Previous   Next

What is your favorite kind of nut?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 22, 2009

Browse the archives

“Macadamia, I like them in my cookies.”

“My favorite nut is definitely Planters honey-roasted peanuts. My grandmother always had them in her house”

“Macadamia nuts in white chocolate chip cookies.”

“Cashew, because my grandfather always referred to them as ‘sneeze’ nuts.”

Comments

Marion Lynn 4 years, 8 months ago

Well, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

Christine Anderson 4 years, 8 months ago

The kind that if I mentioned them, Jonathan would promptly delete this post.

beatrice 4 years, 8 months ago

Sounds like a bad Wheel of Fortune before and after: nutmeg tilly

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

22 July 2009 at 12:25 p.m.

Suggest removal

Permalink The_Original_Bob (Anonymous) says…

Autie's cousins are pros. I believe they just had the World Noodling Championship in Red Dirt Hell last month.

Yup. They comed up here one time a long time ago one time and said they was taken us noodling. All I could say was "you gonna stick your hand where?" So we stayed home.

BABBOY 4 years, 8 months ago

Walnuts.

I love to put them in my cereal (Wheaties).

Gootsie 4 years, 8 months ago

Hannibal has missed a lot of questions that he should have given intelligent and informed answers. This is one of them.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 8 months ago

RI , Thanks! I loved it. Can't wait to try it with my new water skills. I meant Roe's comment was the second one, so it over before yours or over yours. You know that comments on here don't have to make sense, they don't have to have anything to do with the thread. And, when you come right down to it, everything is relative. Speaking of nuts, what do you think of the mother who was arrested because her son weights more than 500 pounds?

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 8 months ago

"Multi, Roe is right over your head. Just look up."

So says Irish.

On a thread about nuts.

There is a God after all.

2 blessings in one, I give thanks to Thee..oh Lord..

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 8 months ago

dajudge I have used the white oak acorn to grind up into flour. It's quite good.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

alm77 4 years, 8 months ago

Found out the hard way I have a reaction to Pine Nuts. I like Cashew Chicken, but not necessarily any nut by itself.

dajudge 4 years, 8 months ago

It seems there aren't that many true nuts. Of the real nuts, I prefer the hazelnut or filbert.

Botanical definition A nut in botany is a simple dry fruit with one seed (rarely two) in which the ovary wall becomes very hard (stony or woody) at maturity, and where the seed remains unattached or unfused with the ovary wall. Most nuts come from the pistils with inferior ovaries (see flower) and all are indehiscent (not opening at maturity). True nuts are produced, for example, by some plant families of the order Fagales.

Order Fagales Family Fagaceae Chestnut (Castanea) Beech (Fagus) Oak (Quercus) Stone-oak, Tanoak (Lithocarpus)

Family Betulaceae Alder (Alnus) Hazel, Filbert (Corylus) Hornbeam

bronze 4 years, 8 months ago

cashew chicken with ginger & galangal.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 8 months ago

Pecans, once they get into a pie!

blue73harley 4 years, 8 months ago

Lug.

'Was it Bozo that use to frequently answer responses with “Philbert!”? ' Yep.

prospector 4 years, 8 months ago

R-I, Is that a dare? No, but they are fun to climb and the pine cones are good for throwing at the girls.

I did have a 1965 Plymouth Valiant that ate one once.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 8 months ago

Multi, Roe is right over your head. Just look up. As I said in the other poll on the other side of the page on the same question, I like fresh roasted cashews. Roe, come one, as much as I loved your links, I am guessing your favorite to be beer nuts.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 8 months ago

Prospector, Ever eat a pine tree? Many parts are edible.

prospector 4 years, 8 months ago

Pinoli

Was it Bozo that use to frequently answer responses with "Philbert!"?

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 8 months ago

Any kind you can get, anytime.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

"I used to be able to name every nut that there was. And it used to drive my mother crazy, because she used to say, "Harlan Pepper, if you don't stop naming nuts," and the joke was that we lived in Pine Nut, and I think that's what put it in my mind at that point. So she would hear me in the other room, and she'd just start yelling. I'd say, "Peanut. Hazelnut. Cashew nut. Macadamia nut." That was the one that would send her into going crazy. She'd say, "Would you stop naming nuts!" And Hubert used to be able to make the sound, he couldn't talk, but he'd go "rrrawr rrawr" and that sounded like Macadamia nut. Pine nut, which is a nut, but it's also the name of a town. Pistachio nut. Red pistachio nut. Natural, all natural white pistachio nut." Harlan Pepper.

consumer1 4 years, 8 months ago

Far left wing liberal (nuts) of course. But, Far right wing conservative nuts are pretty tasty also.

Soapdish 4 years, 8 months ago

Multi-

He's been on vacation. But I was going to say the same thing... My favorite nut? Gun.

HI DAD!

Love, BDUK

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 8 months ago

The very expensive smoked almonds in the gallon tins are the best. And do we argue the green boiled peanuts are legumes issue here?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 8 months ago

Um, the other one, but I will just say "wing"