Previous   Next

Do you have plans for Valentine’s Day?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on February 9, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes, sir. I’ve planned a romantic evening with the old lady.”

“No, because I’m happily divorced, and I kind of enjoy not having plans this time of year.”

“Not at the moment, but hopefully someone special will ask me to do something.”

“No, because I am going through a divorce.”

Comments

KSChick1 6 years, 2 months ago

I plan on pretending it's not Valentines Day.

Chris Ogle 6 years, 2 months ago

Maybe next year, when I have time to plan.

labmonkey 6 years, 2 months ago

labmonkey 6 years, 2 months ago

A jewelry commercial R_I??? My wife even hates jewelry commercials.

John Hamm 6 years, 2 months ago

Just listening to my ex-wife and family laughing at me.

alm77 6 years, 2 months ago

This is one of the funniest OTSs in a while! Part of our plans include watching Say Anything. I've never seen it (so I need to correct that cultural deficiency) and it's one of the few romances that my husband actually likes.

salad 6 years, 2 months ago

To join all the other lemmings and buy into the whole card industry marketing fiesta? I make fun, but yeah......I'm gonna join in : (

sgtwolverine 6 years, 2 months ago

Yes, I have plans for The Most Obnoxious "Holiday" Ever: I plan to ignore it.

oldvet 6 years, 2 months ago

draught specialist...??? Is that the new PC term for "beer drinker"?

EasilyAmused 6 years, 2 months ago

Watching the KU KState game. Go 'Hawks!

Omegatron 6 years, 2 months ago

I plan to sit in Allen Field house, show my support to the girl basketball team, and dream of dating a dance squad member...Love from a far, far less painful...

Deja Coffin 6 years, 2 months ago

We take both of our daughters to all three of their great grandma's houses to deliver flowers and cookies. Two of the great grandmothers are widows and the other is single so we just try to brighten their Valentines Days. We treat it like just another day but we know that for the people that don't have someone to share it with, it's a hard holiday. We started this tradition when we had our oldest and couldn't find a babysitter for Valentines Day. Now we look forward to it every year.

StirrrThePot 6 years, 2 months ago

"Does a jug of Free State beer say, “I care”?"You bet your @ss it does!!I'd better get this in lieu of flowers. Or maybe I will buy it for the better half. A growler costs far less than a dozen roses.

feeble 6 years, 2 months ago

I plan on taking my wife down to the P&L district for cocktails at the bar in the President Hotel, and then over to the Bristol for dinner.Belts are tight, but it is events like this that help keep the romance alive.

feeble 6 years, 2 months ago

On par with Teller's, may be a little less.

Dixie Jones 6 years, 2 months ago

OH gezzz mark there is nothing worse than hearing MUH OLE LADY ugh....im spending it with 3 of the most wonderful men in my life , my husband of 25 years and our two teenage son's.. life dont get any better.

jonas_opines 6 years, 2 months ago

We're going to eat all the squirrells we shot last weekend.

jonas_opines 6 years, 2 months ago

"If you want to know about women, take my job, please."Is that a misquote of Rodney Dangerfield?and O-Bob FTW.

sgtwolverine 6 years, 2 months ago

commentator ... much like I have a problem with women who put too much importance into expensive weddings, I'd have a problem with a woman who puts that much importance in Valentine's Day. If I were involved with a woman who really took offense at my downplaying Valentine's day, I'd give serious consideration to no longer being involved with that woman.Remember: just as there are men who get into the whole Valentine's Day fuss, there are women who don't really care that much.

ohgeeze 6 years, 2 months ago

A romantic 3 day getaway to Eureka Springs...I win!

Christine Anderson 6 years, 2 months ago

Valentine's Day hurts too much if I remember it in terms of the past adult men in my life.I plan to buy my two sons each a small stuffed toy for the day. Bought my 20 yr. old a toy hamster which sings "It's Raining Men." Gonna put a note in with it saying, "Daughter, it's raining men, so don't settle for the drip!!"

compmd 6 years, 2 months ago

My plans involve sitting alone in the dark with a handle of captain morgan. Or maybe svedka. Depends on how depressing the day is.

snoozey 6 years, 2 months ago

Me and the old ball 'n chain will be a goin' down to the IHOP fer the gizzard 'n waffle platter then snugglin up at home whilst I play "Free BIrd" with my armpits.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago

No V-Day for me... R-Day... Raucous rendezvous with Ronda, roadkill on the rotisserie...rrrrRRRrrrr( hmm... VR-Day... virtually real )