Previous   Next

Have you received your Kansas state tax refund yet?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on February 18, 2009

Browse the archives

“No, I have not because we haven’t filed yet.”

“No. I haven’t filed. We normally pay.”

“Not yet, but I have filed.”

“No. I filed about three weeks ago.”

Comments

ClearSkies 5 years, 2 months ago

I should get it on friday.. doubt that's going to happen though.

pissedinlawrence 5 years, 2 months ago

As a married couple, Both working, we are getting $4.00 from the state. Thanks alot Kansas.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 2 months ago

Have you received your Kansas state tax refund yet?

Nope, didn't get one from KU either.

edjayhawk 5 years, 2 months ago

dude i have never once in my life filed taxes.

Why should he pay? Corporate America doesn't

Ceallach 5 years, 2 months ago

Nope. Haven't filed yet. So I only had a single coronary when the news about tax returns and state paychecks came across the wires. Across the campus there was wailing and gnashing of teeth :)

sunflower_sue 5 years, 2 months ago

Haven't filed yet. Our tax guy will get my forms to me last minute, and I will mail them last minute. I love the drama of it all.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 2 months ago

"We only file one form and that covers both Provincial and Federal. Thank goodness for the person who initiated that in the first place. Less trouble and work for us." - ms_c

Attaching your Provincial form to your Federal form is not two forms?
You just write one check.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 2 months ago

ms_c, I like to keep as much separation between state and local governments as I can. I can deal with two different tax forms.

madmike 5 years, 2 months ago

WAKA1 - THAT IS BECAUSE YOUR WORTHLESS BUTT NEVER JAD A JOB!

waka1 5 years, 2 months ago

dude i have never once in my life filed taxs

ArumerZwarteHoop 5 years, 2 months ago

I haven't got it yet, but am spending this weekend in K.C., MO.

madmike 5 years, 2 months ago

Yep, got it and spent it outside Larryville! I don't like to support socialism!

5 years, 2 months ago

If you are a KPERS member and are having to pay in state tax, adjust your W-4 form. Kansas has had their own form since 1.1.2008 so that you CAN claim a different filing status than you do for the feds.

Now, if Kansas would get around to adjusting the withholding tables maybe we wouldn't have such a problem, they've been the same since 1999!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 2 months ago

Mrs C, Before the Lincoln administration, we had no Federal income tax.
The decline of States rights, and the associated bloating of the Federal government started there.

blue73harley 5 years, 2 months ago

R_I - Jeez, I hadn't even thought about that! Oh well, with this economy, I think we will be working longer than I expected. Heck, I might still be commuting when they complete the SLT!

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 2 months ago

Ms_C Here is the link to the IRS. You can see the forms online. Good luck, many Americans have no idea what they mean.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 2 months ago

Blue, Remember though, that when your spousal unit starts drawing KPERS retirement benefits, they will not be considered taxable income on your state return, but will have to be included as taxable on your federal return.
They get you coming or going... And sometimes both directions.

ms_canada 5 years, 2 months ago

Do you folks have to file two tax forms each year? State and federal? We only file one form and that covers both Provincial and Federal. Thank goodness for the person who initiated that in the first place. Less trouble and work for us. Just a thought from this Canadian. It might prove very interesting to compare your tax forms and ours. You know, the deductions and such. Like how much you can deduct for each child and your spouse, work clothing and other work related expenses, charitable donations and the like. Just a thought.

prospector 5 years, 2 months ago

Just a fiddling while Rome is burning.

thanks

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 2 months ago

Tomorrow's question, asked at the Arts Center...

What do you think of the new crossing light at the Arts Center?

mom_of_three 5 years, 2 months ago

We have owed state for years, no matter what we try, and now KPERS made it worse. We just file and pay on the last day

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 2 months ago

Two dead OTS questions in a row.

But here's some good news..did you all see that mom_of_three won the LJW: New KS Slogan contest last night?

I wonder what she won, Jonathan wasn't telling..that, or he hadn't figured it out yet, lol.

Jonathan, you're not still handing out Bucky's free cone coupons are you? Free game pass at Putt-Putt? ,;-)

another_concerned_parent 5 years, 2 months ago

I agree, blue73harley. We always have to pay the state due to KPERS being taxed by the state, but not the feds.

blue73harley 5 years, 2 months ago

Thanks to KPERS, we never get a refund and usually have to pay a penalty so I file as late as I can.

KPERS contributions are not taxed by the Feds but ya have to add them back in on your State income tax. Makes no sense to me but that is how it is.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 2 months ago

The biscuit deduction is taken care of early in the year in the Bob household. However, that is usually offset by the slander jelly tax.

autie 5 years, 2 months ago

TOB, did you get to qualify for the biscuit deduction? Apparently I didn't meet the threshold amounts again this year.

ohjayhawk 5 years, 2 months ago

No, but that's probably because I don't live in Kansas anymore.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 2 months ago

I called the state and they said the check was in the mail. That was three weeks ago.

autie 5 years, 2 months ago

Or conversely, Have you paid you state tax yet? No.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 2 months ago

The President silently issues several executive orders, after touting a new era of transparency, and we are asked a question about a refund from excessive prepayments to the State?