Previous   Next

What is the dress code for your office holiday party?

Asked at Royal Crest Lanes, 933 Iowa on December 14, 2009

Browse the archives

“Totally casual … jeans, sweater and a smile on my face. ”

“We don’t have an office holiday party.”

“I’m thinking pajamas and slippers. ”

“Semi-formal, kind of dressy.”

Related story

Comments

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 4 months ago

spacehog definitely wins poster of the day.......but I can out drink and out-tell-women-stories any day of the week. I can't post them or they'd be removed.

gphawk89 4 years, 4 months ago

Business casual at mine. Suit at my wife's.

spacehog 4 years, 4 months ago

Sorry Multi, I didn't mean to mess up the party. I was so drunk I don't even remember it. I would have shaved, but my razor was buried under a bunch of old beer cans and Hustler mags. I just love to dance so much I find myself forcing myself on unfortunate women. But let me tell you, I'm hung like a baby ant. I usually shove a can of WD-40 down the front of my pants. Works like a charm. I used to go from cube to cube and the ladies just salivated! Some of the men did, too. Then I went to work one day and there was a box in my empty cube with all my personal stuff in it. I wondered why the security guard was following me. Luckily I had just polished off a pint of Jameson, so I went in my supe's office and punched his clock before heading out to the Shenago Lounge. Hell, it was already 8:30. I was running late.

somedude20 4 years, 4 months ago

you can always count on a large girl bringing her low cut dress, showing off that fat cleavage, thinking she is the bee's knees. Even better when they get drink and hit on you, as it is funny to watch em "work it" (unless the chunky cleavage belongs to your boss)

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 4 months ago

/ (facepalm.)

I thought spacehog sounded familiar, but I just couldn't place it. I'd be sitting there in a chair not wanting to dance, and this peach fuzzed twerp no one would dance with kept bothering me and the other women.

When I refused to dance, he yanked me out of my chair before I could stop him. The guy had a two inch nub commando in Hammer pants he kept trying to press against me, and an alien probe 7 inch tongue he attacked with unwanted kisses, grabbing my head...ewww.

Who wouldn't toss their shrimp canapes and caviar when he hit their gag reflex?

3rd year, my eye. They canned you for wearing that ankle length pantyhose like schlong under your trench coat on New Year's Eve when you came in half soused on a Monday, going from office to office showing it to all the women. There wasn't even a 2nd holiday party for you.

Too bad you haven't found work yet..maybe it's the personal space issues?

;p

spacehog 4 years, 4 months ago

I used to have a co-worker that I nicknamed the Yak. Every year, we'd be tongueing and fondling each other on the dance floor when suddenly, out of nowhere, she would just yak all over me. And let me tell you, this lady could hurl! I learned my lesson after the 3rd year. I would dance with her last and make sure I had most of my good clothes off.

somedude20 4 years, 4 months ago

fat girls wearing dresses way too small, eating way too much, spilling beef grease on their cleavage,drinking too much, have them hit on you and after you turn them down, they cry and ask what is wrong with them...merry x-mas

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 4 months ago

Hilarious spacehog!! (Only a fifth of bourbon??) Wuss.

spacehog 4 years, 4 months ago

True dat, Bob. I always felt like I spent enough time at work, especially at the P.O. If you wanna hang out you'll have to pay me, whore that I am.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 4 months ago

ACG knows. Unless our holiday parties were during working hours, I always skipped them.

spacehog 4 years, 4 months ago

I'm unemployed, only because I feel that work is prostitution. But I've been to many of those corporate holiday parties. They used to call them Christmas parties, whatever that means. Maybe it's a dirty word. I would drink a fifth of bourbon before going to the party. Man, was it fun! Karaoke all night, fondling my co-workers and rubbing up against them (frottage, my favorite fetish, google it). I always ended up cussing out my supervisors and sometimes giving them a good tune up right there on the dance floor. We'd always end up making out at the end of the night though, me and my bosses. Men and women. I'm 98% straight, but hell, after you get enough drinks in you, what's the difference? I never wore anything nicer than Armani though, because at the end of the night I was usually wearing my own vomit. One year I got permanently banned from Alvamar. I don't know hy. Damn country clubs.

acg 4 years, 4 months ago

I just started working for this company in Sept. and one of my job requirements was to trim the fat, wherever necessary, so because of me, there will be no holiday madness, here, either. We're all taking an extra day off with pay so it'll be a four day weekend and that's about it. It's better this way, though, and everyone knew it. No one likes going to those stupid things. No one parties with the idiots at the desk next to them. When you're trapped in an office with people 40 to 50 hours a week, why on Earth would you want to spend down time with them, too? So, when the new gal broached the subject of doing away with the holiday party I thought for sure there would be a mutiny but put it to them this way "hey, lets have an extra day off with pay to hang out with people we actually like and do away with the bad food and cheap wine and boring atmosphere of a crappy holiday party" they got on board.

Newell_Post 4 years, 4 months ago

The company is too broke for a holiday party, so I took everybody in my group out to lunch at a golf course that has an OK restaurant. Business casual or even less (from the office). The golfers hit balls at the driving range and the non-golfers putted on the putting green.

gccs14r 4 years, 4 months ago

No party here, either. In past years it was business casual.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 4 months ago

Party dress code?

Open Hawaiian shirt over a t-shirt, khaki shorts and smokejumper boots.

CWGOKU 4 years, 4 months ago

No Party this year, it has been a down year. I'll just have a party with me and the missus. No clothing necessary.

autie 4 years, 4 months ago

Now I will take me most of the morning to get that vision out of my mind. I should probably go run the truck into a tree to make me forget boutit.

prospector 4 years, 4 months ago

The little black miniskirt. That look scares the children more than Santa.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 4 months ago

"…due to budget shortfalls, there will be no holiday this year." Autie

What he said.

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 4 months ago

My first job out of college I enjoyed my company's Christmas parties----they really went all out---renting a nice place and catering and a band and the whole thing. Of course, there were scores of cute young women working there and I was single. My second job of 10 years I absolutely dreaded the Christmas parties, as it was a chincy dinner and the manager gave a speech about how wonderful he was and blew smoke up the teamster's butts about how wonderful they were. I found it hard to digest my food after all that. I started just gagging down the cheap dinner, sucking down as many drinks as humanly possible just to cope and making an excuse that I had to leave. Why would anyone want to sacrifice even one evening to be with people you mostly can't stand 50 plus hours a week in the first place? But I always wore a jacket and tie, to answer the question.

autie 4 years, 4 months ago

...due to budget shortfalls, there will be no holiday this year.