Previous   Next

What foreign country would you like to travel to?

Asked at Boys and Girls Club, 1520 Haskell Ave. on July 6, 2009

Browse the archives

“Africa, because I’d like to just see lots of animals.”

“Australia, because it has kangaroos, and they’re awesome.”

“I would like to travel to Italy, because they have really tasty food.”

“Mexico, because there is large amount of sharks there, and I’d really like to study sharks.”

“Benin, because my family’s heritage is there.”

“Somewhere in the Middle East where it is nice and hot.”

Comments

schula 5 years, 5 months ago

Italy - to see the great artwork by Michaelangelo

grammaddy 5 years, 5 months ago

France, I have a daughter who lives in Paris.

jaywalker 5 years, 5 months ago

Peru and New Zealand are next on my list.

Schula, Do whatever it takes and get there, you'll never wanna leave! You can see David at the Academia in Florence, but whatever museums you go to make sure you buy tickets in advance on-line. Saves you hours waiting in line.

denak 5 years, 5 months ago

I'm with Shula. I want to go to Italy so badly. When I was coming back from Saudi Arabia, after Desert Storm, we stopped in Italy but we were not able to leave the airport because we were in uniform and armed. Man, here I was in the one country I wanted to visit the most, and was not able to leave. I just stood at the window the whole time. I didn't see anything except houses but at least they were Italian houses. :0)

RoeDapple 5 years, 5 months ago

Mrs Roe has been to Europe three times. I stayed home, told her if I want to see dilapidated old buildings I would go to West Bottoms in Kansas City............

Ouch! Still paying for that one.................

Music_Girl 5 years, 5 months ago

I'm with shula too...Italy is definitely the top of my list with Ireland a close 2nd.

Kathy Getto 5 years, 5 months ago

Grand Duchy of Luxembourg to visit family.

jonas_opines 5 years, 5 months ago

Italy was wonderful, of course.

Been to most of the top of the list already, with the notable exception of The top of the list, which is Japan.

Mary Darst 5 years, 5 months ago

France...Where my fathers family came from. Autie would know exactly where that is .I believe it to be in north east part of the country. Paris would be cool. And while I'm there it's just a hop to Italy. It would be wonder overload. By the way, Autie is a year older tomorrow..

RoeDapple 5 years, 5 months ago

Didn't autie have one of those last year?

gl0ck0wn3r 5 years, 5 months ago

You mean: "To which foreign country would you like to travel?" Seriously, have some pride in your work.

Boeing 5 years, 5 months ago

Italy is so incredibly overrated, I think, having been there a few times. I must say that, if I had to choose one country in Europe to go to, it would not be Italy...it would probably be Croatia.

However, of all the countries I have not been to (er, most of course), I would say...hmmm...probably something like Andorra - it intrigues me. I'd also like to go to Mongolia.

coolmom 5 years, 5 months ago

i loved england and berlin, i would like to see israel and australia. the hubby goes to israel once or twice a year on business but we have kids and so far we havent reached a point where they dont need us 24/7. one of our 16yo is going to england on saturday for 2 weeks i cant wait to have that to talk about when she comes back i am so excited for her.

dandelion 5 years, 5 months ago

All of Europe. Most parts of Latin America. Much of Asia, and definitely Australia, and the safer parts of Africa. Actually, just about any place where there isn't a war happening. My girlfriend is of the same mind, but she said she couldn't go to any strict Muslim countries. She says it would be to difficult to cover her head and act submissive.

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 5 months ago

i'm w/ oliver the 7th grader... i'd love to visit australia. or new zealand. preferably both.

sustainabilitysister 5 years, 5 months ago

Columbia and Venezuela. It's supposed to be BEAUTIFUL!

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 5 months ago

I've always wanted to view the world from the Sea of Tranquility or the slopes of Olympus Mons.

( D Rings, not out of the question )

Cait McKnelly 5 years, 5 months ago

The south and west of Ireland. Lots of rain, lots of green and lots of dolmens. If not there I'll go back to Washington/Oregon. Still get the lots of rain and lots of green. But no dolmens :( Well unless you count this: http://www.legendsofamerica.com/WA-Stonehenge.html but it's a fake.

vega 5 years, 5 months ago

Wherever I can get a decent beer :) ok, I guess Germany

riverdrifter 5 years, 5 months ago

Mongolia, one of the last best places. Hunt Altai Argali, see the country, meet the people. I wish...

Calliope877 5 years, 5 months ago

Mars...oh, wait...that's not a country...