Previous   Next

How much snow is too much snow?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Mass. St. on December 8, 2009

Browse the archives

“If I have to shovel it, it’s too much.”

“10 feet is too much, I’m from Oregon.”

“No snow at all is too much snow.”

“If it’s going to be cold, there’s not too much snow. You got to have the snow with the cold.”

Related story

Comments

RoeDapple 5 years ago

Anybody else think Andrew should change majors?

(And now your local weather, by Andrew Storm...)

Flap Doodle 5 years ago

She thought her sister was Bob Dylan?

gphawk89 5 years ago

There is no thing as too much snow. As long as it doesn't close the slopes due to avalanche conditions and the snow cats have time to groom it overnight, the more the merrier.

Flap Doodle 5 years ago

If the snow is deep enough to hide a delicious buttery biscuit, well, that's too deep.

John Hamm 5 years ago

Because she wanted to see the man at her sister's funeral

preebo 5 years ago

Too much snow???

I guess when its May... and it dumps, then you might say it's too much.

Stuart Evans 5 years ago

as an old girlfriend of mine used to say, 10 inches is just too much. snow that is.

dajudge 5 years ago

I thought she had forgotten all about the man, but, did remember that time her sister wiped a booger on her as a kid and several other mean things growing up. She snapped. Had enough, and then there was a baseball bat laying right there handy, so she had no choice but to hit a home run using her sister's head as the ball.

Stuart Evans 5 years ago

it's ok, i'm used to being censored. a little of me seems to go a long way.

Richard Heckler 5 years ago

Grab a 24" push broom and start pushing the snow away before it becomes too much whatever that is....

Pushing with a broom is much easier than digging with a shovel it seems...... unless that is an illusion.

Plan ahead:

• heat up some cheese,salsa and black beans
  • bring on crackers or chips
  • some fruit
  • water
  • other beverage of choice
  • gloves and reasonably warm jacket ( sweat will occur)
  • water proof boots or water resistant
  • cover the ears
  • tune in KKFI 90.1 FM
  • grab the broom and go for it
  • take breaks to enjoy the fixin's
  • go sweep some more as necessary

alm77 5 years ago

Whoa, did Merrill just post a list I can agree with? Mmmmm, beans, cheese and salsa!!!!

Mel Briscoe 5 years ago

snow is pretty to look at. in a picture. not while i'm wading thru it, shoveling it or scraping it off of my car.

i think we got about 3 inches overnight here in salina and its still coming down.

Mary Darst 5 years ago

It has snowed enough when they cancel school.

dickmerkin 5 years ago

spacehog, That's no diagnostic question, that's just a really old joke. I think the first time I heard it was a rerun of an old black & white movie. Give these guys a chance to Google it and their on it.

1029 5 years ago

When I was a kid my family told me that snow was Satan spewing saliva over the land because he was mad that so many people were rejecting him and going to church. We used to have this big 8' x 5' painting over our couch that depicted Satan looking down on a snow-covered city scene with a burst of snow spewing from his smiling, foaming, mouth. Therefore, though the nightmares stopped years ago, I still get a little uncomfortable everytime it snows and I think of that painting and how this cold, white madness will never stop as long as people continue to go to church.

I_Bejewel 5 years ago

That's a great story Py! Just once I'd like my boys to experience a real big snow like I remember growing up.

1029.....I didn't know whether to laugh or be very disturbed by that story.

jonas_opines 5 years ago

1029, thank you again for helping me test my hypothesis on how bizarre you have to get on the internet before no one thinks that you're being serious. Not so much here, too much evident suspicion, but the other thread is gold.

Stuart Evans 5 years ago

1029, that story makes me cry. Mostly because it's so danged real. There are actually people out there that believe that type of nonsense. I mean, come on. isn't satan the guy with the big firepit and such? where did he suddenly get ice cold lungs?

spiff 5 years ago

one of the best OTS threads i've seen in many a moon

Bill Lee 5 years ago

Spacehog, KKFI is not a country music station. It's easily the best station in this area, with the best variey of music available. While it's not for everyone, it's an excellent alternative to commercial radio.