Previous   Next

Would the U.S. Postal Service changing to deliveries five days a week put a hardship on you?

Asked at Lawrence post office, 645 Vt. on January 30, 2009

Browse the archives

“It wouldn’t be a major hardship. I’d just be disappointed.”

“It would put ultimately no hardship on me because the post office has never been able to find my mailbox at home routinely, so I have had to have a P.O. box ever since I moved to the address.”

“It would put a strain on stuff. Nothing big or important, but it’s definitely something that would cause a real kink in my schedule.”

“No, I don’t think so. I don’t think that businesswise one less day of mail delivery would have a serious impact.”

Related story

Comments

flux 5 years, 10 months ago

Hell, lets make it rwo days a week. Thats about as ofter as I check my mail anyways.

jonas_opines 5 years, 10 months ago

If you answered yes to this question, then seriously. . . . loosen up a little.

Topside 5 years, 10 months ago

Ultimately no, but it is nice to get a mailing out on saturday once in awhile. Mostly for that last minute forgotten or procrastinated about bill or card.

1bigfan 5 years, 10 months ago

If you said yes you need to throw away or beta machine, eight track tapes, and remote control with wire and wake up to modern society. The mail on saturday does not benefit anybody. Anything that goes out on saturday just sits in the post office unitl monday and business are closed so they are not going to process your payment on saturday anyway.

coolmom 5 years, 10 months ago

no big deal i would rather they drop a day then raise prices yet again.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 10 months ago

Once or twice a week would be fine with me.

A_J_Hawk 5 years, 10 months ago

Hey blue73harley,Maybe your wife would just have the fed-ex guys deliver on the mailmans days off?

lubyloo 5 years, 10 months ago

I live in the country and I think that the post office doesn't deliver to our house half the time anyway on Saturdays. You know, people that live in the country don't need their mail as much as people in the city do! But I'm not bitter about it or anything.

mcontrary 5 years, 10 months ago

No, it would be no hardship to miss Saturday mail delivery. It is long past time to stop Saturday deliveries.

rusty2 5 years, 10 months ago

home business needs mail delivery.with growth of the internet biz this is important. signature is required on many documents and not everything is done with a 'e - transaction'.

rusty2 5 years, 10 months ago

Saturday should be dropped and we could just pick it up at CHURCH after SUNDAY service like in the old daze.....LOL

Christine Pennewell Davis 5 years, 10 months ago

noticed the pop ups multi. one less day ok with me been two since I got any. Still having problems with half my mail going to texas anyway you would think that the post office could fix that but no not yet. Called went down there called my kid he has done the same down there but no still not getting all of it would not care about the junk but my last three elec. bills have went down there and for some reason my kid does not want to pay it for me hee hee.

Russell Fryberger 5 years, 10 months ago

My stimulus checks will never come on Saturday so whatever works for the post office is cool by me.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 10 months ago

M_D, my pop-up blocker on firefox is whacking down whatever the LJW is trying to use.