Previous   Next

What is the home page on your computer?

Asked at La Prima Tazza, 638 Mass. on December 4, 2009

Browse the archives

“My Macintosh computer shows me all the sites I attend regularly, so it brings up 10 sites, and among those are blueplanetrevolutions.org.”

“Democracy Now because it’s not something I know a lot about, politics in general, so I figure if it’s the first thing on my computer, I’ll learn something I might not ordinarily come across.”

“Yahoo because that’s my e-mail and that’s the first thing I check when I get on the computer.”

“It’s Google because I love Google, that’s how I get all my information.”

Related story

Comments

hitme 4 years, 4 months ago

Marion's 5:31pm post is a new record; it is his most succinct post ever.

Thanks,

Hitme

Hawkman_021 4 years, 4 months ago

Mine is kusports.com

to me there is nothing i would rather read about first thing in the morning than KU sports

equalaccessprivacy 4 years, 4 months ago

Thanks to Irish for the information on riverkeepers.

Marion Lynn 4 years, 4 months ago

Home pages are all about advertising and advertising only.

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 4 months ago

Oh, and earthlink......great features.

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 4 months ago

"“Democracy Now because it’s not something I know a lot about, politics in general..." OTS'r, Anne Bruce

Ummm, let me tell you something Anne, Democracy Now is not 'politics in general'.

(laughter)

labmonkey 4 years, 4 months ago

I just have mine set to blank. Browser comes up much quicker.

somedude20 4 years, 4 months ago

www.bustygirlswithhandgunsandgummybears.com

autie 4 years, 4 months ago

CWGOKU (Anonymous) says…

If T_O_B had a web site, that would be my home page. Never a bad comment.

National Biscuit Party. org

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 4 months ago

Roe, how about putting together a Hank portfolio? My home page.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 4 months ago

jonas, They have smut for the Wii?
I thought it was a family orientated game system.

I blame Al Gore.

jonas_opines 4 years, 4 months ago

My iphone has gotten me perilously close to smug before. Not as much as my Wii did a few years ago, though.

hitme 4 years, 4 months ago

Not the homepage but, I find this one interesting enough to check frequently.

www.lifehacker.com

rantor 4 years, 4 months ago

Is grammaddy suggesting she can read? How funny!

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years, 4 months ago

iPhones have to be up there too, Jonas.

prospector 4 years, 4 months ago

National Biscuit Party. org

Power to the flour!

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years, 4 months ago

jonas_opines (Anonymous) says… I've heard Macs are the second leading cause of Smug.

LOL! That's the funniest post I've seen in months.

weatherguy48 4 years, 4 months ago

Random Wikipedia page. Learn something new every day!

CWGOKU 4 years, 4 months ago

If T_O_B had a web site, that would be my home page. Never a bad comment.

canyon_wren 4 years, 4 months ago

R-I--thanks for the info on Factcheck. org. It sounds about as bad as snopes as far as absence of neutrality is concerned. There's another old saying, "The truth varies from room to room." I guess that applies to most every source of info now--whether online or the regular media. The only way we can make a difference in what is happening in our world is locally, and that was probably always true. That is difficult enough, nowadays.

ShePrecedes 4 years, 4 months ago

I don't drink the city water. What toxins they try to remove, they replace with more toxins. It is too bad I have to bathe in those toxins (fluoride), and breathe in the toxic water vapors (If it effects the hardest substance in the body, the enamel of your teeth, what does it do to your tender, soft tissue aveoli when you breathe it in?).

9070811 4 years, 4 months ago

Do some of you really have nothing better to do other then to dog on a Riverkeeper? Maybe you should say thank you because they make sure the water isn't so polluted that it can't be processed for your drinking pleasure. They also make sure that dams are supported and in compliance with laws so that floods are limited or prevented.

ShePrecedes 4 years, 4 months ago

One browser is this: http://www.n3kl.org/sun/noaa.html The other browser is this: http://www.calculatorcat.com/moon_phases/phasenow.php I never use the third browser, Microsoft's.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 4 months ago

p>"Factcheck.org. To keep up with all the lies and the lying liars who tell them". - grammaddy "grammaddy, I have heard that Factcheck.org is a lot more reliable and neutral than snopes. Have you found that to be true?" - canyon_wren

Please.

Everyone knows that factcheck.org is from the Annenberg Foundation a RINO organization with ties to Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground and Barack Obama, damn liberal commie pinko revolutionaries.

Fair and unbiased... my donkey.

I always get my facts from dprogram, a site that works to counter propagana, @ http://dprogram.net/. The John Birch Society @ http://www.jbs.org/ is also a good source.

“Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.” - Thomas Jefferson

schula 4 years, 4 months ago

On my home computer, my home page is www.chicagocubs.com as I am a big fan.

jonas_opines 4 years, 4 months ago

"My Macintosh computer shows me all the sites I attend regularly, so it brings up 10 sites, and among those are blueplanetrevolutions.org."

I've heard Macs are the second leading cause of Smug.

Randall Barnes 4 years, 4 months ago

GOOGLE. LJWORLD AS A HOME PAGE. LMAO ROTFL.

autie 4 years, 4 months ago

OK, TOB, Irish has enlightened us. A riverkeeper....that's the PC code for "tree hugger". Boat up down the river all day, what a cool job. Really cool on a day like this.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 4 months ago

Riverkeeper is a full-time advocate for a body of water and its surrounding community. Each Riverkeeper is an affiliate of the Waterkeeper Alliance, a grassroots advocacy organization founded by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

Although most Waterkeepers are Riverkeepers, there are also Baykeepers, Harborkeepers, Coastkeepers and Lakekeepers. Internationally, there are a total of 162 non-profit, privately-funded Waterkeeper programs. Here in the Chesapeake Bay watershed, we have 14, with 5 in Anne Arundel County alone: Baltimore Harborkeeper, and Patuxent, Severn, South and West/Rhode Riverkeepers.

These skilled environmentalists are equal parts scientist, lawyer, investigator, educator and advocate. They advocate compliance with environmental laws, respond to citizen complaints, identify problems that affect their waterbodies and devise appropriate remedies to address these problems.

Each Riverkeeper has a boat -- ranging in size from a canoe to a research vessel -- to patrol his or her waterway. In fact, Riverkeepers spend much of their time out on the water, monitoring water quality, surveying the shoreline or talking with citizens. To find out how to contact your local Riverkeeper, visit the Waterkeeper Alliance webpage, http://www.waterkeeper.org.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 4 months ago

Here is Cheryl's page flyoverpeople.net http://www.flyoverpeople.net/

canyon, I've got a funny story for you. I surprised cheryl the other day..check your pm in a few

canyon_wren 4 years, 4 months ago

I finally made the Journal-World my home page, too, as it was the first newspaper I would check out, anyway. At work, my home page has beautiful photos of Kansas from a good website called Flyover People (you can find it at Kansas on the Net--KOTN.com, I guess). I pick out a photo appropriate to the season and change that from time to time.

Stedman 4 years, 4 months ago

iGoogle

It gives me my e-mail, news, weather, stocks and Google search all on one page.

beawolf 4 years, 4 months ago

grammaddy,

Would a lying liar be telling the truth?

nbnozzy 4 years, 4 months ago

I have the Journal World as my home page. Reading news is much more important to me than checking emails.

BABBOY 4 years, 4 months ago

Google

No news. Just internet access.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 4 months ago

"What in the world does a riverkeeper do?" Autie

Keeps rivers?

"Have not seen you since the days of Hash." RI

Dorm or drug?

Raymond Munoz 4 years, 4 months ago

All the computers at work have...

...as their homepage. ;)

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 4 months ago

Hey Mark, Have not seen you since the days of Hash.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 4 months ago

The browser I use brings up a gallimaufry of URLs I have chosen.

grammaddy 4 years, 4 months ago

p>Factcheck.org. To keep up with all the lies and the lying liars who tell them.

autie 4 years, 4 months ago

What in the world does a riverkeeper do? Will there be an add in the UDK classifieds today for coach?