Previous   Next

Have you ever served on a jury?

Asked at Checkers Food Store, 23rd and Louisiana streets. on August 13, 2009

Browse the archives

“No, I haven’t. … I’d like to serve if I got the opportunity.”

“Yes, I have, at least twice. … I enjoyed it, kind of eye-opening.”

“No, I have not.”

“Yes, it was long. It was a Houston jury.”

Comments

ohjayhawk 5 years, 4 months ago

I served on a grand jury once, which was VERY interesting. I enjoyed that experience a lot. The only downside is that I had to take one morning a week off work for 3 months.

Just a few months ago, I got sat on a jury, but after the trial, the judge passed around cards with numbers on them. I ended up picking a number that made me an alternate. So, I had to leave. Which, after seeing how a juror got replaced during the deliberations, I wonder why they had the alternates leave before the deliberations were over?

I also just got a card in the mail a few weeks ago saying I was "on call" for jury duty again next year.

I_Bejewel 5 years, 4 months ago

I've been called up twice, served once. The trial was a second attempt to convict this man after the first resulted in a hung jury. When they say the burden of proof is on the prosecution, they are not kidding. It was very frustrating to hear all the things afterwards that we could not be told during the trial because we ultimately, most-likely let a guilty man go free.

asbury 5 years, 4 months ago

I have been called to serve, but was not chosen.

Practicality 5 years, 4 months ago

I don't really care how many of you guys have been on a jury, what I want to know is how many of you guys have been a defendant.

Bill Lee 5 years, 4 months ago

The only time I was called for jury duty, I was asked if I knew any of the people involved in the case. i had to admit that I knew the plaintiff, both attorneys, the judge, and the defendant worked for me. Needless to say, I did not get to serve on the jury.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 5 years, 4 months ago

My mom was on a jury for a murder trial in Wichita. Someone should have made a movie out of it.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 4 months ago

No, but I like what blue wrote. I haven't read one word about this trial because it is so horrible and I don't want to know. I am so afraid that he will be let off.