Previous   Next

Are you going to watch the Oscars?

Asked at La Prima Tazza, 638 Mass. on February 22, 2009

Browse the archives

“No, I don’t. I don’t have cable.”

“Absolutely. We have a big party planned with lots of friends, and the theme is ‘wearing fur.’”

“Definitely. It’s a social gathering with girlfriends and good times.”

“Yes, for the clothes alone.”

Related story

Comments

Flap Doodle 5 years, 10 months ago

The Animal Channel is doing a "Marmots on a Hovercraft" marathon.

grammaddy 5 years, 10 months ago

Wouldn't miss it. We even get dressed up and roll out the red carpet(it's really a carpet runner but don't tell the kids) and make big fun of it.

jonas_opines 5 years, 10 months ago

Nah, I had my fill of over-inflated egos getting busted by crushing defeat while watching Cookie Miller get held to two points in yesterday's game.

trinity 5 years, 10 months ago

nahhhhhh...just not in to the oscar thing. snap what time does the marmots on a hovercraft program begin??? i'm calling all my friends&family over for a viewing party! :)

labmonkey 5 years, 10 months ago

Bring out the cans of cockroach spray.

rusty2 5 years, 10 months ago

yes the Thalberg Awards are one of the best traditions from Hollywood.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 10 months ago

Okay, so I think Judy is just way too into the Oscars but good for her. It better be a Faux Fur party!!! I doubt I'll watch it but maybe on commercials from other shows. Or I'll have it on while reading.

beatrice 5 years, 10 months ago

Yes, but if A, B, and C must declare that their sexuality and gender are in question if they watch the Oscars, then that pretty much proves they actually are gay and are desperate to hide it.

madmike, I recommend that you go live in a cave with Osama bin Laden. That way you wouldn't have to deal with American movies, music, books, art of any kind, and fashion, and you could sit around with a bunch of men and badmouth liberal America. That way you could truly be happy with your miserable self while enjoying the company of those who share your views.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 5 years, 10 months ago

I was going to watch but I decided to poke myself in the eye with a hot poker and get the pain over with more quickly.

jonas_opines 5 years, 10 months ago

p-riapism: Your mind failed to grasp the humor in a post and went directly into insult mode.

beatrice 5 years, 10 months ago

p_r, I would always come to your mother's defense, whether she lives in Arizona or not.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 10 months ago

"I'm tired of these **ing marmots on this **ing hovercraft!"

Omegatron 5 years, 10 months ago

"Are you going to watch the Oscars?"

Are you going to pay me? I'll watch if there's something in it for me. If not...

George_Braziller 5 years, 10 months ago

I've tried to watch the Oscar's in the past but it honestly bores me to death. It's like watching paint dry because you think it will never end.

beatrice 5 years, 10 months ago

p-r, so you are telling me that instead of grieving you are surfing the net so you can make stupid digs about others. Sure. I believe you.

beatrice 5 years, 10 months ago

madmike is one of those self-important neo-conservatives who hates just about everybody. By the way, mikey, did you hear that Sean Penn won an Oscar for playing a gay guy? I'll bet that just makes you so mad. Seriously, don't you find it at least a little interesting their you and Osama bin Laden share a hatred for liberal America? I'm sure Osama wouldn't be happy with Sean Penn's movie, and I'm sure you aren't too. You guys could be brothers.

killjoy 5 years, 10 months ago

beatrice, you are one pathetic piece of work.

beatrice 5 years, 10 months ago

killjoy, somebody tries to call me a fat lesbian and I call him on it, yet I'm the pathetic one? Um, whatever.