Previous   Next

Have you taken advantage of this relatively mild August weather?

Asked at The Merc, 901 Iowa on August 26, 2009

Browse the archives

“Every second I can. I’ve played Frisbee golf, barbecued with my husband and friends, and just sat outside, chilled and read a book.”

“I have been playing a lot of golf.”

“I’ve missed out on it because I’ve spent most of my time in the mountains in Colorado.”

“Yes, I try to walk a lot and I am enjoying not watering my garden so much.”

Comments

fallingwhilereading 5 years, 3 months ago

autie Unless your native treaties signed for land sessions allows natives to graze their live stock on any unused lands private, or unowned properties. As long as they are not being used. I hope your native. If not get a native to buy one, and keep it on your property. There is nothing the city, county, or state could do.

Matt Warman 5 years, 3 months ago

We have had the a/c off alot and have enjoyed the attic fan more than usual. I'm with gardenmomma, what is a rolfer? I rolf after a hard night drinking, but is that a profession?

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 3 months ago

yes. i've loved the reprieve from the punishment we kansans usually endure during summer months. its been great!

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 3 months ago

damn, after reading through some of the comments on here, it makes me shake my head. why do some folks have to put a political slant on EVERYTHING. including a thread about WEATHER. geez laweez.

jonas_opines 5 years, 3 months ago

"why do some folks have to put a political slant on everything. including a thread about weather."

I've started to think that maybe it might be a muscle memory thing. The fingers just move in familiar patterns on their own from time to time.

blessed3x 5 years, 3 months ago

"honeychild (Mel Briscoe) says…

damn, after reading through some of the comments on here, it makes me shake my head. why do some folks have to put a political slant on everything. including a thread about weather. geez laweez. "

...other than the discussion over which type of goat is acceptable within city limits, at what point did people get political prior to your post, Mel?

Overreact much?

That being said, if this is global warming, sign me up! Way to go Big Al! Better make some more private jet flights around the world to talk about how we all need to cut back on our fossil fuel consumption!

There, now you can overreact!

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 3 months ago

all that jibber jabber sounded political'ish to me, b3x. on the topic of "have you been enjoying this nice weather?" i would think that the answers would be simplistic and succinct. anything more than an "uh huh..... nice outside lately" is too much.

gccs14r 5 years, 3 months ago

It has been another year without a summer. No bike rides, no swimming, no shorts or sandals, bleah. Now it's September and I have to wait another nine months for a chance for decent weather.

blessed3x 5 years, 3 months ago

"honeychild (Mel Briscoe) says…

all that jibber jabber sounded political'ish to me, b3x. on the topic of “have you been enjoying this nice weather?” i would think that the answers would be simplistic and succinct. anything more than an “uh huh….. nice outside lately” is too much. "

No offense, Mel, but you must be new to the forums. Simplistic and succinct answers don't exist here. Every comment is laced with the political and moral leanings of each poster. In the case of Merill's cut and pastes, "laced" might be an understatement!

...but if it makes you feel better...

We've taken the opportunity during these cooler temperatures to get some extra yard work done.