Previous   Next

Do you have a new or favorite Web site?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on February 27, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes, I joined Facebook this week. I have seven friends. … I thought, ‘Old people can be on Facebook, too.’”

“Twitter.com … there’s some funny celebrities on there and I have a few friends on there.”

“There is a Web site called ‘Press Press Press’ that advertises small pressings and publications throughout the United States.”

“Formula1.com. Good racing, the best in the world, so that’s keeping me entertained. The season starts in about a month.”

Comments

Chris Ogle 6 years, 1 month ago

Omegatron 6 years, 1 month ago

p>cnet.com - for software

p>Espn.com - for sports news p>Youtube.com - for music videos and stuff

Flap Doodle 6 years, 1 month ago

cheesemaking_and_taxidermy dot com They're running a special on gouda and stoats.

Fort_Aubrey 6 years, 1 month ago

xbusguy (Anonymous) says…"Of the four shown above, three of the four live outside of Lawrence."

Get used to it. Lawrence is a tourist town. Lawrence has long lived off of the sales tax collections, rent-payments, and tuition of outsiders.

All the property-taxes-are-too-high crowd have had it a lot better than they know.

cthulhu_4_president 6 years, 1 month ago

p>upcominghorrormovies.com -For all your latest underground horror releases and crappy Hollywood remakes (Child's Play this year!! Woo hoo!)

p>randi.org -James Randi Educational Foundation. Think your psychic? Think you can prove the existance of the paranormal/occult/qi/psi/whatever? Then James Randi has $1,000,000 for you!

BorderRat 6 years, 1 month ago

Multi - Got the last issue delivered in my driveway this morning. Guess I'm stuck with the Post now.

Tony Kisner 6 years, 1 month ago

Andini,

My nephew was talking about how much he hated playing high school football the other day. I started to laugh.

A classic never to be forgotten.

ms_canada 6 years, 1 month ago

Of facebook and mySpace, I prefer mySpace. Why??? because of the blogs. I just joined facebook and have yet to find a place to post blogs. Some of my "friends" on mySpace have some very interesting blogs. One friend writes very nice poetry that I find a joy to read. facebook just seems to be a page for idle chit chat. Plus funny pictures. If you want to see some pix of my crazy cat, check out Lee Waluk. Check the comments that go with the pix. Of course, to see the pix, you have to join facebook. Unless you already have a wall. One thing about facebook that is good is the chat box.

flux 6 years, 1 month ago

Facebook just officially became uncool

ms_canada 6 years, 1 month ago

Did my joining have something to do with that??? Say there snap - are you taking those lemurs to the game tonight? Aeros vs Hogs. Should be a good game.

TecmoSuperBowlChristianOkoye 6 years, 1 month ago

"xbusguy (Anonymous) says…”Of the four shown above, three of the four live outside of Lawrence.”"

When they interview you they ask for your hometown. I think most people consider this to mean where you were born, not where you live now. Or at least I did and other people I know that have been interviewed did based on their answers.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 1 month ago

I'm on burrillstrong.com ALL THE TIME. It's AMAZING.

Seriously? The site I visit most often is MGoBlog, a blog about University of Michigan sports. It has limited appeal on this site, but it's what I visit the most.

Facebook and xkcd are other regular destinations of mine.

BorderRat 6 years, 1 month ago

Multi, the RMN went out just a month shy of their 150th birthday.

bombshell 6 years, 1 month ago

p>stumbleupon.com find cool stuff/sites based on your interests or things you search for... the sites with higher votes come up first (kind of like digg.com but cooler)

jonas_opines 6 years, 1 month ago

I recall Christian Okoye being fast on Super Tecmo Bowl, but nowhere near as fast as Lawrence Taylor, who was faster than all the running backs.

Newell_Post 6 years, 1 month ago

The BBC has the best news website in the whole world.

www.bbc.co.uk

jayhawkerincali 6 years, 1 month ago

Oh, I'm also quite a fan of quakes.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm

Continuous updates on earthquakes. I'm obsessed with tracking them because somehow it eases my unnatural fear of them.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 1 month ago

Wow, more failed forums of the future from the Beast with Nine Fingers.

Mixolydian 6 years, 1 month ago

I love the sadtrombone posted earlier. It's now in my favorites. You never know when you'll find yourself in a situation that demands the sad trombone.