Previous   Next

Do you have a pet?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 13, 2009

Browse the archives

“I have an imaginary pet — Gilbert the turtle.”

“I have many. I have seven cats, and one is pregnant.”

“A scary chihuahua named Prince. He tries to bite people.”

“We have hermit crabs, a dog and a cat.”

Comments

RoeDapple 5 years, 2 months ago

I have a cat who is very crabby that lives in the basement. His name is Marion............

jonas_opines 5 years, 2 months ago

Akate, Feanor, Osiris, Elinde, and Spare., IE

Te, Fey, Oz, Floofins, and Spare

Dayle Hodges 5 years, 2 months ago

Absolutly!! As I told my brother the other day, in this life here on earth, my best friend will ALWAYS be a dog!!

sustainabilitysister 5 years, 2 months ago

Noah, please ask your parents or guardians to spay and neuter your critters. There is a spay/neuter voucher you can get from the Lawrence Humane Society that all veterinarians in the area will accept if funds are an issue. If they have funds in this account they will normally pay for half of it. Stop those litters and neuter your critters (please). Pet overpopulation is out of control and it is preventable. We as humans have been doing a poor job in our stewardship towards our companion animals. Please help turn the statistics around. Together we can make this happen.

Peaty Romano 5 years, 2 months ago

2 dogs (Lab and Corgi), 1 cat (American longhair), 1 Amazon parrot and a Gecko Lizard. I need some fish and I'll have the whole food chain...

mrbig 5 years, 2 months ago

I have 2 blue American Pit Bull Terriers, and one giant black 90 lb mutt that we're not really sure what he is...

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 2 months ago

Deion is not my pet, he is my friend and companion. I do not own him as living, sentient being can never be owned.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 2 months ago

I think of them as associates.

truthhurts 5 years, 2 months ago

logicsound - does Jager make a weird "clicking" sound when he/she is hunting the laser?

denak 5 years, 2 months ago

I have a black and white dutch rabbit named Chris who is 9 or 10 years old. He ownes the house!

9070811 5 years, 2 months ago

I have a litter trained house rabbit! Just have to remember not leave paper on the floor or wires exposed.

truthhurts 5 years, 2 months ago

MD - yeah that first cat is pretty close. Our cats only seem to do this with the laser. I was wondering if it's because its the only thing they can't catch.

puddleglum 5 years, 2 months ago

denak, does your rabbit pay the taxes too?

lmn 5 years, 2 months ago

p>dictionary.com definition of a pet:

any domesticated or tamed animal that is kept as a companion and cared for affectionately.

Irish (Irish Swearingen) says…

denak 5 years, 2 months ago

"... I have a litter trained house rabbit..."

Wow, 9070811, how did you manage that? You are so lucky. We got our rabit from the Humane Society when he was either 3 or 4, and too old to train. If I had known then what a mess rabits make, I don't know if I would have gotten one.

".. does your rabbit pay the taxes too?..."

Are you kidding? That would mean he would have to do something other than sunbathe and eat. No, I do all the work (and pay all the taxes) and he gets all the glory!

Dena

H_Lecter 5 years, 2 months ago

Fishing line is for sissies. Real men use trimmer cord.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 2 months ago

Your "$" key is sticking, Nick. You might want to have somebody that knows about computers look into that.

Kathy Getto 5 years, 2 months ago

Three dogs, four cats, two snakes and two turtles. Our turtles love to chase the laser toy, but they don't make clicking noises.