Previous   Next

Do you have a new or favorite Web site?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on February 27, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes, I joined Facebook this week. I have seven friends. … I thought, ‘Old people can be on Facebook, too.’”

“Twitter.com … there’s some funny celebrities on there and I have a few friends on there.”

“There is a Web site called ‘Press Press Press’ that advertises small pressings and publications throughout the United States.”

“Formula1.com. Good racing, the best in the world, so that’s keeping me entertained. The season starts in about a month.”

Comments

Mixolydian 5 years, 1 month ago

I love the sadtrombone posted earlier. It's now in my favorites. You never know when you'll find yourself in a situation that demands the sad trombone.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 1 month ago

Snap -

Can you double time that order of lemur pelts? We have a bit of snow up here and I forgot that I don't have any insulated codpieces anymore.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 1 month ago

Wow, more failed forums of the future from the Beast with Nine Fingers.

Marion Lynn 5 years, 1 month ago

The_Original_Bob (Anonymous) says…

“notlarryville.com

I'm told this one is under construction.” Marion

Did you tell that one to yourself? What ever happened to that Other Site?

Marion writes;

In the world of Obamaramalamadingdong (Dot Com), who knows what dreams may come?

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 1 month ago

"notlarryville.com

I'm told this one is under construction." Marion

Did you tell that one to yourself? What ever happened to that Other Site?

Marion Lynn 5 years, 1 month ago

notlarryville.com

I'm told this one is under construction.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 1 month ago

d_prow, let's play!

somedude20, The fish sandwich inside the double cheese burger made me laugh out loud. And then I read it was a chicken sandwich inside, which I didn't find funny at all. I had to stop, the chicken fried bacon with gravy manged to make my tummy interested. :)

Pink_Sock 5 years, 1 month ago

p>www.somethingawful.com Check out todays Photoshop Phriday and the archives for some good laughs.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 1 month ago

How about an OTS asking what place has the most livable/likable climate?

I'm tired of shivering while wondering if the CA seller will bother to install the CA unit this year..in time.

jayhawkerincali 5 years, 1 month ago

Oh, I'm also quite a fan of quakes.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm

Continuous updates on earthquakes. I'm obsessed with tracking them because somehow it eases my unnatural fear of them.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 1 month ago

Last night I checked out the website for the restaurant my kid bartended at. They have a calendar, and you can view photos taken on that day. (not every day). Fun to look at. Enlightening. Good to see she's usually too drunk to drive home after work, but does anyway Yes, quite a nice profession she has.

(Can we pass a law for retroactive abortions?)

:-|

iplaysupernintendo 5 years, 1 month ago

great art at: www.explodingdog.com

no, it's not actually an exploding dog.

notnowdear 5 years, 1 month ago

It is kind of foolish to put yourself out there on facebook or myspace. The implications of doing something like that are deep and wide.

My favorite site: http://www.doodie.com LOL, not really. But I am not going to tell my favorite site. Oh yes I am: http://www.eurekalert.org/pubnews.php This is kind of a kissmyarsemediaoutlets_Iamgoingtofindmyownnews_insteadoflettingyoucherrypickwhaticanandcannotknow kind of thing.

Newell_Post 5 years, 1 month ago

The BBC has the best news website in the whole world.

www.bbc.co.uk

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 1 month ago

Thanks Prospector......that should be WEST of the Mississippi! See how shaken I was by this question. This is what happens when I don't have my bourbon handy.

rusty2 5 years, 1 month ago

www.blackle.com

saves energy

jonas_opines 5 years, 1 month ago

I recall Christian Okoye being fast on Super Tecmo Bowl, but nowhere near as fast as Lawrence Taylor, who was faster than all the running backs.

prospector 5 years, 1 month ago

Tom,

Go west young man. Are you projecting yourself as far from hollywierd as you can, only to end up closer to Washington?

tempting_butnothanks 5 years, 1 month ago

i'd have to say xtube.com or redtube.com. both are terrific at showing an amazing cross-section of American life.

Tom Shewmon 5 years, 1 month ago

What are trying to say, LJW? Don't you love us anymore? Are you feeling insecure? I love you LJW on-line. You provide me with the best entertainment east of the Mississippi. You are my all time favorite! Tom + LJW= Forever.

bombshell 5 years, 1 month ago

p>stumbleupon.com find cool stuff/sites based on your interests or things you search for... the sites with higher votes come up first (kind of like digg.com but cooler)

BorderRat 5 years, 1 month ago

Multi, the RMN went out just a month shy of their 150th birthday.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 1 month ago

I'm on burrillstrong.com ALL THE TIME. It's AMAZING.

Seriously? The site I visit most often is MGoBlog, a blog about University of Michigan sports. It has limited appeal on this site, but it's what I visit the most.

Facebook and xkcd are other regular destinations of mine.

TecmoSuperBowlChristianOkoye 5 years, 1 month ago

"xbusguy (Anonymous) says…”Of the four shown above, three of the four live outside of Lawrence.”"

When they interview you they ask for your hometown. I think most people consider this to mean where you were born, not where you live now. Or at least I did and other people I know that have been interviewed did based on their answers.

ms_canada 5 years, 1 month ago

Did my joining have something to do with that??? Say there snap - are you taking those lemurs to the game tonight? Aeros vs Hogs. Should be a good game.

flux 5 years, 1 month ago

Facebook just officially became uncool

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 1 month ago

I like OTS like this one. Good to bookmark, and check out during the dull times.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 1 month ago

BorderRat, You be sure and hang onto that copy. Keep it safe. In 100 yrs, there will be only..saaaay....75,000 of them tucked away in attics and basements. It might be worth something. Like Beanie Babies.

;)

Can you imagine how the worries spiked the sales of liquor, antacids and xanex around that area? A good time to own the bar next door to the offices..that is until, tomorrow.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 1 month ago

I am currently building statues of Ben H. Barteldes in his honor. That LTE is the river of life for comedy.

ms_canada 5 years, 1 month ago

Of facebook and mySpace, I prefer mySpace. Why??? because of the blogs. I just joined facebook and have yet to find a place to post blogs. Some of my "friends" on mySpace have some very interesting blogs. One friend writes very nice poetry that I find a joy to read. facebook just seems to be a page for idle chit chat. Plus funny pictures. If you want to see some pix of my crazy cat, check out Lee Waluk. Check the comments that go with the pix. Of course, to see the pix, you have to join facebook. Unless you already have a wall. One thing about facebook that is good is the chat box.

Tony Kisner 5 years, 1 month ago

Andini,

My nephew was talking about how much he hated playing high school football the other day. I started to laugh.

A classic never to be forgotten.

BorderRat 5 years, 1 month ago

Multi - Got the last issue delivered in my driveway this morning. Guess I'm stuck with the Post now.

Norma Jeane Baker 5 years, 1 month ago

Don't worry, Multi. If we get all those holes in the internet, Al Gore will fix it. He invented it; he can make it better!

couranna1 5 years, 1 month ago

Facebook is cool. I like being able to keep in toch with folks from college and it allows you a way to find them and chat. But eventually the phone is a better way. I also like espn and moveon.org

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 1 month ago

(LJW really needs to add a hyperlink feature so we can mask the url!)

cthulhu_4_president 5 years, 1 month ago

p>upcominghorrormovies.com -For all your latest underground horror releases and crappy Hollywood remakes (Child's Play this year!! Woo hoo!)

p>randi.org -James Randi Educational Foundation. Think your psychic? Think you can prove the existance of the paranormal/occult/qi/psi/whatever? Then James Randi has $1,000,000 for you!

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 1 month ago

Rocky Mountain News. (Seriously, I read them nearly everyday) http://www.rockymountainnews.com/

I know, I'm screwed.

:-(

BTW, When they shut down..all those internet pages that they post, and then people repost and forward...that's a lot of cyber-stuff.

Does this make the internet like..Swiss Cheese? Will there now be tiny holes, throughout the web, that will now unsettle the mass? Will it cause a internet sinkholes? I've posted links on LJW from there..can the LJW server handle this Rocky Mountain Whey?

BABBOY 5 years, 1 month ago

Rivals.com

I waste way to much time on it.

parrotuya 5 years, 1 month ago

p>consumerist.com is keeping them honest!

ThatGirl2 5 years, 1 month ago

www.wwtdd.com

www.thesuperficial.com

somedude20 5 years, 1 month ago

Love it or hate it but you will never forget it: http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 1 month ago

This OTS is just asking for mutliple violations of the user agreement.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 1 month ago

Fort- I missed the tour... I guess.

Fort_Aubrey 5 years, 1 month ago

xbusguy (Anonymous) says…"Of the four shown above, three of the four live outside of Lawrence."

Get used to it. Lawrence is a tourist town. Lawrence has long lived off of the sales tax collections, rent-payments, and tuition of outsiders.

All the property-taxes-are-too-high crowd have had it a lot better than they know.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 1 month ago

cheesemaking_and_taxidermy dot com They're running a special on gouda and stoats.

Omegatron 5 years, 1 month ago

p>cnet.com - for software

p>Espn.com - for sports news p>Youtube.com - for music videos and stuff

Chris Ogle 5 years, 1 month ago

blue73harley 5 years, 1 month ago

You mean there is something out there BESIDES the LJW.com?!