Previous   Next

Which KU-KSU matchup matters more: football or basketball?

Asked at Kansas Union, 1301 Jayhawk Blvd. on February 14, 2009

Browse the archives

“I would definitely say basketball. … It’s a lot more intense and personal. Basketball was invented at Kansas.”

“Basketball. We (our family) are basketball people.”

“It’s gotta be basketball because KU is so big into basketball.”

“Football because they (KSU) think they’re so good and they’re not.”

Comments

looza 5 years, 10 months ago

GIRLS SOFTBALL........... have you been to a game? It can get pretty vicious out there.

jonas_opines 5 years, 10 months ago

Basketball wasn't invented at Kansas, the guy who invented it wrapped up his career at Kansas.

For KSU, probably football right now. If K-State gets a couple more B-Ball wins in the next years that might change, but the basketball matchup is too lopsided and the football one is a little more even right now. But all things change.

Fugu 5 years, 10 months ago

I'm really curious what a soda fountain manager is....

sgtwolverine 5 years, 10 months ago

Prospector, I think that's called "flagrant foul."

riverdrifter 5 years, 10 months ago

Football, for now. I want Bill Snyder to have his nose rubbed in it for his duration. Basketball may not have been actually 'invented' at KU but early on it was perfected there -and at Baker. In 1907 the Baker Wildcats took the train from Baldwin to Lawrence to play KU. Baker won 39-24. Who were the head coaches of these two teams? James Naismith and Forrest 'Phog' Allen.

Omegatron 5 years, 10 months ago

Basketball wasn't invented here, it was improved and perfected here.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 10 months ago

I say football because that's when we could finally brag about both sports. I'm so glad I don't have to say, "just wait until basketball season," anymore!