Previous   Next

Are you tired of the Brett Favre saga?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 19, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes, I’m tired of hearing about it from my brother. He repeats ‘Sportscenter’ to me.”

“Yes, I am very tired of the Brett Favre saga. I think he should retire.”

“I feel bad for him; he’s gone through a lot in the public eye.”

“Sure, who isn’t?”

Comments

Flap Doodle 5 years, 4 months ago

IMHO, his career peaked at There's Something About Mary.

Mixolydian 5 years, 4 months ago

snap_pop_no_crackle (Anonymous) says…

IMHO, his career peaked at There's Something About Mary.

So true. Ben Stiller trying to stumble and mumble his name when figuring out how to pronounce it. Brett Fah-ver-ray.

Too funny.

Interesting point though...how do you have a mid-life crisis when you already have a warehouse full of little red sports cars?

ohjayhawk 5 years, 4 months ago

“I feel bad for him; he’s gone through a lot in the public eye.”

— Sarah Bassett, psychology major, Hays

"I DON'T feel bad for him; he's PUT HIMSELF through a lot in the public eye."

There, that's better.

zettapixel 5 years, 4 months ago

Brett... please... for the love of God... RETIRE! Go join your buddy Troy Aikman in the announcers booth!

jonas_opines 5 years, 4 months ago

No, not really. Now, ask me if I've been paying attention to it. /no

jaywalker 5 years, 4 months ago

"What the hell is Brett Favre doing here?"

Still cracks me up.

Hell yes, I'm tired of this. Three years in a row he's "retired", and 3 or 4 or 5 years prior to that he "mulled" retirement. I think half of it is he's an attention whore, the other half is he doesn't want to have to grind out an entire training camp. He's seen how baseball players like Clemens have manipulated their 'standing' into avoiding the tough portion of the season and he's taking advantage. Who really believed he was passing on 10 million this year when he supposedly backed out three weeks ago?
Funnier still, all the pundits seem to have forgotten how he crashed and burned the last six games of '08. He hasn't won a playoff game since '96 and he's got as many interceptions as TD's. The fanatacism over him is just as puzzling as it is with John Daly.

Whew. Guess I needed to get that off my chest.

beatrice 5 years, 4 months ago

It will have no impact on the Steelers repeating as champions, so no, I'm not tired or even slightly bothered by the the Favre "saga." In fact, if Michael Vick getting a job doesn't bother me, why should Favre?

gogoplata 5 years, 4 months ago

I can understand him. If I was good enough I'd take 10 Million to play pro football at 40 or whatever age he is. Not too many people would pass that up.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 4 months ago

I believe this is a man who genuinely loves the game. When he is good he is very, very good. There have been times when I wondered why he threw that ball. Why did Jake Delhomme decide to throw when they were tied with the Giants with 50 seconds to go and all he had to do was hand off and keep the football safe and go into overtime? There, thats off my chest.

CMM 5 years, 4 months ago

Brett Favre is ruining small businesses downtown

grammaddy 5 years, 4 months ago

I'm tired of Brett Favre and Michael Vick.

slowplay 5 years, 4 months ago

Anybody who commented either way on this, needs a life. Who cares. The Vikings are paying him $12M so apparently they think he's worth it.

meggers 5 years, 4 months ago

slowplay,

As per your post criticizing people for commenting, and then commenting yourself, I have but three words- get a life!

eastside46 5 years, 4 months ago

I guess if he keeps coming back and someone still wants him who cares what he does. It's his life I say go Brett! I hope he has a good year!

ohjayhawk 5 years, 4 months ago

blue - I wonder if he qualified to get his at little or no cost to him?

Aisling 5 years, 4 months ago

think that the whole thing with Farve is conspiracy. Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi fixed it for Brett to come back this late in the preseason…just so Barrack and the looney left can upset the fantasy football leagues. Tom

Autie, bwahahahahahahaha, THAT was funny.

MrShades 5 years, 4 months ago

R I; you made me spew my Taco Salad That was classic good!

Linda Aikins 5 years, 4 months ago

He's about to tie Cher in the number of times he gives his "final concert."

worse than a da** furniture store close-out sale.

jumpin_catfish 5 years, 4 months ago

There was a day when he was one of my all time favorites football players but not so much anymore.

gogoplata 5 years, 4 months ago

A fool with an extra 10,000,000 in his pocket.

Shane Garrett 5 years, 3 months ago

Thank you Brett Favre. Now maybe the vikings will make the super bowl.

remember_username 5 years, 3 months ago

I've not read the saga - or is it a TV series? I am tired of the media talking about it though.