Previous   Next

Is winter your favorite season?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 22, 2009

Browse the archives

“No, (too) cold and bare trees.”

“No it’s not … I enjoy warm weather.”

“No. … That’s why I live in the south.”

“Yes, because you get out of school and I like having snowball fights.”

Related story

Comments

Flap Doodle 4 years, 12 months ago

Black pepper is my favorite seasoning......

labmonkey 4 years, 12 months ago

autie-

The thing I hate most about New Year's Day is when I realize it is the beginning of January and two of the three worst months of the year (the other being August).

I_Bejewel 4 years, 12 months ago

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories."

To answer the question, No winter is not my favorite season. It's a toss-up between Spring and Fall for me.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 12 months ago

I like the changing of the seasons and dressing differently in each of them.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 12 months ago

Yay Winter, bring it on! Anyone driven down Mass Street after dark? That is really beautiful. Thanks to all who put up the lights, they look great.

KansasPerson 4 years, 12 months ago

Tough call. Winter has good music, but summer has homegrown tomatoes topped with fresh mozzarella and basil. Spring has lilacs and fall has that excellent leafy smell and gorgeous colors. I guess I like them all..... but I think I'd like winter just a little bit better if I had a fireplace! Mmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Deja Coffin 4 years, 12 months ago

My biggest issue with the winter is that it gets dark so early.

betti81 4 years, 12 months ago

i love the snow...but we don't ever get enough. Fall is the winner in my book!

BorderRat 4 years, 12 months ago

“Yes, because you get out of school and I like having snowball fights.” Man I wish I was in Fourth Grade again.

riverdrifter 4 years, 12 months ago

Cosign with Autie's 735am. 4 more years and I'm snowbirdin' on the redneck riviera from roughly New Years to St. Patrick's Day. As my Dad always said: "When the college kids come south, it's time to go north."

hujiko 4 years, 12 months ago

I love winter. Additional layers may always be acquired if it's too cold, but when it's hot as hades one may only remove so much to remain comfortable before it starts getting awkward.

Christine Anderson 4 years, 12 months ago

Absolutely! Although there has never been enough snow to satisfy me since I left Wi. (Okay, western Ks is the exception)