Previous   Next

How do you keep warm in frigid temperatures?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 13, 2009

Browse the archives

“Cuddl Duds. … It’s like long underwear for women, only it’s silk.”

“I am a big fan of layering, actually. … I’ll wear hoodies, another zip-up jacket and another big coat.”

“I stay moving, wear gloves and put on a hat.”

“Layered clothes, hot coffee and usually I have my family with me so we can cuddle.”

Comments

Flap Doodle 4 years, 7 months ago

I stuff my clothes with crumpled-up carbon credits (might as well do something useful with them).

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 7 months ago

Warning, I am about to make a sensible comment. I turn on the heat, after all isn't that why we have it? I have to wear a coat as I have to walk to the bus stop, which is the community center next door, and then from the shelter over to Walmart. I also make International Coffees with soy milk, vanilla and chocolate. I hate the cold, it hurts.

Boeing 4 years, 7 months ago

It's 44 today...maybe they should have actually asked this on a frigid day?

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 7 months ago

Bob, looked this up just for you, its from the Codpiece International page. "So....what exactly is a Codpiece? The codpiece emerged (no pun intended!) in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries from the dilemma of how to cover a man's genitals when the jackets or doublets became shorter. The height of its popularity was during the early sixteenth century when it became an elaborate yet functional part of men's costume. However, the drawing of emphasis to the male genitalia actually occurred at an earlier time when the 'long' look became popular. In the mid-fourteenth century, the waistline was dropped to the hips in order to make the body look longer, and the hemline was shortened in order to make the legs look longer. From the 1340s to the 1360s mens' hems rose from the knee to mid-thigh with the result that, when a man was sitting down or mounting his horse, there was a clear view all the way up his hose to his drawers. For the first time in western fashion the male genitals were being flaunted for all to see! The result was that the male bulge was to be the center of attention for the next 200 years." Etc. etc. Historical fact.

gccs14r 4 years, 7 months ago

My preference would be to change hemispheres at each equinox, but I have to settle for thermal underwear, hot cocoa, and staying indoors as much as possible.

nbnozzy 4 years, 7 months ago

For those of you trying to be funny in this thread.... you've failed miserably.

parrothead8 4 years, 7 months ago

I get naked with my wife, and somehow we both stay warm.