Previous   Next

Will proposed changes to the transit service affect your usage of the system?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 12, 2009

Browse the archives

“Not at all. I live way out on the west side, work way on the east side and it’s too far of a trip to take a bus.”

“It probably wouldn’t affect me since I have a car and a bike and I walk a lot of places.”

“I am planning on buying a new bike, so I will probably be riding my bike more than taking the bus.”

“No it will not, but I think it’s a great idea to link it with KU.”

Comments

Richard Heckler 4 years, 8 months ago

Wait until we see the new schedules and which buses are running late.

Will all Lawrence residents and visitors be able to use both bus systems?

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 8 months ago

The bus has never been empty when I am on it. There are quite a few people in Lawrence who depend on the bus. The only thing you can get from SRS if you are unemployed is food stamps, not cash and not medical. If you do qualify for cash, it like the food stamps, is put on a debit card every month. If you get Medicaid you get a plastic card. Much more sensible than paying all that money for envelopes and stamps every month SRS is also electronically linked to banks and to law enforcement and you do have to show them a picture ID and a birth certificate. People who get housing assistance or SRS are vetted quite throughly. I have no idea where you pick up unemployment checks.

Robert Kiefer 4 years, 8 months ago

How on earth did any bus system votes pass. reading these responses leads me to beleive the election to save the emp-T was rigged. Please do not insult our intelligence anymore. This experiment has proven without a doubt that Lawrence is not ready for, or in need of a public transit system period!!!!!!!!! Lawrence loves to ban things, I propose we ban the T.

couranna1 4 years, 8 months ago

dont work or live in lawrence so probably just the shuttle to KU games

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

Your fuel is attracting coyotes. Never a good sign. My advice to you is to fire up the margarita mixer engine, make a margarita, climb in the hot tub on the deck, and fire away.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 8 months ago

T_O_B, Do you know any way to remove the thin little pancake eater fry and deep fried cod smell from waste vegetable oil? I have collected enough to run the listeroid generator continuously for 13 months when the grid comes crashing down, but the yotes sit up on the tank and howl all night.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

Prospector -

I just installed the hot tub in the bunker. We will be living in style when the biosolids goes down. I am currently trying to figure out a ventilation system so Autie can smoke the two cow and three pig carcasses I have in the walk-in freezer. The riots starting up later than expected gave a little more time to add some of the finer things.

govenorteacup 4 years, 8 months ago

I plan on riding the bus to campus, for class and my job. Loves it!

consumer1 4 years, 8 months ago

I think they should paint the buses green and advertise about going green on the sides of the buses. Then we can all have a good laugh when we see all the empty buses driving around Lawrence. But, there is good new here folks. The people who voted to spend our tax dollars on this black hole, feel very proud of themselves. They have successfully constructed a transportation system to allow the unemployed a means to pick up their welfare checks.

prospector 4 years, 8 months ago

Autie, we thanked many of them for doing it.

"freedom fries"

Spuds were the major row crop there.

prospector 4 years, 8 months ago

Bob, I have been more than six feet under with work only to crawl out for a road trip. I have some surface mining to do, so I will be closer to the interweb.

You pretty much hit it on the head. First the town halls, next into the streets. An assessment meeting is in order at the compound soon.

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

Those thin pancake eaters wound up down yonder in the swamp lands and invented gumbo and such. I don't hear any complaining about their freedom fries.

prospector 4 years, 8 months ago

Autie, the region that ran the thin pancake eaters out of the country of round bacon was very cool in many ways. The daily regime was lighthouse to lighthouse that culminated in the catch of the day.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

"Bob, the cub reporter would have had to ask a thousand folks before they randomly found a regular user."

Ha!

"“Will your beer consumption habits change when bottled Free State Beer is available?”"

Yes, I will drink more Free State Beer.

More importantly... Prospector is alive!

prospector 4 years, 8 months ago

Just the usage of my tax dollars.

Bob, the cub reporter would have had to ask a thousand folks before they randomly found a regular user. The rides are free for a few days so you think they could have climbed on Route A or something. But then they may have had to ride it a couple loops to catch a rider to ask.

More people would have an opinion on "Will your beer consumption habits change when bottled Free State Beer is available?"

be3 4 years, 8 months ago

Nope and ever bus that I see is still empTy.

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

And you work at the school the bus is going to?? Now that is just plain dumb. I'm sure my little jayhawk will have to get the whole bus thing down as she will be riding it daily.

Norma Jeane Baker 4 years, 8 months ago

My answer is the same as blue's and autie's: Nope. Never. Actually, I guess my answer is the same as pretty much everyone here today.

Mary Darst 4 years, 8 months ago

I asked to ride the school bus to school last year to save on gas. It stops right in front of my house. Told told me NO. I couldn't ride it. Something about grants ot bus programs. (blah blah blah ).

autie 4 years, 8 months ago

I don't anticipate riding the bus at all...ever.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 8 months ago

Once again, they asked a question that did not pertain to those answering.

blue73harley 4 years, 8 months ago

No, I am an evil commuter leaving a HUGE carbon footprint.

I believe that Al Gore is the Anti-Christ.

And that the only thing worse than a Prius driver is a Yaris driver.