Previous   Next

Have you taken advantage of this relatively mild August weather?

Asked at The Merc, 901 Iowa on August 26, 2009

Browse the archives

“Every second I can. I’ve played Frisbee golf, barbecued with my husband and friends, and just sat outside, chilled and read a book.”

“I have been playing a lot of golf.”

“I’ve missed out on it because I’ve spent most of my time in the mountains in Colorado.”

“Yes, I try to walk a lot and I am enjoying not watering my garden so much.”

Comments

Donnuts 4 years, 7 months ago

just like a drunk sorority chic at a bar

prospector 4 years, 7 months ago

In the old "which came first" debate, looks like chickens.

Prairie Chicken Mating Dance Threatens Texas (Wind)Projects.

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

liquid nitrogen dewar's flask? hmmm. Nope. All I gots is a bottle of MacGregor in the cabinet.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 7 months ago

autie, You need to get a Dexter cow. 50% the size, but 75% the meat of a normal breed, and just enough milk production for the family. No need for a bull, just buy sperm straws and keep them in your liquid nitrogen dewar flask.

http://www.dextercattle.org/other/Cloverbell%20Christmas%20Wind.jpg Here is the American Dexter Cattle Association: http://www.dextercattle.org/

Call it Republican Lite…

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

I'm not to sure how things turn the way they do around here. I was going to get goat so I didn't have to mow. Now Republicans own cows. Hey, maybe B-Rock can sponsor up some Cash for old rod and reels. I could be sitting on a gold mine and not know it. I'd be better off to just have a garage sale. That would be allowed in the downtown commercial district with the proper permit.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 7 months ago

“Cash for Refrigerators” is supposed to start October 15th.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 7 months ago

Prospector - Slander Jelly does sound good right about now.

prospector 4 years, 7 months ago

Bob

You know goat ropers are libs and republicans have cows. You could go political on Mel and re-post the Biscuit Blog. I want to sit down with a cup of cocoa and enjoy it again.

Mel

Welcome to the On The Street. If this were school, think of it as recess. It can be serious (see yesterday), but mostly, everyone is just having a little fun. Thanks for playing.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 7 months ago

/no clue what was political in this thread. - T_O_B

autie sharing a bowl with the municipal court judge is what was political. Influence peddling...

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 7 months ago

"Simplistic and succinct answers don't exist here."

Is having goats in the yard a hot button lib or republican issue?

/no clue what was political in this thread.

blessed3x 4 years, 7 months ago

"honeychild (Mel Briscoe) says…

all that jibber jabber sounded political'ish to me, b3x. on the topic of “have you been enjoying this nice weather?” i would think that the answers would be simplistic and succinct. anything more than an “uh huh….. nice outside lately” is too much. "

No offense, Mel, but you must be new to the forums. Simplistic and succinct answers don't exist here. Every comment is laced with the political and moral leanings of each poster. In the case of Merill's cut and pastes, "laced" might be an understatement!

...but if it makes you feel better...

We've taken the opportunity during these cooler temperatures to get some extra yard work done.

gccs14r 4 years, 7 months ago

It has been another year without a summer. No bike rides, no swimming, no shorts or sandals, bleah. Now it's September and I have to wait another nine months for a chance for decent weather.

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 7 months ago

all that jibber jabber sounded political'ish to me, b3x. on the topic of "have you been enjoying this nice weather?" i would think that the answers would be simplistic and succinct. anything more than an "uh huh..... nice outside lately" is too much.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 7 months ago

Darn it. I always get centrifugal confused with centripetal.

blessed3x 4 years, 7 months ago

"honeychild (Mel Briscoe) says…

damn, after reading through some of the comments on here, it makes me shake my head. why do some folks have to put a political slant on everything. including a thread about weather. geez laweez. "

...other than the discussion over which type of goat is acceptable within city limits, at what point did people get political prior to your post, Mel?

Overreact much?

That being said, if this is global warming, sign me up! Way to go Big Al! Better make some more private jet flights around the world to talk about how we all need to cut back on our fossil fuel consumption!

There, now you can overreact!

prospector 4 years, 7 months ago

The folks buying carbon credits are taking advantage. At this rate, they will be free by Halloween and you can pass them out instead of candy.

Maybe Al Gore will fly around and pump them up again.

jonas_opines 4 years, 7 months ago

"why do some folks have to put a political slant on everything. including a thread about weather."

I've started to think that maybe it might be a muscle memory thing. The fingers just move in familiar patterns on their own from time to time.

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 7 months ago

damn, after reading through some of the comments on here, it makes me shake my head. why do some folks have to put a political slant on EVERYTHING. including a thread about WEATHER. geez laweez.

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 7 months ago

yes. i've loved the reprieve from the punishment we kansans usually endure during summer months. its been great!

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

falling, you bet I'm native. I was born in Kansas. But I reckon I would still get a ticket. Then all I would have to do is load a bowl in the pipe for the municipal court judge.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 7 months ago

I am however, washing my vehicle as at this very moment.

Matt Warman 4 years, 7 months ago

We have had the a/c off alot and have enjoyed the attic fan more than usual. I'm with gardenmomma, what is a rolfer? I rolf after a hard night drinking, but is that a profession?

fallingwhilereading 4 years, 7 months ago

autie Unless your native treaties signed for land sessions allows natives to graze their live stock on any unused lands private, or unowned properties. As long as they are not being used. I hope your native. If not get a native to buy one, and keep it on your property. There is nothing the city, county, or state could do.

prospector 4 years, 7 months ago

I can't let everyone down. More porch time at the brewery.

prospector 4 years, 7 months ago

My AC has.

Renaldo, I see you learned the lesson without TV.

You can't fool Mother Nature

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

take what you get, so to speak?

Down here, almost six inches of precip for the month, mild temps..pond looks good, fish feeding well. All good.

Extra mowing when the grass should be burned up and dry...bad.

I was thinking of buying a goat until I checked the zoning regulations for permitted uses. Apparently one cannot graze livestock in a downtown commercial zone.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 7 months ago

I would never act like a cad and take advantage of Mother Nature. It's a mutual thing...

blue73harley 4 years, 7 months ago

Does cutting grass between the monsoons count?

trinity 4 years, 7 months ago

you beat me to it, gardenmomma! :)