Previous   Next

Do you plan on watching the inauguration?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 20, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes I do … at home.”

“I sure do … probably at home or at work.”

“Yes we do, in Raleigh. We’re going home.”

“I do … (at) Varsity Blues in Topeka, Kansas. We’re having a little bash there.”

Comments

Flap Doodle 5 years, 11 months ago

I'll be watching Army of Darkness & thinking how much the King of the Deadites reminds me of Harry Reid.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 11 months ago

Sam Adams (Democratic mayor of Portland) will probably be too busy with other issues to watch TV today.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 11 months ago

I'll catch a few minutes of it while I flip through channels trying to find one that isn't showing the inauguration........might be a movie night tonight.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 11 months ago

Happy birthday to Phil, an Everly Brother.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 11 months ago

I will be wearing black and white celebrating penguin day while watching MSNBC, my news channel, pretty much all day long.Penguin day, wearing black and white, Obama being sworn-in. Coincidence?I think not.

TheOriginalCA 5 years, 11 months ago

A thousand and one ways to destroy the constitution as it was originally written and initiate socialism. The irony is that Obama's supporters tout Bush of being anti-constitutional while Obama's platform is absolutely anti-constitutional. Obama has PROMISED to be unconstitutional. Red America.. here we come!!

beatrice 5 years, 11 months ago

madmike will be "sipping" his scotch. That is rich. invictus, I see you side with the idiotic towns' folk of Blazing Saddles. Why does that not surprise me? This is a great and wonderful day! I hope the troubles ahead are not too great to overcome. Nobody is expecting miracles, but we do anticipate a new way of looking at the problems. Real Americans will be in full support of our incoming President. Yes, I will watch.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 11 months ago

Nope. I was tired of the hype before the day started; I'm certainly not going to watch an entire day's worth of people telling me how this is the most historic event ever. I prefer history to tell me what's historic; I get tired of being told in advance what's historic.Personally, I don't think presidents should be so grandly celebrated until the end of their terms; if Obama turns out to be a middling or downright lousy president -- which is a possibility, as it is for every president -- all this fuss is going to look a little silly.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 11 months ago

I figure anything that happens today at the inauguration that's worth watching will be played back on almost every station for at least a week. Without even watching it I'll have seen all the highlights.

mom_of_three 5 years, 11 months ago

I watched the half hour which was actually the inaugeration. Then I turned it.

beatrice 5 years, 11 months ago

No, snap, with all the tears of joy from Democrats and crocodile tears from the conservatives, the oceans have not begun to go down yet.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 11 months ago

"Those of us who voted for Obama have realistic expectations"Py, I get what you're saying, but I think that could have been worded better. I'm sure there are voters who have unrealistic expectations.

beatrice 5 years, 11 months ago

TOB, one can have unrealistic expectations and they can still come true. I mean, the Arizona Cardinals are going to the Super Bowl! Would anyone who said that at the beginning of the season -- heck, at the beginning of the playoffs -- not have been considered unreasonable? Yet there it is. Think big, and big things will happen. As far as somebody being silly on youtube, I'm sure it would be just as easy to find someone trying to say that W. was the greatest president ever! We've certainly seen that around here. A few people do not account for what the masses are thinking.

tunahelper 5 years, 11 months ago

it's an inauguration, not the Super Bowl!

sgtwolverine 5 years, 11 months ago

"Think big, and big things will happen."Ross Perot and Ralph Nader would like to speak to you.