Previous   Next

How often do you cook at home?

Asked at Kansas Union, 1301 Jayhawk Blvd. on December 2, 2009

Browse the archives

“About once a week, mostly spaghetti, something simple.”

“About five days a week, chicken, salads, frozen dinners.”

“I would say five days out of seven, pasta usually.”

“About two or three days a week, mostly steak or chicken and maybe some vegetables.”

Related story

Comments

countrygirl 4 years, 9 months ago

Almost all of them. We grab lunch out on Saturdays sometimes if we're out running errands but that's about it except for specail occasions.

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 9 months ago

We very rarely eat out, only on special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. No fast food ever. It's nutritionally horrendous, expensive and frequently tastes like cardboard.

beawolf 4 years, 9 months ago

When I was a student, I never cooked. A $3.00 all you can eat buffet would satisfy me for 2 or 3 days. The rest came out of a can or box. I had a $15/week budget for food.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 9 months ago

Does opening a box of frozen stuff & putting it into the microwave count as cooking?

grammaddy 4 years, 9 months ago

3x a day. With 3 adults and 5 kids in the house, eating out is waayy tooo expensive. Some of the kids have food issues and cooking at home is just easier. And it's soooo much better for everyone.On Sundays everyone comes to Grandma's house and I'm cooking for a tribe of 15 - 20. I'm lovin' it!!

mom_of_three 4 years, 9 months ago

We usually eat out or get takeout about once a week as a family. Kids sometimes grab a sandwich or something on the way to practices, performances, games. Hubby and I might go out for lunch or something over the weekend.

coolmom 4 years, 9 months ago

every meal except bdays and sometimes those.

acg 4 years, 9 months ago

Almost every single night we cook at home. My hubby is a culinary student, too, so we share the duty 50/50 and man, if you have the chance to go to culinary school, or to send a spouse, I highly recommend it. I'm gonna get so fat, I can already tell.