Previous   Next

Are you going to the Sidewalk Sale on Thursday?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 15, 2009

Browse the archives

“Would love to, but we’re not going to be here. We’re just here for the afternoon.”

“Yes, I’ll be here. You get the best deals of the year.”

“Yes sir, my dad has a lemonade stand. I’m going to be working for him.”

“Yes we will, but we’re getting an early start today.”

Comments

Marion Lynn 4 years, 9 months ago

The_Original_Bob (Anonymous) says…

“— J.T. Sellers, golf cart boy, Eudora”

Sounds like the main character in a bad Will Ferrell or Adam Sandler movie."

Marion writes:

Well , TOB, sounds more like you are being hateful because the kid has a job.

Kid having a job doesn't fit in to your Pseudo-liberal/Neo-socialist thinking, does it?

You should try getting a job.

You might learn a few things.

Pick on a kid because he has a job.

How DIVERSE of you, TOB!

Belittle the Working Man, right TOB?

Outed yourself there, TOB.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 9 months ago

Stat_Guys Well, I give up totally. Now after reading you I feel totally depressed. You have managed to pretty much ruin my day. Thanks, much.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 9 months ago

autie I have a pair of sunglasses like that and I love them. Mine also have a cute design on the frame. Do you remember when those tiny round granny sunglasses were all the rage?

sunflower_sue 4 years, 9 months ago

MD, I had a good chuckle as well. I had no idea that I hadn't posted since April. If I ever need a PI, I'll know who to call! Keep trying, though...wasn't me. I'll take that Oscar, anyway. As long as it's made of dark chocolate!

jonas_opines 4 years, 9 months ago

While certainly large, can these sunglasses truly classify as "insectoid?" Maybe futuristic robot-bugs, but. . . . .

Stat_Guys 4 years, 9 months ago

Ronda has seen fit to help us out, thanks. Beer Run after work tonight.

Stat_Guys 4 years, 9 months ago

New longer list has been posted. Thanks for playing along. We've got more names just not enough Stout. http://www2.ljworld.com/weblogs/you-a...

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 9 months ago

BTW Blue? From now on, every time I see the OTS people with those glasses my brain will imagine your little person in back with the can of Raid. Thanks to you and 1970's tv ads. I'll probably see it when I'm just driving down Mass too. Damn your hide.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 9 months ago

Hehehe..accused is the wrong word. I was asking so I could put her name in for an Oscar! I thought she might be pulling a great one over on us. Some of us were trying to figure out who that was and I was researching a line of thought, Sue's old comments came up, and it made me think, 'Hmmm..". I thought it would be funny to let her know I was thinking of her, and then saw she just happened to show up here yesterday and post for the first time since April...right in a dull spot in puddle's long list of comments. Long enough time for her to read all of the 116 comments on the thread she had posted on plus write that comment..and then go back to being puddle. Blame it on the Turkish Delight.

Just kidding, but funny to kid her about. We miss you Sue!

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 9 months ago

MD accussed someone of having multiple online usernames? Something about pots and kettles should probably be mentioned.

sunflower_sue 4 years, 9 months ago

Note to self to stay away from RI's house this week.

I'd actually love to get some sidewalk on sale. We have none out in my neck of the woods, and I'd love to do some cycling/walking on something other than a road with cars wizzing by at 1000 miles per hour. But even on sale, I don't think I'll be able to afford it.

BTW, who is puddleglum? MD accused me of being this alter ego and before I decide yes or no, I have to know if they were witty or glum like the name.

Prospector, you should convince FS to at least put their T-shirts on sale!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 9 months ago

Attending the sidewalk sale would impinge Nude Recreation Week, so no.

blue73harley 4 years, 9 months ago

Wonder if we could get the LJW reporter to stage a shot with someone holding a can of Raid in the background?

autie 4 years, 9 months ago

I think this is the first time that we hit a flush on insectoid sunglasses

That could support the theory that they travel in packs. A flocking behavior. Wouldn't be weird if one could prove they all have the same queen?

Chris Ogle 4 years, 9 months ago

Who is paying for the Downtown Sidewalks???? That is what I thought.... No thanks, I'll walk in the grass.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 9 months ago

Blue -

I think this is the first time that we hit a flush on insectoid sunglasses. All four respondents? I don't hink that has happened before.

prospector 4 years, 9 months ago

Is Free State Beer on sale? That might change my tune.

blue73harley 4 years, 9 months ago

I am afraid I am not allowed to attend because my sunglasses are not large enough.

autie 4 years, 9 months ago

So I guess, prospector, you may go through it, or around it but not to it.

prospector 4 years, 9 months ago

I don't care if they are on sale, you end up having to sweep and shovel snow off them. No thanks

Flap Doodle 4 years, 9 months ago

Sidewalks = trade routes. Wear a protective mask.

autie 4 years, 9 months ago

From what I've heard Lawrence has a problem with selling sidewalks. Nobody wants to pay for them or shovel them. They should just forget the whole thing.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 9 months ago

"— J.T. Sellers, golf cart boy, Eudora"

Sounds like the main character in a bad Will Ferrell or Adam Sandler movie.

flux 4 years, 9 months ago

No because its on a Thursday.