Previous   Next

Do you plan on watching the inauguration?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 20, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes I do … at home.”

“I sure do … probably at home or at work.”

“Yes we do, in Raleigh. We’re going home.”

“I do … (at) Varsity Blues in Topeka, Kansas. We’re having a little bash there.”

Comments

sgtwolverine 5 years, 2 months ago

"Think big, and big things will happen."Ross Perot and Ralph Nader would like to speak to you.

jimjones 5 years, 2 months ago

I was so inspired that I quit my job today so I can get welfare. I want to get free housing too...like Obama.I'm picturing Billy Ray Valentine tonight at the White House."We've got whiskey for you."

byebyeBush 5 years, 2 months ago

tunahelper is a 80 IQ retard who had sex with his dog.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 2 months ago

"I mean, the Arizona Cardinals are going to the Super Bowl!" BeaNow, that is just crazy talk.Anyhow, I was just countering those that said some of Obama's supporters do not have unrealistic expectations. Also, I don't need to go to youtube to find W. is the greatest president ever nonsense. I read the LJW commenting boards everyday.

tunahelper 5 years, 2 months ago

it's an inauguration, not the Super Bowl!

beatrice 5 years, 2 months ago

TOB, one can have unrealistic expectations and they can still come true. I mean, the Arizona Cardinals are going to the Super Bowl! Would anyone who said that at the beginning of the season -- heck, at the beginning of the playoffs -- not have been considered unreasonable? Yet there it is. Think big, and big things will happen. As far as somebody being silly on youtube, I'm sure it would be just as easy to find someone trying to say that W. was the greatest president ever! We've certainly seen that around here. A few people do not account for what the masses are thinking.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 2 months ago

"Those of us who voted for Obama have realistic expectations"Py, I get what you're saying, but I think that could have been worded better. I'm sure there are voters who have unrealistic expectations.

beatrice 5 years, 2 months ago

No, snap, with all the tears of joy from Democrats and crocodile tears from the conservatives, the oceans have not begun to go down yet.

couranna1 5 years, 2 months ago

oh yeah history is being made today

Flap Doodle 5 years, 2 months ago

Has the ocean started going down yet?

Pywacket 5 years, 2 months ago

Watched with a gathering of friends in an atmosphere of elation, relief, and anticipation! As usual, the only people making (snide) comments about supplication or expected miracles are the right wingers. Those of us who voted for Obama have realistic expectations and do not (as the wingers apparently do) view him as "the anointed" or believe he can walk on water, though I guess it's touching that you wingers seem to think so.We do not expect miracles--especially in view of the complete mess he's inheriting--but we do expect to see the kind of positive change that a capable, intelligent, thinking person can direct. It's still mind boggling that a lifelong failure whose ruination of everything else he touched somehow didn't signal to a lot of clueless voters 8 years and 4 years ago that his "leadership" would wreak similar disaster with our country. Obviously, it has and now Obama has the unenviable and monumental job of trying to effect repairs and to get us back on track. Hell, no, it won't happen overnight. Like any president, he will make some mistakes, but every indication says that his good calls will far outnumber his bad--again, in contrast with the national embarrassment who just flew off into the sunset.

mom_of_three 5 years, 2 months ago

I watched the half hour which was actually the inaugeration. Then I turned it.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 2 months ago

I figure anything that happens today at the inauguration that's worth watching will be played back on almost every station for at least a week. Without even watching it I'll have seen all the highlights.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 2 months ago

I woke this morning and realized that a new day has come. And that I had leftover biscuits and gravy in the frig.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 2 months ago

"all this fuss is going to look a little silly" - sgtLet's watch claymation penguins instead...http://www.metacafe.com/watch/369043/eskimo_disco_with_7_11_feat_pingu/

prospector 5 years, 2 months ago

Well it is on at the Free State Brewery, but they turn the sound on for KU in the Final four only, so yes, but not listening.From what I can tell, it appears, that soon to be prez Obama missed the first memo, that blue ties are the uniform of the day. It must be the ATT wireless overload in DC and his blackberry dropped signal.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 2 months ago

Nope. I was tired of the hype before the day started; I'm certainly not going to watch an entire day's worth of people telling me how this is the most historic event ever. I prefer history to tell me what's historic; I get tired of being told in advance what's historic.Personally, I don't think presidents should be so grandly celebrated until the end of their terms; if Obama turns out to be a middling or downright lousy president -- which is a possibility, as it is for every president -- all this fuss is going to look a little silly.

beatrice 5 years, 2 months ago

madmike will be "sipping" his scotch. That is rich. invictus, I see you side with the idiotic towns' folk of Blazing Saddles. Why does that not surprise me? This is a great and wonderful day! I hope the troubles ahead are not too great to overcome. Nobody is expecting miracles, but we do anticipate a new way of looking at the problems. Real Americans will be in full support of our incoming President. Yes, I will watch.

TheOriginalCA 5 years, 2 months ago

A thousand and one ways to destroy the constitution as it was originally written and initiate socialism. The irony is that Obama's supporters tout Bush of being anti-constitutional while Obama's platform is absolutely anti-constitutional. Obama has PROMISED to be unconstitutional. Red America.. here we come!!

invictus 5 years, 2 months ago

Madmike I think he is saying the president is near.

madmike 5 years, 2 months ago

MSNBC is her "news" channel? You do need mental help! I'll be watching Blazing Saddles and sipping on a single malt scotch.

lepontoon 5 years, 2 months ago

With a huge smile on my face.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 2 months ago

I will be wearing black and white celebrating penguin day while watching MSNBC, my news channel, pretty much all day long.Penguin day, wearing black and white, Obama being sworn-in. Coincidence?I think not.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 2 months ago

Happy birthday to Phil, an Everly Brother.

bndairdundat 5 years, 2 months ago

Have voted in every election since 1972. Sometimes for winners, sometimes losers. Never watch inaugurations, incredible waste of time and money. He got the job, he can punch the clock and get to work. I'll celebrate when he accomplishes something.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 2 months ago

Are you kidding?On Penguin Appreciation Day?How could anyone divert their attention from the task of penguin appreciation?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8JKay...: What do you call a penguin in the desert?A: Lost. Q: How do Penguins drink their cola?A: On the rocks. This inauguration is just as "historic" as any other in the long line of inaugurations in the past 40 some odd years that in that someone is installed in the purchased office of the Presidency.The constitution will be pulled,twisted, warped, and stretched. Eventually it will be come brittle and non-pliable, to the point at which it will tear.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 2 months ago

I'll catch a few minutes of it while I flip through channels trying to find one that isn't showing the inauguration........might be a movie night tonight.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 2 months ago

Sam Adams (Democratic mayor of Portland) will probably be too busy with other issues to watch TV today.

blue73harley 5 years, 2 months ago

Yes, I will be watching the O-nauguration while chanting and kneeling in supplication.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 2 months ago

I'll be watching Army of Darkness & thinking how much the King of the Deadites reminds me of Harry Reid.

Donnuts 5 years, 2 months ago

If my nosy neighbors shut up long enough for me to be in a good mood for it. Otherwise I think I will just boil over and foam at the mouth for a while, until it satisfies the heat (sp hate_) they create inside me.