Previous   Next

What is your favorite kind of nut?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 22, 2009

Browse the archives

“Macadamia, I like them in my cookies.”

“My favorite nut is definitely Planters honey-roasted peanuts. My grandmother always had them in her house”

“Macadamia nuts in white chocolate chip cookies.”

“Cashew, because my grandfather always referred to them as ‘sneeze’ nuts.”

Comments

Soapdish 5 years, 4 months ago

Multi-

He's been on vacation. But I was going to say the same thing... My favorite nut? Gun.

HI DAD!

Love, BDUK

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 4 months ago

Multi, Roe is right over your head. Just look up. As I said in the other poll on the other side of the page on the same question, I like fresh roasted cashews. Roe, come one, as much as I loved your links, I am guessing your favorite to be beer nuts.

dajudge 5 years, 4 months ago

It seems there aren't that many true nuts. Of the real nuts, I prefer the hazelnut or filbert.

Botanical definition A nut in botany is a simple dry fruit with one seed (rarely two) in which the ovary wall becomes very hard (stony or woody) at maturity, and where the seed remains unattached or unfused with the ovary wall. Most nuts come from the pistils with inferior ovaries (see flower) and all are indehiscent (not opening at maturity). True nuts are produced, for example, by some plant families of the order Fagales.

Order Fagales Family Fagaceae Chestnut (Castanea) Beech (Fagus) Oak (Quercus) Stone-oak, Tanoak (Lithocarpus)

Family Betulaceae Alder (Alnus) Hazel, Filbert (Corylus) Hornbeam

alm77 5 years, 4 months ago

Found out the hard way I have a reaction to Pine Nuts. I like Cashew Chicken, but not necessarily any nut by itself.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 4 months ago

dajudge I have used the white oak acorn to grind up into flour. It's quite good.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 4 months ago

RI , Thanks! I loved it. Can't wait to try it with my new water skills. I meant Roe's comment was the second one, so it over before yours or over yours. You know that comments on here don't have to make sense, they don't have to have anything to do with the thread. And, when you come right down to it, everything is relative. Speaking of nuts, what do you think of the mother who was arrested because her son weights more than 500 pounds?

Linda Aikins 5 years, 4 months ago

Hannibal has missed a lot of questions that he should have given intelligent and informed answers. This is one of them.

beatrice 5 years, 4 months ago

Sounds like a bad Wheel of Fortune before and after: nutmeg tilly

Christine Anderson 5 years, 4 months ago

The kind that if I mentioned them, Jonathan would promptly delete this post.