Previous   Next

Have you received your Kansas state tax refund yet?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on February 18, 2009

Browse the archives

“No, I have not because we haven’t filed yet.”

“No. I haven’t filed. We normally pay.”

“Not yet, but I have filed.”

“No. I filed about three weeks ago.”

Comments

ohjayhawk 5 years, 10 months ago

No, but that's probably because I don't live in Kansas anymore.

another_concerned_parent 5 years, 10 months ago

I agree, blue73harley. We always have to pay the state due to KPERS being taxed by the state, but not the feds.

mom_of_three 5 years, 10 months ago

We have owed state for years, no matter what we try, and now KPERS made it worse. We just file and pay on the last day

ms_canada 5 years, 10 months ago

Do you folks have to file two tax forms each year? State and federal? We only file one form and that covers both Provincial and Federal. Thank goodness for the person who initiated that in the first place. Less trouble and work for us. Just a thought from this Canadian. It might prove very interesting to compare your tax forms and ours. You know, the deductions and such. Like how much you can deduct for each child and your spouse, work clothing and other work related expenses, charitable donations and the like. Just a thought.

5 years, 10 months ago

If you are a KPERS member and are having to pay in state tax, adjust your W-4 form. Kansas has had their own form since 1.1.2008 so that you CAN claim a different filing status than you do for the feds.

Now, if Kansas would get around to adjusting the withholding tables maybe we wouldn't have such a problem, they've been the same since 1999!

sgtwolverine 5 years, 10 months ago

ms_c, I like to keep as much separation between state and local governments as I can. I can deal with two different tax forms.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 10 months ago

Haven't filed yet. Our tax guy will get my forms to me last minute, and I will mail them last minute. I love the drama of it all.

Ceallach 5 years, 10 months ago

Nope. Haven't filed yet. So I only had a single coronary when the news about tax returns and state paychecks came across the wires. Across the campus there was wailing and gnashing of teeth :)

Chris Ogle 5 years, 10 months ago

Have you received your Kansas state tax refund yet?

Nope, didn't get one from KU either.

pissedinlawrence 5 years, 10 months ago

As a married couple, Both working, we are getting $4.00 from the state. Thanks alot Kansas.

ClearSkies 5 years, 10 months ago

I should get it on friday.. doubt that's going to happen though.