Previous   Next

What is the home page on your computer?

Asked at La Prima Tazza, 638 Mass. on December 4, 2009

Browse the archives

“My Macintosh computer shows me all the sites I attend regularly, so it brings up 10 sites, and among those are blueplanetrevolutions.org.”

“Democracy Now because it’s not something I know a lot about, politics in general, so I figure if it’s the first thing on my computer, I’ll learn something I might not ordinarily come across.”

“Yahoo because that’s my e-mail and that’s the first thing I check when I get on the computer.”

“It’s Google because I love Google, that’s how I get all my information.”

Related story

Comments

grammaddy 5 years ago

p>Factcheck.org. To keep up with all the lies and the lying liars who tell them.

Raymond Munoz 5 years ago

All the computers at work have...

...as their homepage. ;)

nbnozzy 5 years ago

I have the Journal World as my home page. Reading news is much more important to me than checking emails.

beawolf 5 years ago

grammaddy,

Would a lying liar be telling the truth?

Mike Hoffmann 5 years ago

iGoogle

It gives me my e-mail, news, weather, stocks and Google search all on one page.

canyon_wren 5 years ago

I finally made the Journal-World my home page, too, as it was the first newspaper I would check out, anyway. At work, my home page has beautiful photos of Kansas from a good website called Flyover People (you can find it at Kansas on the Net--KOTN.com, I guess). I pick out a photo appropriate to the season and change that from time to time.

grammaddy, I have heard that Factcheck.org is a lot more reliable and neutral than snopes. Have you found that to be true?

Leslie Swearingen 5 years ago

Riverkeeper is a full-time advocate for a body of water and its surrounding community. Each Riverkeeper is an affiliate of the Waterkeeper Alliance, a grassroots advocacy organization founded by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

Although most Waterkeepers are Riverkeepers, there are also Baykeepers, Harborkeepers, Coastkeepers and Lakekeepers. Internationally, there are a total of 162 non-profit, privately-funded Waterkeeper programs. Here in the Chesapeake Bay watershed, we have 14, with 5 in Anne Arundel County alone: Baltimore Harborkeeper, and Patuxent, Severn, South and West/Rhode Riverkeepers.

These skilled environmentalists are equal parts scientist, lawyer, investigator, educator and advocate. They advocate compliance with environmental laws, respond to citizen complaints, identify problems that affect their waterbodies and devise appropriate remedies to address these problems.

Each Riverkeeper has a boat -- ranging in size from a canoe to a research vessel -- to patrol his or her waterway. In fact, Riverkeepers spend much of their time out on the water, monitoring water quality, surveying the shoreline or talking with citizens. To find out how to contact your local Riverkeeper, visit the Waterkeeper Alliance webpage, http://www.waterkeeper.org.

Randall Barnes 5 years ago

GOOGLE. LJWORLD AS A HOME PAGE. LMAO ROTFL.

jonas_opines 5 years ago

"My Macintosh computer shows me all the sites I attend regularly, so it brings up 10 sites, and among those are blueplanetrevolutions.org."

I've heard Macs are the second leading cause of Smug.

schula 5 years ago

On my home computer, my home page is www.chicagocubs.com as I am a big fan.

9070811 5 years ago

Do some of you really have nothing better to do other then to dog on a Riverkeeper? Maybe you should say thank you because they make sure the water isn't so polluted that it can't be processed for your drinking pleasure. They also make sure that dams are supported and in compliance with laws so that floods are limited or prevented.

canyon_wren 5 years ago

R-I--thanks for the info on Factcheck. org. It sounds about as bad as snopes as far as absence of neutrality is concerned. There's another old saying, "The truth varies from room to room." I guess that applies to most every source of info now--whether online or the regular media. The only way we can make a difference in what is happening in our world is locally, and that was probably always true. That is difficult enough, nowadays.

weatherguy48 5 years ago

Random Wikipedia page. Learn something new every day!

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years ago

jonas_opines (Anonymous) says… I've heard Macs are the second leading cause of Smug.

LOL! That's the funniest post I've seen in months.

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years ago

iPhones have to be up there too, Jonas.

jonas_opines 5 years ago

My iphone has gotten me perilously close to smug before. Not as much as my Wii did a few years ago, though.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years ago

Roe, how about putting together a Hank portfolio? My home page.

somedude20 5 years ago

www.bustygirlswithhandgunsandgummybears.com

labmonkey 5 years ago

I just have mine set to blank. Browser comes up much quicker.

equalaccessprivacy 5 years ago

Thanks to Irish for the information on riverkeepers.

Hawkman_021 5 years ago

Mine is kusports.com

to me there is nothing i would rather read about first thing in the morning than KU sports