Previous   Next

Have you ever served on a jury?

Asked at Checkers Food Store, 23rd and Louisiana streets. on August 13, 2009

Browse the archives

“No, I haven’t. … I’d like to serve if I got the opportunity.”

“Yes, I have, at least twice. … I enjoyed it, kind of eye-opening.”

“No, I have not.”

“Yes, it was long. It was a Houston jury.”

Comments

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

You know, maybe they should have asked this question outside the Econolodge motel...??? but it would have been, "have you ever sat in front of a jury?"

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

I saw that this morning. When he turned 90, he was still playing a weekly gig at some bar in New York.

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

flash for you centrist libertarians...Les Paul has passed away. didn't he like invent the electric guitar as we know it? Rock on brother. That thing told me I was a leftist libertarian, comrades.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

RI =

Yeah, it has probably reached meme status by this point. Some varition of it... brainsplosion, mindsplosion... to be baffled to the point of your mind/brain exploding. It'll be a meme till someone adds it to www.urbandictionary.com at which point it will be cemented and rarely used again.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 8 months ago

T_O_B, /Mindsplosion? Is that one of those newfangled MeMes floating around the intertubes?

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 8 months ago

No, but I like what blue wrote. I haven't read one word about this trial because it is so horrible and I don't want to know. I am so afraid that he will be let off.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 4 years, 8 months ago

My mom was on a jury for a murder trial in Wichita. Someone should have made a movie out of it.

Bill Lee 4 years, 8 months ago

The only time I was called for jury duty, I was asked if I knew any of the people involved in the case. i had to admit that I knew the plaintiff, both attorneys, the judge, and the defendant worked for me. Needless to say, I did not get to serve on the jury.

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

Speaking of those ads, do they really think we believe it is the same chick in the before/after pictures? duh... And the one for the game site...ouchy, she is total.

Practicality 4 years, 8 months ago

I don't really care how many of you guys have been on a jury, what I want to know is how many of you guys have been a defendant.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

"Don't knock Rachel Ray, she had the best party @ SXSW this year."

/Mindsplosion.

prospector 4 years, 8 months ago

What Autie said.

Bob, I will always buy something from someone in a bikini. I refreshed looking for the ad and only got a reminder to take my heartburn med, Ann Coulter.

asbury 4 years, 8 months ago

I have been called to serve, but was not chosen.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 8 months ago

T_O_B, Don't knock Rachel Ray, she had the best party @ SXSW this year.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

Not yet.

I don't know what they are trying to sell in the ad that has Rachel Ray in a bikini in the top right ad spot, but I can't imagine the product is selling well due to having Rachel Ray in a bikini.

I_Bejewel 4 years, 8 months ago

I've been called up twice, served once. The trial was a second attempt to convict this man after the first resulted in a hung jury. When they say the burden of proof is on the prosecution, they are not kidding. It was very frustrating to hear all the things afterwards that we could not be told during the trial because we ultimately, most-likely let a guilty man go free.

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

Oddly enough, after all these years I have never been called up. Not in 34 years of being eligible.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 8 months ago

I have been on a jury panel for a few competitions before.

ohjayhawk 4 years, 8 months ago

I served on a grand jury once, which was VERY interesting. I enjoyed that experience a lot. The only downside is that I had to take one morning a week off work for 3 months.

Just a few months ago, I got sat on a jury, but after the trial, the judge passed around cards with numbers on them. I ended up picking a number that made me an alternate. So, I had to leave. Which, after seeing how a juror got replaced during the deliberations, I wonder why they had the alternates leave before the deliberations were over?

I also just got a card in the mail a few weeks ago saying I was "on call" for jury duty again next year.

blue73harley 4 years, 8 months ago

I have had to report for jury duty but have not been asked to serve.

Must have been that t-shirt that said, "Kill 'Em All, Let God Sort 'Em Out.

Donnuts 4 years, 8 months ago

No, but I have seen a outraged misled lynch mob.