Previous   Next

Is this “the most wonderful time of the year”?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 25, 2009

Browse the archives

“Absolutely, just look around … people shopping and wanting to have happy times with their family.”

“Of course it is because family and friends are the most important part of life, and that’s what we’re celebrating.”

“Oh, yes because you have the Christmas decorations, the spirit of it … and it’s warmer than Montreal.”

“It can be, as long as you don’t let the usual stresses get to you.”

Comments

H_Lecter 4 years, 3 months ago

Of course it is...the world becomes a giant meat freezer and there's enough snow to hide the bodies.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 3 months ago

autie, I am not a big fan of Margaret Sanger.

Jacob123 4 years, 3 months ago

Irish you make me happy I am no longer a Catholic.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 3 months ago

It is a wonderful day. For Catholic Christians who really haven't seriously studied history and it's relationship with the holiday, it is the birthday of Jesus .

There, fixed that for ya.

autie 4 years, 3 months ago

You confuse me R_I. You use bible passages to make a point,...then turn around an say something like that. Just on the provacative spin?

and guess what? Irish (Irish Swearingen) says…

It is a wonderful day. For Catholic Christians it is the birthday of Jesus

No Mike, it ain't. Jesus was born in the spring time. The Romans pushed his date over to the solstice when Constatine decide they was all gonna be christians...it was part of the sell to pagans celebrating Saturnalia. The Apostolic gospels are pretty clear on this. They didn't have no flocks out there at night with shepards abiding whatever in December. It's all in the book if you know how to read between the lines...then read the rest of the books that Pope fellow don't tell you about.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 3 months ago

This is one of the wonderful times of the year, not the most wonderful. I always imagine Mary in labor and giving birth and while I would like to think she was spared the pain, I know she wasn't because her son had to experience a great deal of pain as a human. He did this so that we might know that Jesus truly understands us when we have troubles because he has gone though the worst. One of the questions asked in our class was, what did Mary know and when did she know it? This is a wonderful time for me, the family, and Deion our blessed cat.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 3 months ago

Hey Irish, I saw the Catholic Churches didn't close last night, etc. I bet you're happy you got to get out and go to the services! Merry Christmas.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 3 months ago

Just glad there was not a Planned Parenthood® office in Judea. Otherwise Mary may not have birthed the bastard child after being knocked up by the Holy Spirit.

Kathy Getto 4 years, 3 months ago

Of course! All the kids and grandkids together in the Rockies!! I can ask for nothing better.

autie 4 years, 3 months ago

Hey, this day is getting better. One of the cuzins just came by and gave me a bottle of Patron. wooohooo.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 3 months ago

It is a wonderful day. For Catholic Christians it is the birthday of Jesus. Other Christians don't get your dander up, I am just speaking for me. Since I don't know I am going to assume Jesus would like chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and Cool Whip. None of which had been around in his day and age but, hey, it's all good.

onceinawhile 4 years, 3 months ago

Hmm, for some reason, I don't think these questions were asked on Dec. 25...

autie 4 years, 3 months ago

Maybe it ain't so bad...my daughter just gave me tickets to the KU/NU game in Feb. And an autograph poster with Cole, Sherron, T-Rob, Tyrell...cool beans man.

Boosh 4 years, 3 months ago

Not much Autie not much. I'm kinda glad my vehicle is so old I don't mind using a tire iron to pry open the doors :) Merry Christmas to all.

autie 4 years, 3 months ago

OK, I just went out and chipped my way across the deck and dug my smoker out for the turkey...Now what is wonderful about that? It is cold as hell outside. the side door needs to be dug out cause of the drifts and my truck is frozen shut...wonderful.

Boosh 4 years, 3 months ago

LMAO @ Multi's not so veiled innuendo. :)

Bill Lee 4 years, 3 months ago

They asked the respondents this morning, and there's no snow in the photos. What block of Massachusetts is that?

appleaday 4 years, 3 months ago

And, Autie; it looks like they've already shoveled all the snow downtown. And the sun is shining!

autie 4 years, 3 months ago

How'd they do that? It is still dark here.

OonlyBonly 4 years, 3 months ago

Not only "no" but "HE77 NO!" Gimme summer. Long days, cool nights, shorts, sandals, convertible tops down.

BrianR 4 years, 3 months ago

That's what Andy Williams says so it must be true.

Donnuts 4 years, 3 months ago

Okay multi- I understand it is a perspective thing. I think it is wonderful to get together with family, some of it anyway.

Personally I prefer spring because I don't like to hovel up in the house all day. Snow is great if I am skiing. When I am driving I don't like it so much. I like riding my bike along the levee and throwing my boomerangs so it is not the most wonderful time of the year but there are good things about it.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 3 months ago

Apparently it is! I've always wanted 9 1/2 inches and now I've got it, with more to come!