Previous   Next

How will the Kansas City Chiefs do this year?

Asked at Wayne & Larry’s Sports Bar & Grill, 933 Iowa on August 14, 2009

Browse the archives

“I’ve been watching the Chiefs for a while. They won two games last year, they’ll double that.”

“I think they’ll do better than they have in the past.”

“They’re going to win five games.”

“I’m a Broncos fan, so hopefully they will do worse than the Broncos.”

Comments

Jersey_Girl 4 years, 8 months ago

ROTFLMAO!!! They only won two games last year? Surely, they have to go up from there! They are so pathetic. I'm with you, Lara - if God isn't a Bronco fan, then why are sunsets orange and blue?

labmonkey 4 years, 8 months ago

I think they will win 5 games this year. I question the pickup and long-term signing of Cassell....they had their man in Thigpin. I will still follow and watch every game that I can though.

couranna1 4 years, 8 months ago

what I want to know is why did you go a bowling alley to ask about football wayne and larrys is a joke the food is bad and bowlers are not athletes look at those four yoyos they wouldn't know a football if it bit them in the butt The Chiefs will win 6 games after Cassell is hurt and Thigpen comes in and leads this team They are more experienced this year and have a good coaching staff The loss of TG will hurt but Bowe is poised to emerge as a top flight receiver The D should be better and create more turnovers by utilizing the 3/4 and their athleticism Whatever you do don't order the nachos there poop city baby

jaywalker 4 years, 8 months ago

Could be another long season. Brutal schedule. Anything more than 4 wins would be a positive. Never should have got rid of Marty, haven't been worth much since.

riverdrifter 4 years, 8 months ago

I renewed our family tickets this year (39th year!) and promptly farmed them out to a corporate account at face value. With Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards gone improvement is on the way -just not much this year. They'll win 5-6 games, I'd guess. I sure do miss the Chiefs tailgate. A lot of good times in lot B parking. Then game time would come around and we'd ruin it all by going in to Airhead stadium.

stuckinthemiddle 4 years, 8 months ago

my son was a Raiders fan when he was seven...

when he was seven...

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

Picture #2 has to be the lamest and most pathetic things I've seen today. And completly false due to the 1/2 filled stadium that Camarohead has become.

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

Now I have an urge for a snickers bar....go Chefs!!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 8 months ago

Maybe the Chiefs should have tried to get Vick?

Roland Gunslinger 4 years, 8 months ago

LOL - some funny comments on here.

Been reading alot about the training camp. I think we'll see a team vastly improved over last season but a team that is still trying to learn a new system and form bonds with each other.

6-10 would be a guess- I think offense will hurt us this year with a questionable O line and no clear go to guys in the receiving core.

Defense will be ok at first and get better through the season if we stay healthy.

We really ONLY need to win 4 games this year- 2 against Denver and 2 against Oakland. Win those games and show us that we are progressing towards actually becoming a great team and I'll be content.

eastside46 4 years, 8 months ago

Raiders fan here. Who cares about the Chiefs. But we will have to hear all year what a young team they are. So when they don't win that will be why.

somedude20 4 years, 8 months ago

Q: What is the difference between The Chiefs and a dollar bill? A: A dollar is good for four quarters Q: Where should you go when you have a tornado warring? A: Arrowhead Stadium as there is never a touchdown there

Go Steelers!!!! Sixburgh going on seven

Christine Pennewell Davis 4 years, 8 months ago

Your right irish they will not win one game they will win more than one game:)

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 8 months ago

@BABBOY UR suposed2go home afer thos sepcails @Sandbar &get some slep b4u go2 wurk.

beatrice 4 years, 8 months ago

Not as well as my beloved Steelers!

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

Irish says:

The Chiefs will not win one game this season.

Autie writes:

Wrong again.

blue73harley 4 years, 8 months ago

I guess I must have flunked Football Appreciation 101.

I get no "respest".

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 8 months ago

Multi, I thought that the greys had swooped down and scooped up every tuna in the ocean to save them from extinction so we can't have sushi any more. What is it they are claiming is tuna? Do you know what this is: clop clop clop clopclopclopclop clop clop clop? Amish drive by shooting. ROTFL The Chiefs will not win one game this season.

BABBOY 4 years, 8 months ago

Have tough time respesting anyone who does not appreciate football. I always assume the people making fun of football players were the same kids in high school that got picked on by football players.

Anyway, I was a Chief fan the first time they went through a bad spell in the late 70 and 80s. I am not going to abandon them now. They have a great GM and an interesting coach. We will be seeing you bandwangon fans in year or two when they make a run at the Super Bowl.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 8 months ago

Chiefs Smiefs..this town's ready for some White Owl... Let's get them Hawks in action!

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 8 months ago

blue you missed 2 illegal weapons violations at minor traffic stops or accident plus 1 really impressive stash in the glove box 1 random victim in a drive by 1 sudden death during warm up due to having travel back on a trade route during the holidays. They claim bad sushi, but we know..don't we.

Defender 4 years, 8 months ago

They will win 6-8 games, all you haters are just haters. They will do even better next year. Most teams have seriosly bad times and seriously good times. For ignorant idiots to say 'it's over' for the Chiefs, well, it just shows the stupidity of such types.

Cry me a river....

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

Mr. Dylan -

Raiders fan here. Can't stand the Chiefs.

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

Raiders fan? Isn't that sort of like cheering for Missouri? Greatest football moment when Otis Taylor ran down the field and jumped on Ben Davidson after he roughed up Len Dawson...it was cool cool.

spacehog 4 years, 8 months ago

You're right, momma. That's why I've been a Raiders fan since about 1973. No matter how bad they suck, I'm always behind them. Born and raised here, never liked the Chiefs..........

parrotuya 4 years, 8 months ago

They need to get Michael Vick!

Christine Pennewell Davis 4 years, 8 months ago

A true fan sticks with their team good and bad. Not sure how they will do, got rid of Tony, I sad but have hope it will be a better season.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

They've done great. They conned Kansas City's taxpayers into millions of dollars in renovations. They will make money easily this year and laugh their asses off all the way to the bank.

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

They will win the AFC west and then on to the super bowl. Just gotta have a little faith baby....but I say this every year just in case. Broncos blow by the way.

blue73harley 4 years, 8 months ago

Two assault charges.

One harrassment conviction.

Three DUIs.

grammaddy 4 years, 8 months ago

Same as they've always done. PITIFUL!! I don't see how anyone remains a Chiefs fan. When was the lasttime they had a decent season. K.C. needs to dump them and get a basketball team back. The Sprint Center needs a permanent tenant!!

jonas_opines 4 years, 8 months ago

That looks like an after-bar post.

For the Chiefs, I haven't followed, but from what I hear it would be hard to do worse.

rantor 4 years, 8 months ago

They'll all perish in a plane crash, but the movie will be very touching. The franchise is over for K.C.