Previous   Next

What is the dress code for your office holiday party?

Asked at Royal Crest Lanes, 933 Iowa on December 14, 2009

Browse the archives

“Totally casual … jeans, sweater and a smile on my face. ”

“We don’t have an office holiday party.”

“I’m thinking pajamas and slippers. ”

“Semi-formal, kind of dressy.”

Related story

Comments

gccs14r 4 years, 10 months ago

No party here, either. In past years it was business casual.

Newell_Post 4 years, 10 months ago

The company is too broke for a holiday party, so I took everybody in my group out to lunch at a golf course that has an OK restaurant. Business casual or even less (from the office). The golfers hit balls at the driving range and the non-golfers putted on the putting green.

acg 4 years, 10 months ago

I just started working for this company in Sept. and one of my job requirements was to trim the fat, wherever necessary, so because of me, there will be no holiday madness, here, either. We're all taking an extra day off with pay so it'll be a four day weekend and that's about it. It's better this way, though, and everyone knew it. No one likes going to those stupid things. No one parties with the idiots at the desk next to them. When you're trapped in an office with people 40 to 50 hours a week, why on Earth would you want to spend down time with them, too? So, when the new gal broached the subject of doing away with the holiday party I thought for sure there would be a mutiny but put it to them this way "hey, lets have an extra day off with pay to hang out with people we actually like and do away with the bad food and cheap wine and boring atmosphere of a crappy holiday party" they got on board.

somedude20 4 years, 10 months ago

fat girls wearing dresses way too small, eating way too much, spilling beef grease on their cleavage,drinking too much, have them hit on you and after you turn them down, they cry and ask what is wrong with them...merry x-mas

somedude20 4 years, 10 months ago

you can always count on a large girl bringing her low cut dress, showing off that fat cleavage, thinking she is the bee's knees. Even better when they get drink and hit on you, as it is funny to watch em "work it" (unless the chunky cleavage belongs to your boss)

gphawk89 4 years, 10 months ago

Business casual at mine. Suit at my wife's.