Previous   Next

Do you pamper your pets?

Browse the archives

“I do. I spend money on her shampoo and her food. It’s natural and organic food only.”

“I pamper my neighbor’s pets. We give them free reign in our house.”

“No, I don’t. He’s a great dog, but I don’t pamper myself, either. ”

“I wouldn’t say I necessarily pamper him, but I do give him plenty of exercise and make sure he has a lot of fun.”

Comments

labmonkey 5 years, 1 month ago

Cameron has to be effing kidding me.

number3of5 5 years, 1 month ago

One would need to define pampered. My dogs are in the house at night, when it is hot, and when it is too cold and to me this is pampered. Dog houses are for dogs and people houses are for people. They are not my children, they are my pets. They get food, treats, exercise and discipline, not necessarily in that order, but I try to be consistent with it daily. I do have trouble keeping my husband in sync with me as he tends to spoil his mastiff and blame all the problems on my beagle.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 1 month ago

I prefer to think of the lemurs as associates, not pets. To answer the question, with the exception of not letting them watch Bruce Lee movies, I let them have their way.

Mary Darst 5 years, 1 month ago

Absolutely!!! And, they are my babies. (never had any the the other kind). I feed them the expensive kind of dog food, but really only because they are just in my fenced in yard. One of them sleeps with me. The other will start once is gets out of puberty. They are the light of my life. They ask of very little and love me no matter what. Can't beat that.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 1 month ago

Deion gets everything he needs as a cat. He gets groomed everyday and gets a back massage. I use waterless shampoo with conditioner and lavender and camomile in it and use the shedender which is great. I also have the nail trimmer and of course toothpaste, brush and gum massager. He has a Pooh Bear blanky that he loves. Loves of toys all over the living room. Right now he is curled up sleeping on the sofa. The right side is his.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 1 month ago

Py, I see that error all the time. It always irks me.

As to the question: I don't have pets. But if I did, they wouldn't be pampered. I grew up in a rural area, and whatever animals we had (usually cats, but a few dogs as well) stayed outside no matter the weather and ate very non-fancy food or even -- gasp! -- wild animals they caught themselves. Because of this, I can't even come close to comprehending the concept of treating pets like royalty. They're animals, and I prefer to treat them as such. This isn't cruelty or abuse; it's perspective that some seem to have lost.

missmagoo 5 years, 1 month ago