Previous   Next

Have you made any summer vacation plans?

Asked at Wayne & Larry’s Sports Bar, 933 S. Iowa on February 23, 2009

Browse the archives

“Tentatively, we’re going to be going to Colorado.”

“Yes, we have. We’re going to do Texas to see grandchildren and then probably Costa Rica.”

“Just softball tournaments with my daughter. (We’re) going to Colorado and possibly Virginia.”

“Yes. I’m going to Chicago. I go up there every year.”

Comments

sgtwolverine 6 years, 4 months ago

What is this "summer" to which they refer? I'm not sure I'm familiar with that.

Omegatron 6 years, 4 months ago

I plan to be sitting on a beach earning 10%...

grammaddy 6 years, 4 months ago

Can't wait to hop a train to see my sister for the first time in about 30 years.

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 4 months ago

nope, nope and more nope. I am not big on road trips and hubby loves them plus work always seems to get in the way never seems both of us can get same time off or free. Oh well it is never really a vacation if you think about it. My dad always says getting home is the best part.

trinity 6 years, 4 months ago

i can see me booking a tour of the lemur ranch. but only if there is nightly entertainment offered.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 4 months ago

I've signed on to work a prairie squid drive to Montana. Most likely, I'll wind up riding drag (which is not the same thing as riding in drag).

preebo 6 years, 4 months ago

Taking the wife and kids to see family back home in So. Cal., possibly to Disneyland and then to Seaworld to show them why Daddy moved out of that concrete jungle complete with plastic trees the first chance he got.

Mary Darst 6 years, 4 months ago

I plan on not having to be around 600 middle school students. I believe I will buy a fishing license, go camping and fishing with my husband and dogs. May go to the lake for the whole summer.

jonas_opines 6 years, 4 months ago

"I believe I will buy a fishing license, go camping and fishing with my husband and dogs."

Are they the bait you're using?

reanne 6 years, 4 months ago

My husband and I are going to Colorado next week. And he will be going to Colorado again in August, and I will be going to New York in September for the first time. ;)

Trobs 6 years, 4 months ago

Same thing I do every summer.

Rotate the supplies in my bunker for the coming zombie apocalypse.

Chris Ogle 6 years, 4 months ago

uh- I think I will just mow this year. Gas is cheaper you know.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 4 months ago

trinity, there's entertainment of one sort or another every night on the lemur ranch.

ms_canada 6 years, 4 months ago

Never mind summer, I need to get out of here right now. The darn white stuff is coming down again this morning. I am sick of shovelling it. Would there be anyone down south who could invite me for a visit? Besides my sister that is. San Diego is nice and warm, I hear.

wifemotherslave 6 years, 4 months ago

Vacation is out of the question for us, in this failing economy my hubs has been laid off and all of our vacation money is now grocery money.

sunflower_sue 6 years, 4 months ago

snap, you're driving squids dressed as a woman? Interesting. Let me know when you pass through KS and I'll come share your campfire.

Ms_C, I always have an extra bed, but I can't say as KS is much warmer than Alberta!

mom_of_three 6 years, 4 months ago

Vacation - not in those words. Going to Colorado for a family wedding, and traveling for kids' sports this summer to Texas. But a vacation per se? Uh, no.

ms_canada 6 years, 4 months ago

but a Band of Pirates sounds like more fun. I read about a lady pirate down off the coast of Virginia a few years back. She seemed to have a great deal of fun.

labmonkey 6 years, 4 months ago

Mickey is one cool cat...a real nice guy.

I will be working a ton of OT and since my wife is in school, there will be no vacation.

John Hamm 6 years, 4 months ago

I'll take all the money I'll get from the "stimulus plan" and buy something from one of the Dollar menus available.

Deja Coffin 6 years, 4 months ago

We're packing up my grandma and taking her to Branson for a small vacation with the kids. If we don't drive eachother nuts, we might just go to South Carolina to visit her family.

Shane Garrett 6 years, 4 months ago

Only 400$ by air and a hook up once on the Island and Jamacia bound, man! The food grows on the trees. The fish come from the sea. God provides everything. So I be just sunning on the beach.

ms_canada 6 years, 4 months ago

Well, if I did head south, I think there would be lots of places that would welcome me. But who would feed the rabbits in my back yard. I just can't abandon them right now. And the squirrel is back also. He is a might early this year. He needs his peanuts. Oh well, I got a nice fire going in the great room, so things are looking better. Thanks sue and pywacket.

Kyle Neuer 6 years, 4 months ago

Jazzfest in New Orleans the end of April and Alaska in July(probably).