious.

the id fighting the superego, the collective unconsciousness of Jung so I get archetypes like earth mother, only somebody's hitting her over the head with some big@$$ zuccini yelling something about butter and cows...my archetype gets all messed up, I mean, its hard to have a good archetype in my dream with zuccini juice all over her, dripping down.

Jersey_Girl 5 years, 1 month ago

So, gnome, are you telling us that you find zuccini juice erotic?

bearded_gnome 5 years, 1 month ago

today is a date of real history:

today is the birthday of the user most recently known as Bronze, now disappeareded.
formerly he was: Ocean, cool, rusty2, jaguar, spiderman, ariadne, coletrane, et al.

TOSsed off this board at least 8 times now.

apparently he now has time for that "cool and fruity treat on a hot day" eh Snap?

cthulhu_4_president 5 years, 1 month ago

I had a dream that I was eating a giant marshmallow.

When I woke up, my pillow was gone.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 1 month ago

Jerseygirl, I used to think 'earth mother' was sexy, but then I growed up.

now, archetypes of sexy women in my dream are not so 'earth motherish.' but as to zuccini juice, clearly RI's dream is all about sex, no question about it.

zuccini juice is far superior to oysters as an aphrodisiac food!
how do you think Noah had so many kids? he could only take 'two of everything' on the ark, but he could pack an unlimited supply of zuccini juice.
later, in the Biblical account, it says Noah got drunk, and everybody thinks that's alcohol scrambling his head...think again.
well,

Music_Girl 5 years, 1 month ago

Speaking of wierd dreams, I once had a dream where it was illegal to keep loaves of bread anywhere except the tank part of the toilet. If you were caught keeping loaves of bread anywhere else, the offense was punishable by death. If anyone has an explanation of that one please share haha.

jonas_opines 5 years, 1 month ago

When I was 10 my parents watched Amadeus, and that night I had a dream about Mozart (same laugh), except that he was green, had 6 arms, and lived in a giant beehive. He kidnapped women to take them to the beehive, where he fired lazer lights at them and turned them into 6-armed, green-skinned women.

I took that to mean that I was weird, I think.

Jersey_Girl 5 years, 1 month ago

Nah, jonas, you probably just ate too many green veggies at dinner.

canyon_wren 5 years, 1 month ago

What is weird is when you dream a dream, then (in the same night) you dream you were telling someone about that dream!

Music_Girl 5 years, 1 month ago

Actually it's a recurring dream and it has happened at random times of the month...

bearded_gnome 5 years, 1 month ago

MG, clearly it is a dream about revolution. you are rebelling against the order, you will have the bread no matter what authority says.

also, I hope those loaves were wrapped in a waterproof container!

also, maybe your dream was about water conservation: put bread into the tank, displace water, toilet flushes less water. amazing, you figgered out a new way to conserve water!

most people used bricks for that. but you can't eat bricks, or well, most of us can't. if you're a six-armed guy living in a treehouse, shooting lazarbeams, I bet you can eat bricks.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 1 month ago

apparently some guy jumped off the bridge, now in the water "hanging on" under the bridge.