Previous   Next

What are your plans for the Super Bowl?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on February 1, 2009

Browse the archives

“We’re going to Hutchinson for a Super Bowl party with my family. It’s my uncle’s birthday.”

“Going to a friend’s house to watch the game.”

“We’re going to stay home and cook a turkey breast. We’ll probably watch about half the game and go to bed.”

“I’ll be hanging out at home with my wife and kid. I’ll probably watch the game.”

Comments

Deja Coffin 5 years, 2 months ago

Awww jonas I'm so jealous! We've been looking for a small breed puppy to bring into our family forever! My husband is a farm boy who was raised around farm mutt dogs and has told me he won't pay more then $50 for a rehoming fee. It's been so hard to find a small breed puppy with that kind of budget!

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 2 months ago

Bacon weave.So that's what the Occupational Therapists teach you guys in the rehab art room! jonas, what kind of puppy did you get?

kulinebacker 5 years, 2 months ago

..haha i meant how i CAN hurt the homeless...thank gawd im not a teacher huh...

kulinebacker 5 years, 2 months ago

..im looking into how i cant hurt the homeless...

Flap Doodle 5 years, 2 months ago

Perhaps after the final whistle blows, the O'dude will bestir himself to get FEMA involved in the crisis going on in Kentucky.

Newell_Post 5 years, 2 months ago

I usually go shopping during the Super Bowl. It's great. Plenty of parking, good service. Just gotta get home before the drunks hit the road. I rather drive around on New Year's Eve than after the Super Bowl.

Sigmund 5 years, 2 months ago

teacher101 (Anonymous) says… "Yes, I am a teacher. This spending of money on a sporting event does not help out anyone but the greedy and rich. Millions around the world are staving and everyone just sits back in the easy chair and gets fat."I am sure s/he felt the same way about the millions wasted on President Obama's inauguration while hundreds of homeless were swept off the street by the DNC so all the celebrities wouldn't have to be inconvenienced. Besides the President himself is hosting a Superbowl party.

jonas_opines 5 years, 2 months ago

Apparently, part of our plan was also to get a puppy, but I wasn't aware of that this morning.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 2 months ago

I really hope they're not an economics or english teacher, geez.

bndairdundat 5 years, 2 months ago

been married to a teacher 36 years and had no idea what was going on..............

bndairdundat 5 years, 2 months ago

Then staving really does hurt the homeless!

spacehog 5 years, 2 months ago

I'm gonna help teacher101 stave people too. Is staving where you hang a person on a meathook by their rectum and beat them with a baseball bat? Count me in!

spacehog 5 years, 2 months ago

I'm gonna help teacher101 hurt the homeless. Sounds like fun. I still bet Springsteen will play "Born to Run". How boring......

bndairdundat 5 years, 2 months ago

hope teacher101 doesn't display this sort of anger in the classroom

teacher101 5 years, 2 months ago

autie 5 years, 2 months ago

holy sweet jesus, TOB..You be making that today? looks tasty..

sunflower_sue 5 years, 2 months ago

Not doing traditional Super Bowl stuff this year. Sure, we will have the game on, but staying home...and I really need to grill those 1 1/2 thick T-bones that are in the fridge. That will be "Super Bowl food" this year.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 5 years, 2 months ago

"Instead of wasting all of the money on a stupid game, they could hurt the homeless, help out the poor countries, or help the economy. What a waste of money."Ummm... I don't think you understand: the Super Bowl MAKES more money than they spend on it. It's not a "waste". It helps the economy. What's good for the economy is good for the homeless. Are you really a teacher?

Pywacket 5 years, 2 months ago

You could not pay me enough to watch the thing. POTATOCHImPs~ We missed the Aussie final, dang it. I just finished reading the blow-by-blow in the news and really regret not seeing it. Sounds like a fantastic match.Maybe we can find a rerun of it or watch it online while that contest between bloated thugs is taking place.

POTATOCHImPs 5 years, 2 months ago

I love Army of Darkness!!!! It was great!!!

autie 5 years, 2 months ago

I hauled two loads of "special garden dirt" for the spot out back..getting ready to get the snow peas and radishes in soon. Another trip to the store for stuff. Made a batch of cookies and got the assinni de pepe casaurole started and made the hamburger patties up..that will have lots of cheese and bacon added later..hmmm..maybe a shower and a nap are in order now. Then a cold one or four and start the charcoal..gosh, hope I don't miss the game.

bndairdundat 5 years, 2 months ago

Haven't decided.............When is it?:-p

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 2 months ago

"For good measure I got into the queue twice."For whatever reason the boy wouldn't take communion today so I was stuck with a soggy piece of bread. Popped it in. Double the communion for me as well."Instead of wasting all of the money on a stupid game, they could hurt the homeless, "Sign me up!Btw, the Super Bowl generates millions of dollars for whatever city and state it is in.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 2 months ago

teacher, it's kinda like whizzing away $150 million on an orgy of self-congratulation for the O'dude's coronation, isn't it?

teacher101 5 years, 2 months ago

jail4ceos 5 years, 2 months ago

Placing side bets on how many players have committed or will commit in the next year:assualt...drug deals...robbery...burglary...

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 2 months ago

I'm just waiting for that volcano to erupt. The hole in the glacier on the side widened to the length of two football fields..suddenly over night. Remarkable.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 2 months ago

Been quite awhile since I have partook of a "superbowl".I did sup from the communion bowl this morn.For good measure I got into the queue twice.Is that called priming the pump?

Deja Coffin 5 years, 2 months ago

We will be watching it at home while stuffing our faces with a bunch of snack foods. I'm making my pineapple/teriyaki chicken drummettes so I hope they turn out good. Oh and I found not just regular lil' smokies but cheese filled lil' smokies so my husband is gonna be one happy man. Everything is better with cheese! Hope everyone enjoys the game!

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 2 months ago

@ prosp..trying using the music to Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA. Might work.No Bawww dyyy likesss fooot ballllllllll!

Mary Darst 5 years, 2 months ago

NOT MUCH, AT LEAST I WON'T HAVE TO SELL AND SERVE BEER OR PUT UP WITH ALL THOSE RANDOM BETTING GAMES THAT GO ALONG WITH WATCHING THE GAME.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 2 months ago

Super Bowl?Kryptonite, in the crypt, tonight.

prospector 5 years, 2 months ago

Trying to put "Nobody Likes Football" to music.

nobody1793 5 years, 2 months ago

Football seaon ended January 1.

thebcman 5 years, 2 months ago

I'm gonna eat me some biscuits.

POTATOCHImPs 5 years, 2 months ago

A bowl all to myself and laugh at the stupid commercials.Sure enjoyed the Aussie Open. The mens' was quite something to watch. Anyone see it?

jonas_opines 5 years, 2 months ago

Let's see, I'm going to my son's house this morning, and we'll probably play a little wii, then maybe go bowling, and after that probably go down to Westport for a bit before we eat somewhere, then I'll drop him off and come home and do homework.

George_Braziller 5 years, 2 months ago

My plan is to not watch it. Watching sports of any kind just bores the hell out of me.

autie 5 years, 2 months ago

It is usually about the food. Dips and burgers. And cheering for the Cardinals. Got to go for the team that has never been there before.