Previous   Next

Is winter your favorite season?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 22, 2009

Browse the archives

“No, (too) cold and bare trees.”

“No it’s not … I enjoy warm weather.”

“No. … That’s why I live in the south.”

“Yes, because you get out of school and I like having snowball fights.”

Related story

Comments

Bob Kraxner 4 years, 3 months ago

Winter is my favorite season when I am in Key Largo for christmas, or when I'm in Kansas for the 4th of July!

Christine Anderson 4 years, 3 months ago

Absolutely! Although there has never been enough snow to satisfy me since I left Wi. (Okay, western Ks is the exception)

hujiko 4 years, 3 months ago

I love winter. Additional layers may always be acquired if it's too cold, but when it's hot as hades one may only remove so much to remain comfortable before it starts getting awkward.

riverdrifter 4 years, 3 months ago

Cosign with Autie's 735am. 4 more years and I'm snowbirdin' on the redneck riviera from roughly New Years to St. Patrick's Day. As my Dad always said: "When the college kids come south, it's time to go north."

BorderRat 4 years, 3 months ago

“Yes, because you get out of school and I like having snowball fights.” Man I wish I was in Fourth Grade again.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 3 months ago

"Slap on my goose feather stuffed codpiece and I'm all set for whatever." - T_O_B

Including zombie and velociraptor attacks?

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 3 months ago

"My biggest issue with the winter is that it gets dark so early. " Deja

Right there. That's it. The cold doesn't bother me. Slap on my goose feather stuffed codpiece and I'm all set for whatever.

betti81 4 years, 3 months ago

i love the snow...but we don't ever get enough. Fall is the winner in my book!

Deja Coffin 4 years, 3 months ago

My biggest issue with the winter is that it gets dark so early.

KansasPerson 4 years, 3 months ago

Tough call. Winter has good music, but summer has homegrown tomatoes topped with fresh mozzarella and basil. Spring has lilacs and fall has that excellent leafy smell and gorgeous colors. I guess I like them all..... but I think I'd like winter just a little bit better if I had a fireplace! Mmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Jacob123 4 years, 3 months ago

My ancestors immigrated south to kansas for the warm weather. They come from the land of the ice and snow where the midnight sun.......

Kansas was a temperate climate for them you wussies.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 3 months ago

Yay Winter, bring it on! Anyone driven down Mass Street after dark? That is really beautiful. Thanks to all who put up the lights, they look great.

spacehog 4 years, 3 months ago

Nope. Too cold and too depressing. The main reason I moved to Hawaii for 8 years. I make the best of it though. From Nov. 1 to May 1 I lock myself in the house, unplug the phone, and drink myself into a stupor. It worked well last year. I cracked a bottle Nov.1, went into a blackout, and woke up April 25 lying naked in my backyard with whiskey bottles all over the place. Hundreds of 'em.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 3 months ago

Winter is the season of my discontent. Put away are the sun dresses and shorts, and people tend to become sanguine about the dangers of velociraptors.

prospector 4 years, 3 months ago

File Powder

"I garronteee"- Justin Wilson

edjayhawk 4 years, 3 months ago

For a brief while. Hopefully like most Winters here lately the worst is in December.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 3 months ago

I like the changing of the seasons and dressing differently in each of them.

CWGOKU 4 years, 3 months ago

Winter blows, can't stand it. I see the big bug eyed sunglasses girl came in from Topeka. Glad I don't speak Topekanese.

autie 4 years, 3 months ago

I can see your point Labmonkey....Too hot to fish. I just looked at my weather forecast...80% chance of Thunderstorms tonight? What month is it again?

I_Bejewel 4 years, 3 months ago

"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories."

To answer the question, No winter is not my favorite season. It's a toss-up between Spring and Fall for me.

labmonkey 4 years, 3 months ago

autie-

The thing I hate most about New Year's Day is when I realize it is the beginning of January and two of the three worst months of the year (the other being August).

autie 4 years, 3 months ago

The only real value winter holds, is KU basketball. Too cold to fish, everything gets all frozen, most hunting is done, can't garden outside...it pretty much sucks. After January, what is left....watch basketball and wait for the white bass fishing and morel picking.

autie 4 years, 3 months ago

I really like fresh ginger when making a lemur stir fry. But a good curry is nice too.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 3 months ago

Black pepper is my favorite seasoning......

hitme 4 years, 3 months ago

"Bare Trees" That was a good Fleetwood Mac album.