Previous   Next

What was your most unique pet?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 3, 2009

Browse the archives

“It’s a chinchilla. I was going to raise a coat.”

“Baby Jersey calves (because) they’re so cute.”

“Sam the goldfish … jumped out of the tank … into a garbage can and didn’t survive.”

“Sabrina, my dog. She is 4 pounds and she’s wild, and she jumps all over.”

Comments

dminear60 5 years, 6 months ago

The dust bunnies that live under my bed.

BrianR 5 years, 6 months ago

Multidisciplinary (Anonymous) says… "(Can we keep people as pets?)"This may help to answer that one:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7204543.stm

jonas_opines 5 years, 6 months ago

Truthfully, Sabrina sounds like a pretty common 4 pound dog.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 6 months ago

When I was six, I thought I had a turtle that slept all the time. Turned out my parents had given me a rock.

mom_of_three 5 years, 6 months ago

My most unusual pet was a horse. And I had a younger sister that used to follow me everywhere like a puppy dog.

trinity 5 years, 6 months ago

lemur. hands down. ;) never did get in to the ranchin' end of things, tho. lilly lemur did not wish to breed.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 6 months ago

A gecko. Sadly, it didn't have a British accent ... but that was also probably a good thing, since it didn't try to sell me insurance.

BigPrune 5 years, 6 months ago

A Tarsier until it committed suicide. -They actually commit suicide in captivity, no joke. They bang their heads into the cage until they die. Not really serious about having one as a pet though.Here's a mislabeled film of a Tarsier. This is NOT a Lemur.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTMf40...

Deja Coffin 5 years, 6 months ago

A baby red-ear slider turtle that turned into a massive beast of a turtle. I miss my shelly!

MsMegsy 5 years, 6 months ago

Well - my husband is my most unusual pet! But HE once had a hedgehog for about 3 years!!

sunflower_sue 5 years, 6 months ago

I've had a few unusual pet peeves.

denak 5 years, 6 months ago

Rats...... I don't know how "unique" they are but they are great pets. Unlike hamsters(especially female hamsters) they don't bite. They are incrediably intelligent animals, very social and just really playful, sweet animals.

rubberband 5 years, 6 months ago

dajudge--No pet rock to go with that stick?

coolmom 5 years, 6 months ago

kids, iguanas, dogs, fish, pigeon, cockatiel, various assorted bugs and small creatures dragged in by the kids and the hubby.

Calliope877 5 years, 6 months ago

denak,I agree! I love rats. I used to have a couple. They were very sweet and cuddley! :)

George_Braziller 5 years, 6 months ago

When I was in third grade it was a salamander that my dad found while he was working on a plumbing project. He brought it home to show us and I decided to keep it. I named it "Zachary" and kept it for a couple of years before I let it go.

merrywidow033 5 years, 6 months ago

how exactly does one manage a golf club? unless someone is swinging it, don't they pretty much just sit there? wah-wah-wah!!!!

waydownsouth 5 years, 6 months ago

Had a pet snake once. Stayed to itself didn't bother anyone. Didn't have to walk it or give it food everyday or listen to chatter.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago

Py,Beef-eating newts and hair-tethered flies.And I thought the grammarian was scary.,;-D

renegade 5 years, 6 months ago

I never had a unique pet,,, but,,, OMG, Sabrina is just SMOKIN' HOT!!!!!!! I swear I saw her at the 'Bird',,, or Baby Dolls! LJW, do have her last name?

devobrun 5 years, 6 months ago

Unique: definition is one-of-a-kind. Singular. Without duplicate.Unusual: definition is rarely found. Non-typical. Odd.Are you asking about a one-of-a-kind pet? Or are you misusing a word?If the poor understanding of English was the only erroneous reportage, then oh well.However, sloppy use of the language is also accompanied by articles in this paper that show the inability to understand science, engineering, and definitions of many things. Tighten it up LJW.

renegade 5 years, 6 months ago

Hey devobrun, why don't you just go to your Mensa society gathering.

renegade 5 years, 6 months ago

Uhmmm, instead of 'Sebrina' being hot, I meant to say "Tracy" is hot. My bad.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago

devo: "Tighten it up LJW." Lighten it up, devo. ,;-) renegade: "Uhmmm, instead of 'Sebrina' being hot, I meant to say “Tracy” is hot. My bad." Yeah... yeah... yeah... next it'll be Conk. .;-D

dajudge 5 years, 6 months ago

rubberband--I did have a pet rock with my pet stick, but I had to hide the key under it, so they didn't get to play together.

rubberband 5 years, 6 months ago

That just brings tears to my eyes. I am so sorry! :(

yellowhouse 5 years, 6 months ago

I had a spider monkeySeveral O'PossumsA pet Pig named Saraha nest of baby grackelsand a pet goat.Cant decide which was more wierd!